Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do NOT Play List

Comments

• nkzznkzz Member Posts: 70
    Well I'm not gonna sit and say my opinion about what to play and not.. Cause In my opinion it's really all a matter of taste.. But ehm if I should mention one game and ill mention a free one, then RyL. That game is simple just to lame and too ugly, it's free yes, but not worth having on your hdd if you ask me :P

Games Played » AO | EvE | RyL | EQ | SwG | WoW | MxO | CoH | GW

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Malkavian

Originally posted by webBear1000

Don't play Dark Age of Camelot
    It's stupid!!!

Considering DAOC is ranked No 1 to our members, I'm not sure if "stupid" is a justifyable reason.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Being ranked no.1 by members doesn't justify it not being stupid by those that think it is. It's an opinion and the only justification of an opinion is in those that made it.

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• xek1xek1 Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Laneo

Originally posted by Malkavian

Originally posted by webBear1000

Don't play Dark Age of Camelot
    It's stupid!!!

Considering DAOC is ranked No 1 to our members, I'm not sure if "stupid" is a justifyable reason.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Being ranked no.1 by members doesn't justify it not being stupid by those that think it is. It's an opinion and the only justification of an opinion is in those that made it.

Have you yourself even played the game? Now days its all JUSTIFIED by votes and polls and the only way we find things out is by asking tons of people and if theres a reaccuring awnser then it must mean somthing...so get all the facts straight before you try to school a staff member with your vocabulary consisting of only "justify."

Much respect to the mmorpg staffimage

Game Play>> RS-AQ-continuum-LF2

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

I would add Mourning and swg to your list and take Horizons off.

Mourning is simply the worst game ever released.  The game has nothing.  No features, no quests (now finally a few), few vendors, bugs galore and its 2-3 years from being in a reasonable release shape. 

With 4-10 players online total its only a matter of time until it is cancelled.

SWG imo was the 2nd worst MMORPG ever released.  The game had a lot of potential but soe never intented on making a game that would be fun but instead let its marketing departm,ent design the game.  All hype and no gameplay.  Arguably AO was much worse.  But what SOE did to swg was criminal.

I agree with you that Horizons is an awful game.  But the crafting is great.  The best crafting game out.  That deserves some points.

• StrangerrStrangerr Member Posts: 32

lol you are telling me SWG is crap and then start talking about horizons beeing good :) ? Well I play swg (not a SW fan ) for about 1 year and ya I had a few breaks to check out Wow , Eq 2 , CoH and I return to SWg all the time . I agree that the game is not going to win "The best mmog in 2005" award or any award at that point but its still a game that alot of ppl play and find it entertaining . Well I found SWG more entertaining hatn wow at least . The trick is not to grind 24/7 :)

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

You know i tried DAoC when i was on an old p2 and it was so laggy i couldnt play it.. I lost the cd's and haen't tried it since... i should though because i like the camelot mythology..

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

Last two years my favorite games: Guild Wars , HL2 ,  WC3

Last two years games ive tested but disliked: WoW , FFX , L2 , EQ2 , DAOC , SWG , BF vietnam

• WillJones420WillJones420 Member Posts: 263

Horizons....off the list of worst MMO's out there??  Dude, are you smoking some heavy stuff or what?  That comment is giveing me a headache here, so please stop that nonsense.

Yes, it was a crafter's game, and if you enjoy crafting more than adventuring then by all means take up Horizons, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.  I hope that is ALL you are going to do though, because the adventuring aspect in this game is an abselute joke.  To emphasize, running around in supposedly hostile regions such as volcany fields and not encounter a single mob for almost an hour is a bad thing. 

If you want decent crafting and adventuring than pick SWG over Horizons I say.  It has a great crafting system as well, a halfway decent PvE and adventuring system (well, maybe not), and it still has the best community out of all the MMO's I've played to date.

SWG > Horizons.  As a matter of fact ALL > Horizons.

Have a nice day.

• Knivey98Knivey98 Member Posts: 27
    What is the link to horizon i love crafting games

• Originally posted by Thompson8472

Furcadia... Look on their homepage... Here's what I saw...
    "Our established online community grew over years and has become a second home to many."
    "Furcadia an online experience for the whole family."
    "New surprises await you whenever you dive into Furcadia, leaving the real world behind you."
    Why is it even on this website, its pathetic

So YOUR the one who reserected this looooooong D-E-A-D thread! It's been dead for more than 1 year LOL! Your post on page 9 dug it up from its ancient grave. image
  • NattydreadNattydread Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by ste2000
    Did I mention Mourning?
    Ah..........yes I did it a couple of post ago.Sorry, it s stronger than me, I just want to make sure that this game has the place it deserves in the gaming industry..............the toilet.....::::39::

ah, so much angst against morning sir! Let the game lie where it is, there is but a small group following it now... but nuff bout my past!

Games that I have paid for and regretted: Neocron comes to mind, betas I regretted Lineage 2, and Horizons...

I do MISS Wish though..... Hoping Irth Online is my salvation!

Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
    You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
    You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
    Now water can flow or it can crash!
    Be water, my friend.
    ~Bruce Lee

• HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164

Can I include:

6. Lineage 2 (cuz it's no fun at all playing it)image
    7. Everquest (there are so many bugs on it)image

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

• komarrkomarr Member UncommonPosts: 214

My do not play's; ( I'm only commenting on one's I have actually played/beta'd)

1.) Horizons.   Bug-city

2.) Rubies of Eventide. (beta'd only) Bug city.  Tho I give them credit for trying to try and keep the project alive as a free game.

3.)Biosfear.  Beta'd only. meh

4.) City of Heroes.  Nice character creation, all downhill from there.  It's ONLY saving grace is it's lack of competition in terms of genre.

5.) Dark Age of Camelot-post Trials of Atlantis.  If you wanted to participate in realm vs realm as anything other then cannon fodder ToA was MUST buy, MUST complete (and MUST have a strong guild/big dedicated group to complete).image

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

~Omar Khayyam

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by komarr

My do not play's; ( I'm only commenting on one's I have actually played/beta'd)
    1.) Horizons.   Bug-city
    2.) Rubies of Eventide. (beta'd only) Bug city.  Tho I give them credit for trying to try and keep the project alive as a free game.
    3.)Biosfear.  Beta'd only. meh
    4.) City of Heroes.  Nice character creation, all downhill from there.  It's ONLY saving grace is it's lack of competition in terms of genre.
    5.) Dark Age of Camelot-post Trials of Atlantis.  If you wanted to participate in realm vs realm as anything other then cannon fodder ToA was MUST buy, MUST complete (and MUST have a strong guild/big dedicated group to complete).image

City of Heroes is a bad ass game and cant be put in the same list as biosfear, rubies, or horizons unless ur saying they're all mmorpgs....CoH is my number 2 or 3 game after WoW...i just renewed my subscription yesterday after not playing since septemeber, when i started playing WoW=)
  • Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

I'm not going to say that some of the things you speak of are not what is wrong in those games. All I'm saying is that some of you guys are on the SAUCE. No offense, and I hope none are taken. But the person who said CoH smelled like rotten lunchables I curse you. The game is great not because of the fact it is the only kind of it's genre but because it's a  great game. Community, character creation, interface, not some much lag. Theses are some of the things you take into effect when scoring a game playable.

The graphics are amazing, with the right graphics processor, the shading, texturing and many other things will become visible. PlanetSide is another game that is great. Having a sci-fi fps mmorpg and have it constantly go on after you log off, that great. What makes this game unique is that its the first of it's kind.

So before you are ready to say "Don't play this game. this game sucks" think about what mad you start playing in the first place, and what was the first thing you noticed when you first logged in.  

Everybody is so quick to bash a game because its faults and not raise it up for what makes it cool. Next time when you play a game notice the positive things, notice the things that matter.image

• komarrkomarr Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Ken`Shiero, I agree that CoH is a very attractive game graphically, But frankly, as one who's played it, it get's repetative quickly.  That's my issue with it.

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

~Omar Khayyam

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

You can't turn around and see a game that is not repetitive. All of them have to be because that the only way you can level. You have to kill this to level and then you have to kill that. That's why they add crafting and quests to make things run more smoothly, to make things more bearable. Graphics can only help a game so much that why the guesting and raiding have the gamers backing them up in the community.

Everything in gaming is interconnected if one fails all of them fail. In the end all you are going to have is a drink coaster.image

• SlashmysinSlashmysin Member Posts: 4

Actually when I started playing Runescape, I found it quite fun and was sort of addicted to it. After a while, I found it very very boring and stopped. Gunbound and MapleStory are games that you can consider to play, they are really fun. The websites are www.gunbound.net and www.mapleglobal.com for global users or www.maplesea.com for south east asia users.

• Menchi_koMenchi_ko Member Posts: 24

After playing dozen of mmorpg's the only game that I would really advocate people to not even try is Mu Online. Even Horizon, Runescape, and the other ones that I consider as "bad" have some little minor things that *some* people might like. (Runescape is free and can be played on a browser, for example) But just about everything that Mu Online offers is terribly implemented. The graphics sometimes seem good w/ spells but most of the time pretty bad and old. hackers/cheaters/griefers have made leveling even more painful than the horrible grind and low recovery rate. Skills system little to no customization, and nonexistent customer service...

Although I've heard some very good things about some well-run private Mu servers, but that's a no-no here =)

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

This current thread is totally pointless.  Why dont we just list every single MMOG on the market now and the ones that will come out in the future?  So far it seem like that have already happened. 

Its a fact of life that not everyone is going to like the same game as the next guy.  You're going to have everyone who doesnt like that particular game coming onto this thread and saying "dude, dont play DAoC, its stupid."  No, you wont ever see someone coming on here praise that same game.

I know people who have played Horizons and City of Heroes and they actually love it.  This thread provides nothing for people who might actually be interested and would actually enjoy the games that people listed on this thread.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Thoemse

Good list. Those games really are "To be avoided"
    Stupid me spent cash on Horizons. It'S not even a game as well.
    It's a crafting simulator.

I'd add SWG and Planetside to that list. Don't wast your money to SOE.

I'd recommend trying SWG and Planetside, they rock. At least give a reason about gameplay other than your another sheep in the herd who hates SOE. Sheep, thats right. 99% of the people who bash SOE dont even have a legitimate gripe, they just repeat what they heard. Ok maybe parrot is more accurate.

My do not play list:

Lineage 2-Loathesome grind with farmers and griefers making up about 50% of the population. Drops are non-existant and you can buy the best weapons from the store a la IGE. God it could have been such a great game, oh and did I mention no quests period? No content = no fun

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

In honor of my 2001st post. I decided to necro the first thread I ever made on MMORPG.com.

::::20::

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709
    conflatulations :D
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Haha second resurection.

Bah, Marvel did hire NCsoft and kinda erase their bad behavior.  Mythic did get engaged in a popular setting (WAR), so I guess they settle their evil sueing as well, from a gamer point of view.

I just wish that Imperator would still prosper.  But I should know better than to dream for no reasons.  Bah, NW2 will cure me from MMO addiction!  image  Not like there is any MMO to be released soon that can restore this dying addiction.  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    dont paly wow its not good at all even 7million play it.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i