Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

elementalist/necromancer?

marc91marc91 Member Posts: 4

i am buing guild wars in a few days and i wanna kno which is better

elementalist/necromancer   or    necromancer/elementalist

i love the necros armor but i like the elementalists spells

Comments

• RekeriRekeri Member Posts: 55

E/N because Elementalist primaries get Energy Storage.

• neoshamanneoshaman Member Posts: 17

Well, it depends more on your style of play, do you want to be the nuker type of character or a debuffer character? If you like debeffing and exploting corpses, than a N/E is good, or if you want be more of a nuker specializing in a certain element, than a E/N would be good for you.

• _myko_myko Member Posts: 333

The necro special skill is getting energy every time an enemy dies, so is more useful in PvE than PvP. I'd go for a E/N personally.

---sig---

PvE in general is pretty lame, if you think long and hard about it. You are spending your time beating a severely gimped AI that would lose to a well trained monkey. Best not to think too long and hard why you are wasting time playing games in general actually...

• ThePhoenixThePhoenix Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 116

I have played an e/n since the first public bwe, every one in between, and in game I am currently a level 18 e/n. I love it. And I usually have more necro skills loaded than elem. Mainly because I don't use fire like everyone else and their kid brother does. I use air magic mostly. But even when I did use fire, or sometimes I will respec over to fire for the cool AOE spells, I usually have 3 elem skills 4 necros and a res or cap signet. I am hooked on the blood magic spells, I love life leech which steals life from the target over time, a DoT, and well of blood which makes a circle of 'life' around the corpse nearest me, and as long as me or my team stand in the circle, you get much faster health regeneration. Death magic is fun too, you get to raise corpses as your minions, and the well of power is cool, but I chose to concentrate on air magic, blood magic, and keeping the energy storage up high enough to keep casting those wickedly fun spells. So I generally run with 1 or 2 air nuke spells, plus the glyph of energy which reduces the energy cost of the big nuke spells, oh yeah, the aura of restoration is a must, that gives you back health every time you cast. Many options, no one build is more right than the other, just depends on what ya want to do, and you can respec your character pretty often, plus build 3 others to test and try things on.