Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best RPG Game of 2010

13»

Comments

• bob_Rbob_R Member Posts: 6

For me the best game for 2010  is Fallout vegas. I love the western style game the only drawbacks are there are so many glitches on this game, i always get stuck on the rock when killing monsters.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Scorchien

But you are not , they give you there choices and force you to make one to progress there Story .. Not "Yours" , much like DA another erhmmm RPG ...

Sorry, but the whole "your story" idea is hilarious. You're still playing their game in as good as all the RPG's around and the story/stories the devs have implemented in them with the content.

When your Role is defined so linear ,with no way off the path accept the 3 they have defined for you ,it is no longer an "Role" playing game.... Char drvrlopment in ME2 was meager at best , and is best described as an Action/Story much like DA

"Action RPG" I believe is the term you were looking for.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• Brian04Brian04 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Achillez

Mass Effect 2. Hands down.

Agreed! Mass Effect 2 is the best for 2010 then my second is Fallout 3 NV altough if Diablo 3 is realease its gonna topple it all.

• bloodbath08bloodbath08 Member Posts: 11

In 2010 i only liked three role playing games, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2. I choose Mass effect 2 for its depth story line and core gameplay.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Who ever claims Mass Effect 2 is the best RPG of 2010 is not trully a RPG player or does not understand what it means.

ME2 is watered down , simplified, striped down RPG hybrid for console generation.

It does not even have inventory for crying out loud!!

Some RPG ... lol

Best RPG of 2010 ?

I would say Dragon Age and Risen. But they were released end 2009.

So this would go to :

Fallout New Vegas

This and its sad you had to make this reply, this also means why whole rpg and mmo genre is going down the drain.

These days most realy dont know and undertsand what a true rpg or mmo should be or stand for.

Simplification watered down made for consoles genration bah:(

Mass effect2 is terible game and it also effected DA2 also terible game with limited rpg elements and more focussed on action based console generation bah again:(

Its mind boggeling how these days many have slightest understanding of what a real RPG is, thats sad:(

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

Mass Effect 2, never have I played something so polished enjoyable and immersive game before.

The light effects are spot on, the characters are great, the story is great, the soundtracks is brilliant.

I know it's not a pure RPG but it's a perfect blend of TPS and RPG.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Evasia

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Who ever claims Mass Effect 2 is the best RPG of 2010 is not trully a RPG player or does not understand what it means.

ME2 is watered down , simplified, striped down RPG hybrid for console generation.

It does not even have inventory for crying out loud!!

Some RPG ... lol

Best RPG of 2010 ?

I would say Dragon Age and Risen. But they were released end 2009.

So this would go to :

Fallout New Vegas

This and its sad you had to make this reply, this also means why whole rpg and mmo genre is going down the drain.

These days most realy dont know and undertsand what a true rpg or mmo should be or stand for.

Simplification watered down made for consoles genration bah:(

Mass effect2 is terible game and it also effected DA2 also terible game with limited rpg elements and more focussed on action based console generation bah again:(

Its mind boggeling how these days many have slightest understanding of what a real RPG is, thats sad:(

Wow, i never realized RPG was all about 'managing your inventory'! /sarcasm

ME2 no doubt. Awesome game with tons of moments where you just go 'what the heck was that! give me more of this!'

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• them4trixthem4trix Member UncommonPosts: 19

true that ;)

• FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

prince of persia

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

It seems action games have become rpgs?

Well 2010 saw the regression of rpg-gameplay.
    I can not remeber a single game this year worth mentioning...
    (MMOs i dont count they be a different category)

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

"Best" is very subjective. Varies from person to person.

DA:O was released on november 09 (i think) but close enough to include for 2010. I would say that's the best, because of variable path to complete quests, almost  sandbox enviroment, deep story and minibosses (lol).

ME2 was good, polished and pretty, female shepard butt is nice to look at lol. Wouldnt say it's the best because of simplified gameplay (to accomodate consoles).

But if you must include Action RPG in to the mix, I would say Red Dead Redemption is the best a part from the bugs. Open world sandbox western setting. Very nice.

• SmigaczSmigacz Member Posts: 1
    SOLD TO ARMY--- best game for me so far----btw ,

Wow , didn't know that forum exist :) will be everyday here from now on:) hello all.

Ok to the topic
    I was playing TC for many years and it was my game but is already like 6-7 year old so new players have no way to catch up with old players in stats , on top of that inflation destroyed that game .
    I started looking for new game since I have a lot of free time . I checked 100's of them and I have to admit there is a lot of good games but
    So far best of the best for me is SOLD TO ARMY . Started 3 months ago and since then I m in there several times a day :)
    Games is awesome , owner answering all questions ( not like in other games ) and updates are almost every week .
    In game you are mercenary of US Army under your nationality . You joining academ , creating a platoon and inviting friends to it .
    Owner promised to give ability to attack countries of the world and ability to build your own army .So I gues is gonna be fun.
    That updae should be in two weeks , hope he will keep his promise , so far game is the best I ever played.
    So yes thats the best game I ever played.
  • alcafun11alcafun11 Member Posts: 6

Mass Effect 2 is more of an RPG than half the other ones out there, yes it's real time, but combat has nothing to do with what an rpg is. The turn based system in DnD is intended to mimic what it would be like real time, without everyone having to talk at once. Lest we forget all actions in a round *technically* take place in the same 6 second period.

Moving on an RPG simply means you're playing a role, you have to be able to make decisions, and they have to affect how things play out. In this Mass Effect has all the bases covered. Including things from ME1 actually carrying over which is a widely underused thing.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Mass Effect 2 gets my vote

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Mass Effect 2, no doubt about it.

Although I don't know what category Red Dead Redemption fits in - it;s not a traditional shooter, RPG or adventure game -  but it deservers a recommendation too.

I totally agree with Red Dead, it's a Masterpiece.

If they would ever release it for the PC, i would purchase it again in a heartbeat.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• jdclad44jdclad44 Member Posts: 5

These are my top 10 MMORPG Games for 2010/2011:

10. Dungeons and Dragons Online Unlimited

9. Lord of the Rings Online

8. Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes

7. Everquest 2

6. Dragon Nest

5. Blade & Soul

4. Kingdom Under Fire 2

3. Continent of Ninth

2. Tera

1. Worls of Warcraft

I like these game and i know that you too like these game hahaha!

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    Originally posted by jdclad44

These are my top 10 MMORPG Games for 2010/2011:

10. Dungeons and Dragons Online Unlimited

9. Lord of the Rings Online

8. Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes

7. Everquest 2

6. Dragon Nest

5. Blade & Soul

4. Kingdom Under Fire 2

3. Continent of Ninth

2. Tera

1. Worls of Warcraft
    I like these game and i know that you too like these game hahaha!

don't agree with this list. a few of your picks are reasonable, a few are unreasonable, and the rest don't belong on the top 10 list. When you say top 10, are you saying profitability-wise or good game play/fun?

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• johanan12johanan12 Member Posts: 49

Its RAGNAROK 2 "Legend of the Second" Cant wait for the game hoping for an english version> I Also have these games in mind = World of Warcraft, Aion, Guild Wars and  Granado Espada.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Can't say any particular game stood out that year. FO: New Vegas or ME2 probably, but it wasn't a great RPG year.

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by yaminsux

"Best" is very subjective. Varies from person to person.

DA:O was released on november 09 (i think) but close enough to include for 2010. I would say that's the best, because of variable path to complete quests, almost  sandbox enviroment, deep story and minibosses (lol).

ME2 was good, polished and pretty, female shepard butt is nice to look at lol. Wouldnt say it's the best because of simplified gameplay (to accomodate consoles).

But if you must include Action RPG in to the mix, I would say Red Dead Redemption is the best a part from the bugs. Open world sandbox western setting. Very nice.

DA:O - Sandbox gameplay? LOL WTF are you serious? Don't even mention the word sandbox when it comes to bioware.

• johanan12johanan12 Member Posts: 49

According to my research this game are the top 10 mmorpg's of 2010

1. Allods

2. Mabonogi heroes

3. AIka

4. Parabellum

5. Wonderking

6. Dancegroove

7. Prius Online

8. Kung Foo!

9. Mytheon

10. Priston Tale 2