Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitting level 30 and falling into an abyss of boredom...

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok, I can say I officially enjoyed the ride to level 30, and wish there was more of it. Story+action quests. But, there isn't. It's kinda like dropping from a high building. The leveling was fun. Really, to my surprise when I was more skeptical. But now, after a few days being lv 30, I feel like totally empty. I made a few duos and special level 30 missions, but it's all recycled stuff from the start made more difficult. And lacking the leveling = new powers and new areas, plus lacking new storylines, my interest has almost dropped to zero. Nothing in that endgame is even REMOTELY interesting. *shrug*

I honestly can't fathom how, after years of development from a big, experienced studio like SOE, THIS was all. I am not exaggeration when I say, IMVPO even 1 year of small new content updates won't be enough content. I tried to play other chars, but no matter what mentor 90% of the content is exactly the same again. I mean, ok I knew from reading it. But experiencing it is even more flabberghasting.

A loss. :I

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• skozaxskozax Member Posts: 28

same here...totally agree

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Agreed.  A huge letdown.  What I wonder is will DC sue SOE for lackluster results, etc.?

edit:  I still don't understand why Smedley still has his job.  He is the most inefficient person in professional gaming right now.  It's almost criminal he has a job considering the economy ATM.

edit(2):  I bet SOE investors are just buying his koolaid. And dreading if one of them pops over to these forums.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by grimal

Agreed.  A huge letdown.  What I wonder is will DC sue SOE for lackluster results, etc.?

edit:  I still don't understand why Smedley still has his job.  He is the most inefficient person in professional gaming right now.  It's almost criminal he has a job considering the economy ATM.

edit(2):  I bet SOE investors are just buying his koolaid. And dreading if one of them pops over to these forums.

Shh don't tell, Smed is really Booster Gold.

"People always say, being around me makes them feel smart" XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SpytedSpyted Member Posts: 108

imo The game is progressive but it only goes so far...I think the idea of a quick levelling process and then an iterative improvement via feats and gear is a good one, get people into the main game and able to interact reasonably from an early point...in effect opens the whole game up to the player and generates play very much in line with the theme. The problem is that the post 30 stuff, where you spend most of your time with this model, is actually the less progressive and more repetitive stuff of generic, traditional, mmo's wheras the more diverse and thematically rewarding stuff is on the levelling path - when you rarely take a breath to appreciate it.

If they turned this on its head, you would endure the more repetitive side of the game as you were getting the most personal reward of levelling, you'r incentinve is thus boosted by what is happening. But reach the max and then unleash the story arcs and contentious mission stuff, all gated at level 30 and all giving you the interaction and sense of immersion that enables the feates and explorations and investigations to be most involving.

There is a rich and beautiful realisation of the DCUniverse that is largely wasted on those levelling and once you hit the cap, you are actively kept away from the promised land.

I don't find it as boring as you guys make out, in fact I love the world because I so enjoy the ip and mythos...but it does strike me that restructuring the path currently used for levelling as challenging level 30 content and making the gameworld more for the maxed players makes the most of the IP, while offering the scaled instances and smaller scale alert maps for those earning their stripes and getting to grips with their powers makes absolute sense. 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

You can't possibly be talking about 8/10 DCUO which has the bestest gameplay evah?!

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I agree.  I thought that they'd scale the levelling a bit better.  Then I thought that they had some cards up their sleeves that they were holding back for the purpose of monthly content releases.  Now even that content seems to be slow in coming.  I dunno, great IP.. not sure that it'll last though.  

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

You can't possibly be talking about 8/10 DCUO which has the bestest gameplay evah?!

I am and it does, for an mmo at least imo. The problems I have with DCUO are miniscule against the problems I have with WoW or its seemingly endless number of clones that offer minimal variety but exploit player ego and greed to feed what is obviously a rather blatant addiction.

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Hey Elikal I've been noticing your posts here and there and at 99% they're negative and pessimistic.

You made several threads about DCUO how bad it is/empty/SOE sux.

Or how Dragon Age 2 is a dissapointment, or the community is in decline 

Or how SWTOR is not gonna be good and boring...

I think I even saw one where you complained about Rift...

You're entitled to your opinion ofcourse but maybe it's time to move on to something else if you can't find enjoyment in games (or just RPGs online or not?)

when you can't find anything positive maybe it's time to take a break :)

otherwise you're just harshing everyone elses mellow I think:D

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by zspawn

Hey Elikal I've been noticing your posts here and there and at 99% they're negative and pessimistic.

You made several threads about DCUO how bad it is/empty/SOE sux.

Or how Dragon Age 2 is a dissapointment, or the community is in decline 

Or how SWTOR is not gonna be good and boring...

I think I even saw one where you complained about Rift...

You're entitled to your opinion ofcourse but maybe it's time to move on to something else if you can't find enjoyment in games (or just RPGs online or not?)

when you can't find anything positive maybe it's time to take a break :)

otherwise you're just harshing everyone elses mellow I think:D

I am a skeptical person, and on top: when I am aggravated I need to vent. The good things... I have for myself alone. ^^

I never have critizised a game which did not deserve it. And prolly which did not NEED it. Gaming is an important hobby for me, so of course I want them to improve over the often bad state they are. Things which are good need to comment. They are good, end of story. What is bad is what needs to be discussed, so hopefully someday it gets better.

So I find lots of posivite things, but I dont see any reason to discuss them.

Originally posted by Elikal

I never have critizised a game which did not deserve it. And prolly which did not NEED it.

Wow....I mean just wow!