Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guildwars2 - help newcomer please

garrygarry Member Posts: 263

I have just become interested in Guildwars2 and have a few questions. There doesn't seem to be a GQ2 forum on the Game Homepage. I watched videos and read about the game contents and would like to know more.

1) Combat - does anyone know for sure if the combat is First Person shooter type or the more traditional third person view or if optional?

2) Is movement the standard (I hope) WASD/mouse control?

3) Does combat have that aim (reticule - arcade style)  for combat? Is there an auto-attack?

4) Is PvP optional - open world or separate (take place instanced or in the persistant world?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by garry

I have just become interested in Guildwars2 and have a few questions. There doesn't seem to be a GQ2 forum on the Game Homepage. I watched videos and read about the game contents and would like to know more.

1) Combat - does anyone know for sure if the combat is First Person shooter type or the more traditional third person view or if optional?

It is not first-person. It is simply like an FPS in that you need to be aware of what is around you and the lay of the land.

2) Is movement the standard (I hope) WASD/mouse control?

Yes, you can use WASD and probably mouse control as well.

3) Does combat have that aim (reticule - arcade style)  for combat? Is there an auto-attack?

There is no reticle.

There is no auto-attack, however when you are in combat you can right click any skill and set it to auto-cast and it will be cast every time the cooldown finishes.

4) Is PvP optional - open world or separate (take place instanced or in the persistant world?

PvP is optional. What we know so far is that there will be competetive 5v5 arena type matches and WvWvW which consist of 3 servers fighting each other in a week long battle on a very large map.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/forums/thread/287180/Everything-We-Know-about-GW2.html

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

• twstdstrangetwstdstrange Member Posts: 474

[cut]

Roman beat me to it by two seconds. :p

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

We do have a Guild Wars 2 forum. Use the alphabetical menus on the left hand side or the Quick  Game Jump on the upper right to find game forums on the site. But I'm going to move this thread into the GW2 forum now.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]