Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye Guys, IGE Costs you yet another member!

2»

Comments

• RelentRelent Member Posts: 66

MarkWalt - "You might have a better time getting converts if you take the intellectual high road..."

Heh, you really are new here. Sorry to make fun, but intellectual debate on these forums starves. "I LIK CHEESE" tends to go over much better.

I'm not fishing for converts anyway. People develop their general views toward fair play during their upbringing, and their impression of the effects of cheating in MMOGs over the course of playing them. Nothing I write is going to change anyones stance.

The point is simply to offer some support to the honest gamers that voice the occasional complaint here. Remind them that the posts belittling their opinions aren't coming from mainstream gamers, but from the constituency of a profit-farmer friendly site.

And it wouldn't be a bandwagon that needed more converts. The subject of farmers/ebayers is already fairly polarized. I'll refer again to mmorpg.coms own poll: What is your stance on the sale of game items for real money? in http://www.mmorpg.com/features.cfm/view/polls

All it needs is less apathy.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Some of you new people need to start reading all the post in a topic, becuase it has been resolved long ago, so there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to understand.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MarkWaltMarkWalt Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Some of you new people need to start reading all the post in a topic, becuase it has been resolved long ago, so there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to understand.

My point really has little to do with the actual issue being raised in this thread. My point has more to do with the way the issue is being raised.

Protests can be a lot of fun, and it can feel good to "fight teh powah", especially if we can get our friends to jump on the bandwagon, which in turn gives us a momentary feeling of self-importance... but in the end, all it really amounts to is intellectual masturbation.

• RelentRelent Member Posts: 66

That may be a description of your reasons to debate Mark. After 5 posts cluttering a topic about which you profess not to care, it sounds about right. (assuming of course that you're not a red herring) But some of us post because we actually care about the subject.

I think that cheats have a pretty serious negative effect on MMOGs. Between a future where they continue to have the free ride feeding on the rest of us, and a future where some combination of game design, laws, and consumer activism actually gets them out of our games, I'm hoping for the latter.

But if honest gamers just 'shut up and take it' it won't happen. So I try to do my part.

And you don't have to worry Riki, noone here misunderstands your motivation.

• MarkWaltMarkWalt Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Relent
    That may be a description of your reasons to debate Mark. After 5 posts cluttering a topic about which you profess not to care, it sounds about right.[/quote]

Actually, I do care. You've been skimming a bit it seems. Or maybe you're missing my point intentionally, I don't know. I highly recommend going back and reading what I posted.

(assuming of course that you're not a red herring) But some of us post because we actually care about the subject.

White Male, actually. Not a Red Herring. And, I know you care about the subject, but to repeat myself... you shouldn't take it out on MMORPG.COM, or anyone else's forums. Start your own forum. Fighting teh POWAH here is useless and silly.

Can you not see how rude it is to go onto someone's site and post diatribes about who they retain as advertisers? Maybe you think your cause is so important that manners don't matter? Maybe you think that saying the same thing over and over again here will help you somehow?

Well, okay then, Don Quixote. I guess it's easier to tilt at windmills then to actually do something that will help your cause. Have fun, I guess.

I think that cheats have a pretty serious negative effect on MMOGs. Between a future where they continue to BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Okay okay okay OKAY. Sheesh. Now go do something about it already, but stop whining.

Everybody loves a good cause. But chanting "Four legs good! Two legs baaaaaaad!" isn't going to help you.

And, as I mentioned in one of my four or five posts that are cluttering up this thread (that you didn't read) I'll even help.

Cheers :)

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Originally posted by ParaTrooper
    There have been two polls that I remember, one was directly related to another website but one towards IGE. I can't remember exactly but I think the majority of people didn't care. Either way I'll try and find it.

Why do you need a poll if you know that games say its allegal to sell items and gold for real $$?::::12::

Originally posted by Datcyde
    Originally posted by ParaTrooper
    There have been two polls that I remember, one was directly related to another website but one towards IGE. I can't remember exactly but I think the majority of people didn't care. Either way I'll try and find it.

Why do you need a poll if you know that games say its allegal to sell items and gold for real $$?::::12::

Does this mean i can try to sell my LineageII alt account for realy $$ on this site? sin ce what your doing is wrong also =P.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

IGE doesnt ruin games. Never once have i played a game and thought "If it wasnt for that damn IGE this game would be so much better!"

What ruins games is a bad community, shoddy developers and bad game mechanics.. EQ has lived for almost 7 years now with IGE farming plat, items and accounts. They havent ruined that game although SOE really tries. Any argument that you can make about IGE can be quickly shot down just by pointing to EQ. Your paranoia concerning what others may be gaining through illegal means is tiring. For every 1 person that cheats using IGE theres 10 that cheat using macro's for their own personal benefit.

I made it to level 70, 1000+ aa's fully flagged and fully geared 10k+ mana and never once did i use IGE to further my game advancement. If IGE ruins games it certainly didnt ruin mine. Quit whining and play the game to its fullest potential.

PS: Banner ads are easily blocked. I never see ads on this site. So in fact the whiners against IGE have done more advertising than the banner ad since i'm pretty sure 90% of the people that visit this site dont even see banners. Keep up the good work!

My main gripe with mmorpg.com is the rampant fanboism that plagues every serious post made.

If ige can do it anyone can i should just get a bunch of accounts and have people in china farm for me and sell it on ebay and later ill make my own site like IGE and selll gold to people but i wouldnt because its so unethical and it has no sense of acomplishment to me .

IGE has realy ruined a big part of LineageII some people farm for like a month straight for gear that they want then they see their clan mate just turn lvll 52 and they already have all the best armor and weapon and jewls its realy crappy and i see alot of people calling others ebayers ive been called a ebayer alot of times just because i had an over enchanted bow and gear.

Even if you play a dwarf half the time they will think your a chiniese farmer just because dwarfs are mainly used for making money. the weird thing is that real players not farmers get banned alot for boting but farmers dotn realy get banned they even let farmers make their own clans and have their own clan and alliance tags is pathetic there is no doubt in my mind that NCSOFT has something to do with this.Most of the PvP that goes on in LineageII is against farmers and not real players and it realy brings whatever fantasy this game has alot lower.

This also will breede more farmers in games think about it especialy younger kids selling Gold for real $$ since they cant work yet and are lazy or what ever .Also its a fact that IGE has people working for them and also doing it themself in the dwarf mines i met someone that knows the guy who sets it up by his real name and they all use bots. One thing though in lineageII when I realy think about those chiniese farmers i feel bad for them because their country is so messed up and i probably would be farming gold too if i lived there.

P.S This makes me think that this site isnt such a hardcore site anymore::::21::

The problem with L2 since day 1 has been the community.. NOT IGE!

Kids that farm items on games for money are no more lazy than their parents who sit at desks all day pressing the same buttons in a different order for a different service which usually pays less than IGE lol.
    Not to mention those businesses are usually just as unethical as IGE. Perhaps your kid makes more farming games than you do working? Is that why you're mad?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I always got the impression it was a lack of effort on the GM's and Admin's part on any kind of enforcement. But I have never played the game so that could be completely off base.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus
    I always got the impression it was a lack of effort on the GM's and Admin's part on any kind of enforcement. But I have never played the game so that could be completely off base.

I don't know if blaming the GM's works. SOE never made more than a token effort to stop Macro farmers and as far as selling items all they did was ask ebay not to list EQ auctions. You cant stop places like IGE. It's too easy to do what they do. The only way to beat IGE is with competition. If you drive down the profit margins they will go away. No profit - No Business. SOE finally figured this out and its why they started station exchange. They'll compete with IGE and make some money while driving down the margins making it less appealing for IGE to do business with their product. The people that want to partake will play on the special servers and the people that dont will continue to play as they were.

• xek1xek1 Member Posts: 12

youll probably never get this but hey youl get the email that some one posted to your  topic so hey its worth a try who cares...

Dude your retarded who cares if anyone else cheats as long as you know your an honest hardworking player that deserves what they get...And relize that IGE is not going to stop and MMORPG.com knows that so why not go with it and make more members instead of being nice little players that we all are (sarcastic bull shit)

Game Play>> RS-AQ-continuum-LF2