Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a review from a 3.5 year lifetime sub player

2»

Comments

• cappytoicappytoi Member UncommonPosts: 41

Originally posted by Thillian

Actually you don't understand game companies. If you actually enjoyed lotro at the beginning, wanted it to have steady flow of content and planned to stick with it for years, AND had a functional brain, you would never buy a lifetime. Company has to have periodic and regular income from their subscribers if they are expected to pay its development team and add new content.

Free to play, forum moderation, is just a consequence of too many lifetimers. Forum moderation is equal to the amount of new players the game needs. Lifetimers are no longer paying customers basically, they add no real income (apart from the occasional fluff from the shop), THEIR CRITICISM is totally irrelevant. The game has to rely on steady flow of new players -- hence they're maintaining clean and positive forums. You can only blame yourself.

I strongly agree with this post. You can easily see how cash flow changed the game, they are adding a major content update in 6 months after f2p convertion. I still buy some points from time to time and just spend them on some useless things just to support game even though I am a lifetimer. Destiny points are also very satisfying at the moment with the new additional options.

In addition, I also don't completely agree with they are not listening players. Many people were frustrated with the legendary system since it was too random. Now they are changing it. It took ages, mostly because what above quote says.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Quote:

I strongly agree with this post. You can easily see how cash flow changed the game, they are adding a major content update in 6 months after f2p convertion. I still buy some points from time to time and just spend them on some useless things just to support game even though I am a lifetimer. Destiny points are also very satisfying at the moment with the new additional options.

We need more of these guys at lotro!! :D

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Thanks for the replies. When I first posted this I was pretty annoyed (how dare them moderate me for being critical of their game) but I got over it. I know they say it's for other reasons but they say lots of things when I message them but deep down the thing I remember most about the orginal post that vanished was that I was making fun of Turbine's mods so they jumped on me and on any posts I made after that. I doubt they have any plans to un-mod me as I'm not worth their time as they are way too busy making money. I do hope others that have been modded someday to share their experiences but I'm not expecting anything to come from this as it was mostly my way of trying to fight back beings I was an all important lifetime subber (2 of them in fact) so I got what I deserved. I still play (mostly pvp) and can go back whenever I want with no concern for subs as that 199 bucks was long ago made back in not paying anymore. Sure, I still have to pay as Turbine continues to find ways to get your money and maybe drive the lifetimers away (just a suspicion some of us have). More power to them! They supply the carrots and we chase them like hungry carp. That's life.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by hardicon

lets face it there is no such thing as freedom of speech anymore in america.  its only free if most people agree so just do what i do say what your gonna say and if you get a infraction for it send a reply to whoever gave it to you that basically you dont care.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't cover you going to a private forum and saying whatever you want to say.

I might have seen the op's post about rollbacks but I also wonder, if the thread is really gone, how the thread progressed. I saw it there for a bit so perhaps the discussion went awry and that's why they removed it.

So you have freedom of speech but not in private forums?

Hm, does not sound like much freedom in speech if you ask me. Why are private corps forums exempt from freedom of speech?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by hardicon

lets face it there is no such thing as freedom of speech anymore in america.  its only free if most people agree so just do what i do say what your gonna say and if you get a infraction for it send a reply to whoever gave it to you that basically you dont care.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't cover you going to a private forum and saying whatever you want to say.

I might have seen the op's post about rollbacks but I also wonder, if the thread is really gone, how the thread progressed. I saw it there for a bit so perhaps the discussion went awry and that's why they removed it.

So you have freedom of speech but not in private forums?

Hm, does not sound like much freedom in speech if you ask me. Why are private corps forums exempt from freedom of speech?

Freedom of Speech doens't cover you coming to a private forum, saying whatever you want and they have to leave it there and essentially "take it".

Freedom of Speech means you can say whatever you want and not get arrested for your views. I can walk down the street and say how I dislke the government, a company or a celebrity and it's my right to say it.

I can criticize in a public forum and as long as I respect that forum's rules then my criticism can stand.

Going to a private company's forums, forums that are used for many things other than places for players to rant, and being disrespectufl, not following the forum's rules, attacking people or "whatever else" you might think up won't get you arrested (though if you threaten someone's life and make it seem like you are serious and capable of carrying out the threat then you might get the law to find you) but it doesn't mean the company has to keep your criticism.

Here's the thing, I've been on several forums over the years and to be honest, I have seen some really bad criticism posts. It's as if the posters are just allowing their "nerd rage/ID/Ego" to do all the talking. Crying, whining, demanding, all sorts of bad posts.

You want your voice to be heard? Do it in a way that's respectiful and follows the forum's rules. Like it or not this world has rules. If we didn't then we'd have quite a few problems. This is not to say that people don't try to break or get around the rules or that some rules might even need changing. But if you are a guest on a forum or are making a statement and want to be taken seriously then you have to present your statements in a respectful and constructive matter.

If you go to your workplace and say how your boss is an idiot and that managment needs to all be fired because they are morons then "freedom of speech" will not get you arrested and you very much might be right in your assessment.

But I bet dollars to donuts that you will get fired. Surely you know this? Are you going to say to your Boss "no, you can't fire me, I have freedom of speech!"

All of this seems like common sense but perhaps there are some people who have yet to realize that what you say can have consequences.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo