Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the game features ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

The game web site tells you nothing ? What's this game all about ?

Comments

• tuassudtuassud Member Posts: 22

Think World Of Warcraft meets Ancient Rome?

I think?

Not sure honestly, but it looks fun from the videos I've seen.

Don't know what to put here, honestly.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I have deduced that it is class based progression, where you pick a Roman God to further define your class. Combat doesn't involve much moving around so we're talking more of the chess type combat (classic MMO combat). That's it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

This is the little I know about this game:

You get minions starting at low levels. You can get a tank and healer minion rather early. They are humanoid, but basically pets. You "hire" them.

You choose a god and that differentiates some of the powers you can get.

There is a tank type, melee dps type, caster type, and healer type.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

G&H is a basic PvE quest style game wrapped in a Roman mythos cover.   Pvp may or maynot come later.

You start out as 1 of the standard classes as mentioned and pick one of the Roman Gods (each class has 2 choices) to help further your career.  Fairly early you do get to hire a 'pet' be it fighter or healer and then later on you can hire more (and more and more as you level up).

The biggest draw for the game is the Roman mythos - it's 'hook' if you will.  Graphics are very nice, you have both standard and special attacks and can direct your hireling both prior to and in combat (formation, stay, attack, support etc....) .  I'd assume as you get up in levels and can have more hirelings on the field with you, you could have some fairly sweet fights.

If you go to their official website as linked here on MMORPG you'll see up in the right hand corner 'FOLLOW US' and then has tweet, facebook etc... choices.  The first one that looks like a gold circle is a Roman Coin and will take you to their community site where you can get more information.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• DaniciaDanicia Member UncommonPosts: 38

Thanks for your interested in Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising. We are working to get more content on the website which will answer so many of the questions you may have. You can watch our social networks to see when we have Live Dev Chats and other special events/announcements.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/godsandheroes

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/godsheroesromerising

Ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/user/GodsandHeroes

Cheers,

Danicia

• lonehunterlonehunter Member Posts: 2

To the Gods and Heroes Developers,

You guys are entering into a genre that's flood with the same old crap over and over again. You can tell by the unenthusiastic response to your game from the player base here.

Unless you distinguish yourself from the pack, you are destined to fail. In order to survive in this market, you have to offer something that is UNIQUE. As of now your game looks like just any other fantasy WOW, EQ2 clone out there.

How do you stand out from the crow, offering a UNIQUE experience for the players. Here's some suggestions,  full PVP (like Darkfall), full freedom sandbox game (like Eve Online), adult oriented (like Mortal Online)...anything that's UNIQUE!

Think about it...

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

It's a bit old school and you get squads to do battle with. You get to use more troops as you level up.

Originally posted by lonehunter
    How do you stand out from the crow, offering a UNIQUE experience for the players. Here's some suggestions,  full PVP (like Darkfall), full freedom sandbox game (like Eve Online), adult oriented (like Mortal Online)...anything that's UNIQUE!
    Think about it...

So don't copy wow... copy other games?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

It is a typical fantasy style MMO with using the lore of ancient greece/rome.  You are an immortal hero choosen of the gods.  Think something like Jason of the argonauts.  So you have a god that you work with that gives you god powers, basically additional abilities.  You have a private camp in the realm of the gods with a variety of helpers.  You gain minions as you play.  This is one of the main differenciators.  There are a variety of types of minions and various levels of minions that affect what skills and powers they have.  So collecting minions by buying their contracts, questing, exporing, etc.   As you level you can have upto 4 minions fight with you at once.

The other unique thing about the game are the combat moves.  Back before it shut down there were some great videos of these.  Basically unlike other games when you do a special move on an enemy the moves interact with the enemies.  So you do a killing blow and you might chop the head off your enemy.  Or you do a grapping move you might grab the enemy and throw them down onto the ground.

There was no crafting in the game back in the day but I think they are planning to add crafting although there isn't any info on that.

---
    Ethion

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

You guys are entering into a genre that's flood with the same old crap over and over again. You can tell by the unenthusiastic response to your game from the player base here.

Unless you distinguish yourself from the pack, you are destined to fail. In order to survive in this market, you have to offer something that is UNIQUE. As of now your game looks like just any other fantasy WOW, EQ2 clone out there.

Think about it...

I dunno, I kinda like ancient Roman/Greek mythology, and I am interested in Gods & Heroes.  I'm pretty sure others will be, too.  The games you mentioned are actually more niche type mmos that appeal to less players than the standard type mmo. I can't disagree that innovation and being unique is mostly good, but following a standard isn't always bad, either.   I can't say how the game is coming along due to NDA, but I will say that I am excited and anxious for the game's release, and will be among those who play it.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

Originally posted by Scambug

Think about it...

You haven't really used your brain before posting here have you?

Name one other MMO set in ancient Rome. That's right, there isn't any. That is their "unique" feature.

Caesary

Rise of Empire

Roma Victor

Gladiatus

Fall of Rome

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

I hope!

- The AI is well created

-Balanced Solo play and Group play

-In-depth missions/quests

- ability to 'grind'

-good end-game quality

I'm a big fan of greek mythology and hope the game turns out well. I will try it out for sure.

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by yorkforce

Caesary - not an mmorpg

Rise of Empire - not an mmorpg

Roma Victor - disfunct and not really an mmorpg, more a roman life simulator

Gladiatus - not really a 3d mmorpg

Fall of Rome - RTS

G&H is a real mmorpg similar to GW2 (minions / heroes) crossed with any other typical EQ-esque (Wow for you younger folks) pve game.  It is still very much in beta, and has nothing major that stands out other than:  1.  The roman theme is actually pretty nice and the asthetics pleasing for an old engine.  2.  The combat animations are pretty good, some downright amazing.

Examples:  When attacked by a crocodile, it grabs your leg and rolls you in the water (your character actually rolls with the croc).  When attacked by a centaur, if they knock you down, they spear you in the chest and raise your body in the air throwing you back down.  Snakes coil and bite you and sometimes even wrap themselves around your legs.

That said, the game still needs a ton of work, but it might actually fit a niche.  In the end, it currently is not overly "fun," but that might be because I am actually in the beta testing, and it isn't just a free trial.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Beside these graphical features and Rome/Fantasy setting the game seems to be your run of the mill themepark quest based game. Am I right?

Or is there something, game feature wise, that is special about this game?

As for the GFX, I only saw some low level vids and the animations did not look all that good.

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

Minions are the best part for me. you can have upto 4 of them out fighting along with you, theres many to collect , atm all of them are human and have different roles like heal,tank,mage etc. They have said there will be mythical minions when its released. crafting,pvp, political system will be added soon too.

Also Special moves like finisher move animation like Big ogres will hold you up and twist then throw you down or a snake wraps around you and makes you roll on the ground its pretty cool feature  although they are broken atm but will be great once fixed.

Still lots of stuff is required , i think after 1 year the game will be complete at its current pace but its really nice game, so many bugs and other simple features missing from other general mmo.unfortunately , very slow updates from the devs so i had to move along.

last time i checked they have lifted the NDA so i think its ok for me to post all this.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Wont this minion thing just make it so people dont group?

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by Yamota

Wont this minion thing just make it so people dont group?

Well, where do people group in WoW or EQ or other games?  Where there is content which you cannot solo.  In the case of minions, the content is scaled for a player of that level with appropriate minions for that level.  Group content is scaled for grouped players with appropriate minions.  For example, an NPC labelled as "3 person" is scaled for 3 players plus their minions and in some dungeons it's expected that you have some of the higher tier minions.  There are dungeons currently which have 3, 4, and 5 player NPC monsters that I have seen and they are literally impossible for a single PC + 2-4 minions.  The level cap is going to be 30 at release and there are currently level 40's (for testing) with all the highest minions attempting and failing this content unless they have multiple PCs helping.

So the reality is that group content will remain group content, but average grinding content will be similar to any other mmorpg out there in that it can be soloed at a slow pace or blasted through with a competent group.