Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how is the state of L2 now?

binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

is it still the same 1xp exp as usual?

Comments

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

Originally posted by binary_0011

is it still the same 1xp exp as usual?

i think it has been improved a lot xp wise with the vatility system and xp potions(not sure about those)

But its about to imho be destroyed by the new expansion and make lineage 2 a typical boring noob full of gimmicky mmorpg

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188

@Wolfy,

please explain how ^F makes this game a typical gimmicky MMO? Lineage2 is still the same game, with the same unique PvP, and there is still a hard grind. The game is a lot easier than it was at prelude, but that's what killed L2 in the west in the first place. It took over a month to get to level 20 in prelude for the average player. Now it can be done in a matter of hours. It still takes months to get to the high level content, but there is more than just grind grind grind even at low levels.

@OP

Here's a short list of very positive changes ^F brings:

olyimpiad (rewards to all participants, daily quests added, new system, new arenas, basically its more rewarding for non-elites)

xp needed from 78-85 halved.

7 new high end raid bosses, plus tweaks to many existing bosses. including drops.

new cloaks, accessories, and dynasty gear only needs lvl 76 now

6man+ parties recieve a TON MORE XP together (their goal in this and raid boss changes was to bring more incentive for players of all levels to band together and kill raid bosses - actually experience the game instead of grind.

Hunting bonus - every ~30 minutes of grinding this will activate, giving you an instant 300% bonus on all kills, kills recharge VIT instead of deplete it(VIT is the xp bonus), and no-xp loss on death.

There's also a new buff in towns after someone slays a top raid boss, keeping the hunting bonus and nevit's recommendation bonus active for 3 hours.

15Vit4 cookies were given out. I have gotten from 1 to 53 on 2 chars, and my roommate is 52 on his in just 2 weeks. It's just now starting to slow down after lvl 50 to less than .5-1% a kill depending on bonus.

I don't know how long it's been since you've played, but with rec bonus, and vit4, you get 350% xp constant. Add on over-hit, and you are getting 5-6x the xp per mob. the amount of bonus xp is actually clarified now too. With NPC buffs up to 75, and free gear up to 52.. this game is much easier at the start.

The game is still insanely long to level at 81+, but there is so much more to do other than grind. Whether you prefer PvE, PvP, or playing the market there is something new for you to experience in ^F. Many players are returning, and there's even a ton activating for the first time. @14 day full trial, then $15 for the game + 1 month play, who wouldn't?

EDIT: another change, that wasn't part of high five, is that you no longer require a level 75 subclass to become a noblesse (required for olympiad). You can actually level 1 single character to 75, and become a noblesse AND get instant subclass access just by participating in Saturday territory wars; and turning in 100 TW coins.

• SilverwatchSilverwatch Member Posts: 232

Would you reccomend this to a new player then, never played and always wanted to ha.

Currently playing : Darkfall
    Character name : Aeola Anara
    Played: Almost every P2P MMO you can get your hands on, notably:
    Daoc, SWG, LOTRO, WAR, AoC + Dozens more

• myndziussmyndziuss Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by Silverwatch

Would you reccomend this to a new player then, never played and always wanted to ha.

Lol i would recommend Lineage 2 100% if you have never ever played it before :) It is extremely fun when u first start out and dont know anything about the game :) The world is huge and it has some really spectacular places, even at low level. So go ahead an try it out :P I remmember having so much fun when i first started it :D

I highly recommend playing. L2 is a game filled with 7 years of content. It has hundreds of raid bosses, open pvp, castle/fort seiges,kamaloka, events, alternative ways to collect gear and money, and amazing equipment models. You won't get some hyped up fail release like the many recent releases. You get proven quality and it is very enjoyable.

Lol i must say, if you DO choose to try the game out and get to the point where you find a clan and its time to defend or take over a castle, your gonna have the time of your life :D Castle sieges are soo much fun.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I had heard its click to move only...

Which isn't a problem for me but my best friend loathes it, meaning if I played it I'd have to do it alone, no fun.

Anyway just wondering if they ever added in ASWD in any form, I figure this relates to the state of the game?

The game is still click to move but i find it easier to use than World of warcraft type of movement since i dont need to use the same hand and fingers to use skills while also moving around. :P

Yes, there is a WASD movement (can be toggled) system in place, however it's (currently) a bit buggy. Most notable things are getting stuck on characters/objects and having to click behind you to move off them, and then sometimes when you let go of W you take a minor step back.

They are reworking the WASD movement completely with the GoD update. Gunna be another year for that to come to the west market though, as we just got High Five this week.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

Originally posted by Azorith

@Wolfy,

please explain how ^F makes this game a typical gimmicky MMO? Lineage2 is still the same game, with the same unique PvP, and there is still a hard grind. The game is a lot easier than it was at prelude, but that's what killed L2 in the west in the first place. It took over a month to get to level 20 in prelude for the average player. Now it can be done in a matter of hours. It still takes months to get to the high level content, but there is more than just grind grind grind even at low levels.

Have u seen the gameplay video of l2?? the main advantage of l2 is its action fast combat and non-gay 1 hour animations which really helped fast pvp gameplay... The last gameplay video shown stupid aion skills full of ridiculous gimmick to have kids go aaaawe... So slow skill and so much gimmicky it was insane... and from what i ve heard(not 100% sure) they want to turn archer class to noob hunter wow class so it will have skill that brings a pet and attacks or have slow skills that no longer force u to go auto shot kite...

Oh no! An archer class that can do something other than skill shot > kite > skill shot > kite! WOW CLONE WOW CLONE.

In all seriousness, I'd much rather have a few options to choose from in PvP than spam the same shit over and over. Archers are getting buffed, they get a slow, and a knock back. That doesn't make it a clone. It means archers were boring as fuck before, and now they have more abilities.

Also, the archer doesn't make the game. As you said the best thing about L2 is the fast paced factionless PvP, and OMG IT'S STILL THERE. You can kill anyone at any time, there are over 20 viable skills per class in late game to use (not including buffs/toggles), and a ton of classes you have to understand to beat. If anything they made the game even MORE unique, and have even made 6-9 man parties well worth trying. You can level all the way to 85 just from raid bosses and kamaloka. Or you can do it solely from grinding mobs. Or a mix of both.

You can't judge the whole game of Lineage2 just by a 4 minute patch trailer. 

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

I don't know how long it's been since you've played, but with rec bonus, and vit4, you get 350% xp constant. Add on over-hit, and you are getting 5-6x the xp per mob. the amount of bonus xp is actually clarified now too. With NPC buffs up to 75, and free gear up to 52.. this game is much easier at the start.

i have spent 5000 over hours already(see my signature).......z.zz..z  so how long will i need to get from lv 70 to max?

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Originally posted by binary_0011

i have spent 5000 over hours already(see my signature).......z.zz..z  so how long will i need to get from lv 70 to max?

I am guessing you have been sitting in town afk for 200 days in town?

Becuse if you used that time to actuall playing , and let's say you play 3 hours a day - you would have been playing for 4,5 years :D

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I would say it's a great game to give a try, especially if it's had your eye already and you're looking for something different.

I'm not a fan of some changes they've made to it over the years... but at the same time, I'm glad that at its core, L2 is still the same game it always was. It still comes down to being about PvP on several different levels. Player politics, a massive, interesting world and tons of content these days to partake in.

Not a lot of that is immediately apparent as soon as you log into the game, and it can be easy to be given the impression that the game is A: empty and B: doesn't have a lot to do. Neither of those are the case once you travel beyond the starting areas. So, do keep that in mind if you give it a try.

Giran is freaking packed lol. It's hard to find an empty piece of ground to click on in the central square. Aden is quite active as well. You'll see plenty of people in Dion, as well as some in Gludin and Gludio... and of course, out and about elsewhere.

In a genre that's becoming more and more about "faster/easier/more convenient/more hand-holding/more reward/less risk or challenge"... and so on.. L2 is one of few remaining MMOs around right now that maintains its traditional roots.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by myndziuss

Lol i would recommend Lineage 2 100% if you have never ever played it before :) It is extremely fun when u first start out and dont know anything about the game :) The world is huge and it has some really spectacular places, even at low level. So go ahead an try it out :P I remmember having so much fun when i first started it :D

Thank you. Going to try the 2 weeks trial.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

WSIMike I like your Sig. Is there a way you can make me one?