Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me?

mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

Is it just me or has LOTR been played out. I mean I don't see how this could be anywhere near a good game. The Ring was destroyed no need to make a never ending game to a story that has ended. I dunno maybe it is just me, but i think this is just a sad attempt at getting more money for the Tolkien empire. Let me know if i stand alone on this one.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

You have a valid point.

However, it may turn to be nice, yes most of the time it is not.  I have come to expect little when it have LotR on it.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• KingElessarKingElessar Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by mrputts

Is it just me or has LOTR been played out. I mean I don't see how this could be anywhere near a good game. The Ring was destroyed no need to make a never ending game to a story that has ended. I dunno maybe it is just me, but i think this is just a sad attempt at getting more money for the Tolkien empire. Let me know if i stand alone on this one.

That would be true if the game was after the War of the Ring, but it isn't. The timeframe at this point for LotRO (without expansions) is the same as 'The Fellowship of the Ring'.  And Sauron wasn't the only evil thing in Middle-earth. After the 'Ring' was distroyed Middle-earth was still a dangerous place, still count-less orcs and other evils.

It may be 'just' an attempt to get money, but I don't think so. Because Turbine have already bought the license for LotR's MMOs, so Tolkien Enterprises isn't the money getter. And the detail the DEV team are putting into LotRO is nothing less then amazing, why put unnecessary icing on the cake when it's just for money. Having said that isn't the main purpose of businesses to make money, so they do what all businesses do, figure out ways to make money. Some MMO companys are more about the money making then others, and I would consider Turbine one of those that are concerned with making money but no where close to the extent of SOE.

Though EAgames have created some real good games, they are a prime example of LotR being milked to death.

KingElessar