Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK community event coming up (edited from original title)

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

(note: major slip on my part, trust me that happens rarely, post edited to relfect the truth)

This was posted in another thread here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/post/4157454#4157454

The only reason i'm posting it here is the title in that thread doesn't really lead people to realize what it's about and the info could get lost otherwise.  Secondly i know the mods locked that thread but that was because they had a problem with it looking like a release date thread. So just so you know this isn't about a release date.

Now back to how i normally form posts.

In the link above you'll see the thread where i found out about it and cypt1 posted a link but because it's under a thread which may not get noticed for it's real reason the link may get lost and thus the info. The link below shows that they are having a community UK event soon,  they won't be allowing filming but we might get to hear more about it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=288378

note to mods: This isn't about the release date, but about the UK community event.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• sorry but i see nothing in there about EU testing starting.  only thing i see is about the invite only play session they decided to have in london where they are having a press event for which the invites are being sent out on the 31st.  heres what stphen reid has said in that same thread regarding EU testing

StephenReid News and Announcements -> UK Community Event - April 5th - come and play!

Quote:

Originally Posted by engrey View Post

If the content is against the NDA or is leaked (From PAX) then you should do what it takes to get that information off the web (To the best of your ability). That, or recognize that everything that could possibly be seen at PAX would be non-leaked material and free for all to share. Again, I was asked not to film inside the game play area, yet with thin screens covering the playing area for the line and giant TVs what did you expect would happen?

As a community, and I speak for a lot of people on this subject, again what is so important about these origin worlds that people cannot view them? Leaked material on content that is always subject to change in my opinion, is not that great of an excuse. Now NDA material from game-testing, that is different, but public events? Really?

I emphasized the important phrase in your comment here. While there is a portion of the community that understands that a game in development is subject to change, there are many more people who do not.

With those people in mind, we release material selectively and in a controlled manner because we want to release things when they're ready for public consumption. We knew when we decided to put screens on the outside of the PAX booth that those screens would be filmed - we even encouraged it. That's a world away from an event like this one.

Regardless of your understanding that things are 'subject to change' that doesn't change the public perception at large. That public perception has a scope way, way beyond these Forums. In other words I know you get it, but that doesn't help me when a zillion other people don't.

In case you're wondering, we take very aggressive action against leaks - but it's considerably easier to prevent leaks before they start (as we're doing here), rather than chase your tail after the event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepr View Post

Bioware talks how Europe is an important market to them, but they only give love to the UK & Germany. Also the game testing program is only for UK/US and it doesn't seem that is going to expand to other countries any time soon.

If you don't want or cant' do conventions in other countries at least give us an update/status of when or what plans do you have for EUROPE testing.

To be clear - although I outlined this in the original post - this event is a 'happy accident', as we have a press event scheduled for that day, so we're using the same space. That's why it's in the UK. There is no UK bias. Even with me being from the country.

We will have events in other parts of Europe, and Game Testing will roll out to other countries in due course. However I'm not going to give you even a loose timeframe on that, because it'll just lead to more speculation. It will happen, and when we're ready to share more details, we will do.

I will say that our EU plans are moving ahead at full speed, including hiring dedicated EU community staff.

Last but not least - as this thread is already veering off-topic, I ask you to keep further comments restricted to this event specifically. I want to leave the thread intact for those who get invites to talk about that.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Wow what a slip up on my part, i saw EU testing and march 31st and my mind connected the two

I saw this

Game Testing will roll out to other countries in due course.

and connected the 31st being the time for game testing and not the event. Sorry

(Note, i edited my original post as i hate misinformation so hopefully that "looks" right now)

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• well the event was today.  here is a link to thread where people can post there impressions

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292974

edit: i just wanted to point out a quote from one of the people that i thought was neat and didnt think they would do

Only got to level 4 but I absolutely loved the voice over. Even the random NPCs standing around which don't have much of a purpose are talking to each other and they have voice over too whilst they chat, continuously found my self stopping and listening to what they had to gossip about.

i think this could help make places feel more alive but thats just me.

also many people noticed you can start getting titles at lvl 10

edit:  another interesting bit  from a q&a that was held

Couple of interesting things I saw/heard.

I saw a workstation and opened it. You could socket items such as blasters with coloured crystals of some sorts, not sure what the effects were as I did not have any to socket.

There are no more planets to be revealed for launch. But there are space stations and asteroids as other places to visit.

Currently companions can go in to 4 man Flashpoints. BUT you can't have more than four players/companions in there at any one time. So you can have 3 players plus 1 companion but not 4 players + a companion.

Companions are not in Warzones currently but it was not said about else were.

NOTE: It was stressed that subject matter like companions is still under test across the board and nothing is set in stone.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by gaou

well the event was today.  here is a link to thread where people can post there impressions

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292974

edit: i just wanted to point out a quote from one of the people that i thought was neat and didnt think they would do

Only got to level 4 but I absolutely loved the voice over. Even the random NPCs standing around which don't have much of a purpose are talking to each other and they have voice over too whilst they chat, continuously found my self stopping and listening to what they had to gossip about.

i think this could help make places feel more alive but thats just me.

also many people noticed you can start getting titles at lvl 10

edit:  another interesting bit  from a q&a that was held

Couple of interesting things I saw/heard.

I saw a workstation and opened it. You could socket items such as blasters with coloured crystals of some sorts, not sure what the effects were as I did not have any to socket.

Interesting, sounds kotorish, will wait for more info on it.

There are no more planets to be revealed for launch. But there are space stations and asteroids as other places to visit.

Thats helpful actually, we can stop looking forward to more planets and just call it done.

Currently companions can go in to 4 man Flashpoints. BUT you can't have more than four players/companions in there at any one time. So you can have 3 players plus 1 companion but not 4 players + a companion.

So...kinda like GW.  Okay. Thanks.

Companions are not in Warzones currently but it was not said about else were.

NOTE: It was stressed that subject matter like companions is still under test across the board and nothing is set in stone.

Naturally i understand it's a work in progress, will be until we get into open beta no doubt.  Some interesting news there there.