Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW up a tenth

Interesting (okay maybe not so much) that WoW went up to 8.1 rating. I wonder why the jump?

Comments

• Co2oCo2o Member Posts: 40

Some people are pissed to see that Guild Wars's rank is higher than World of Warcraft. That's all.

• carebearcarebear Member Posts: 188
    They probably posted something in the WoW forums and some people came over, registered, posted, and voted. Happens all the time...

Carebear
    *WoW = Level 60 Priest*
    *EQ2 = Level 25 Druid*

• malo7000malo7000 Member Posts: 126

Well after GW came out wow fell like a whole point in one day, and gw went up like 2 points in one day. Now GW is slowly falling, and WoW is slowly going back up. I guess more people are realizing theres more to a game than not paying monthly.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

It's up to 8.1 now? Hot damn...I guess I should go play it. I mean, at 8.0 it must be crap but at 8.1 it must be priceless!

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

The reason wow went up a tenth is that it was at 8.6 the day guild wars came out.  One day olater it was at 7.6 and guild wars at 9.2.  All the guild wars fanboys and maybe people paid by the devs dropped wow a whole point and artifically raised guild wars.

If it was a marketing stunt by the guild war  devs it was well done.

Wow will slowly gain its 8.6 rating as guild war sinks towards oblivion. 

Edit:  maolo I just noticed you said exactly the same thing in aprevious post.  Well said.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

You have been recording the rankings? Who cares?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SONOFAGUNNSONOFAGUNN Member Posts: 414

SELL AT 8.5 !!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Witty saying to amuse you goes here.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by SONOFAGUNN

SELL AT 8.5 !!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

""Wow will slowly gain its 8.6 rating as guild war sinks towards oblivion""

Keep dreaming GW is 2-3x the game WoW is, pvp and otherwise. I seriously wish i could have the 2 weeks i wasted testing wow out back for something worthwhile ^_^

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I do not play WoW but maybe many people in this community are playing it now and like it? Why does everyone have to be so suspcious just because .1 up?

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by Zippy
    The reason wow went up a tenth is that it was at 8.6 the day guild wars came out. One day olater it was at 7.6 and guild wars at 9.2. All the guild wars fanboys and maybe people paid by the devs dropped wow a whole point and artifically raised guild wars.
    If it was a marketing stunt by the guild war devs it was well done.
    Wow will slowly gain its 8.6 rating as guild war sinks towards oblivion.
    Edit: maolo I just noticed you said exactly the same thing in aprevious post. Well said.

Or you could find out how the ratings work at this site, and then realise how dumb your post was.

• KHAAAN!KHAAAN! Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by ianubisi
    It's up to 8.1 now? Hot damn...I guess I should go play it. I mean, at 8.0 it must be crap but at 8.1 it must be priceless!

bffffzzzttt LOOOOL that was really funny and so up to the point :) cudos on that ::::39::

But really GW hit like a bomb and IS a great game. The point is that games like these (with very flashy gameplay and graphics) tend to be rated abit above their longtime and real worth in the initial days/weeks/months.
    It might well be that GW's rating drops to a more reasonable 8 and settles just behind or just in front of WoW. The simple reason for it is that both games are great and loved by many many people and hated by very few (some don't like them but they don't give it a bad rating necessarily)

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by hercules

Originally posted by SONOFAGUNN

SELL AT 8.5 !!

Good to see some of us old enough to see the stock market reference. image
  • kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by Kiamde

You have been recording the rankings? Who cares?

Recording the rankings?