Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend me a class/soul combo

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Out with the old (DCU), in with the new. And faithful to my creed to never not play any existing MMO... well you get the idea.

Anywhoo... given the lastest patch, what is for a dumbass as me the easiest to play class combo to solo and die not so much. Given the latest changes. (In beta my Ranger ENDLESSLY died in tons of adds. Loved the class but hated the death-rate. XD So go figure.)

And, what is the class/soul combo that is worst and to avoid at all cost?

Thanks in advance.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Any Cleric combo you would like, they can pretty much do anything and are not overly complicated.  Good for soloers

• DalanoDalano Member Posts: 116

Warriors are in flux at the moment, so I'd say cleric. Shaman mixed with druid and justicar probably, though Inq/warden is a possibility if you prefer ranged.

Bards work too, but not as well, and they're an aquired taste. Can't comment on mages personally, but I've seen a friend pull off some amazing things as necro/chloro.

Basically, you want some form of self-healing and/or a pet.  Souls without either can make for a tough levelling experience.

Playing: FFXIV, EVE

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

For PvE, pretty much any class is going to be fine for soloing. Clerics are a pretty good all around class and Warriors can always have a tank build, but Mages and Rogues are perfectly functional all the way to level 50. Don't discount the benefit of burning down the mobs before they can do much damage to you.

My mage was a lot of fun, at least through level 16. The Necromancer tree had some interesting stuff going on. I'm not sure about the other souls.

My cleric (main) is primarily a Justicar/Sentinel with some Shaman tacked on for the dps and bonus healing. Pretty decent for PvP and very handy as a quest/rift tank. I also have an Inquisitor/Purifier with some Cabalist for dps. The Purifier gives a good bit of survivability and healing and the Inquisitor gives a lot of single target damage. Can't take nearly as much damage as the Justicar build, but not exactly a glass cannon either.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

mage is pretty good as well.   Necro/lock for leeching and heals.   can do a chlor as the 3rd for more heals or and archon to do buffs/debuffs in fights.

• xcutionrxcutionr Member Posts: 63

Bard/Riftstalker/Ranger combo is a hard to kill. Put all the points you can into Bard soul. Put any extra points into Riftstalker, get the increased armor, reduced damage, increased healing on self and increased endurance when you can. Ranger is just for the pet. This class is very low dps but does a ton of healing, i'm constantly top 2 for it in the warfronts. He's a beast to take down when they are targeting him. He can solo very effectively with pet. I can usually handle any add problems and can solo elites at my level It's kinda a grind to take down the elites because of low dps output, but nice to be able to do it when needed. Can solo most rifts that I encounter and seems to be nice to group with in dungeons. BTW i would only do the riftstalker soul if you are having trouble dieing to much. I pvp alot so knew i would need it to help me stay alive.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by Elikal

Out with the old (DCU), in with the new. And faithful to my creed to never not play any existing MMO... well you get the idea.

Anywhoo... given the lastest patch, what is for a dumbass as me the easiest to play class combo to solo and die not so much. Given the latest changes. (In beta my Ranger ENDLESSLY died in tons of adds. Loved the class but hated the death-rate. XD So go figure.)

And, what is the class/soul combo that is worst and to avoid at all cost?

Thanks in advance.

hard to give you any advice.

By the time youll reach high lvl you will be nerfed again :p

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR