Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revan to be in SWTOR?

Alright, this was a interesting post that was made on the Jedi Union forum i'am in on GameSpot.com.. Got some interesting hints that Revan might play a big part in this upcomeing MMORPG.. Would be cool as i sort of grew attached to Revan during KOTOR1.. Especially since i took the bad-ass Sith path in KOTOR1 (killing almost all of my crew towards the end of the game lol.)

Anyways here a copy and paste of what was said..

Revan.

Revan's fate has been shrouded in secrecy, a character with an intriguing background who simply disappeared into the unknown and was never heard from again. But now, BioWare is returning to Star Wars with its first Star Wars game since Knights of the Old Republic. They've done a lot of growing since then, particularly with the massively popular Mass Effect series. Now, like the Sith, they have returned. And what better company to share the fate of Revan than the company that created him. The hints in the above-mentioned trailer are just one piece of the puzzle. Drew Karpyshyn, author of the Darth Bane books and a writer for BioWare, has been busy writing the third The Old Republic book. The subject of the book is unknown, which is rather odd considering it's supposed to be out this Fall. Clearly, Del Rey is gearing up to launch the book alongside the game. Why the secrets, then? Well, I wouldn't trust a story involving Revan to anyone other than Karpyshyn. Based on some gameplay footage that we've seen, it's also clear that a flashpoint event in the game will, in some way, involve Revan and will likely be one of the first "major" events in the game.

Well, now we know a whole lot more about this Revan-related flashpoint thanks to a gameplay video that has surfaced from the PAX East 2011 convention. In what appears to be the start of the flashpoint, a Republic-based flashpoint based on Taral V, the characters approach Jedi Master Oteg, a member of the same species as Yoda. He reveals the Force ghost of the Jedi Exile, who communicates some sort of riddle about a prisoner who has been fighting the darkness for 300 years. Only… it's not a riddle. Your mission in the game? It's time for a prison break.

Now, we should point out that there's no actual confirmation that this is Revan. But the hints all add up. And hey, now we've got actual confirmation that Jedi Exile is in the game.

Master Oteg: She is here. A Jedi without physical form. Her body is long dead, but her wisdom… her essence… lives on.

Jedi Exile: The darkness will consume all it touches. Stars will burn black. Ashes raining on lifeless worlds. Everything ends. The prisoner holds the darkness at bay, lost inside it for 300 years. His strength will fail. Then, he will become the darkness.

The video, in its 14 minute entirety, can be seen here.

link for video:

Interesting.. I'am pretty sure Revan will be mentioned in SWTOR, but i don't know how much i agree with him playing a HUGE part in the game, but only time will tell.

Currently Playing:
Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Watching the video, but is that male trooper the same voice as Varric from da2?

I know the exile was female lightside, but I thought Revan was supposed to be male darkside.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Swanea

Drunk dwarves ftw.. :)

Currently Playing:

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I know the exile was female lightside, but I thought Revan was supposed to be male darkside.

I'm pretty sure revan was dark sided but then during the course of kotor 1 then was redeemed, and ended up light sided and stayed there.

I made it Revan a dark sided female but that wasn't really canon.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Originally posted by whilan

I'm pretty sure revan was dark sided but then during the course of kotor 1 then was redeemed, and ended up light sided and stayed there.

I made it Revan a dark sided female but that wasn't really canon.

Canon was female exile lightside.  Could be revan was lightside canon, but he was male.

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Drunk dwarves ftw.. :)

Yeah, he did quite a great job (voice wise) in that game.

• canon Revan is light side male

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revan

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by gaou

canon Revan is light side male

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revan

Wow i did not know this..

I always thought the dark side / sith lord ending in KOTOR1 was 1000x more satisfieing then the light side ending.. Haha, was so fun makeing the wookie kill mission! muhaha.. Man, i replayed KOTOR1&2 like 3 months ago and am already itchin to give em both another go.

Currently Playing:

• Hekke29Hekke29 Member UncommonPosts: 102

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline BTC 303 - THE JEDI CIVIL WAR

story of Revan as TOR will see it :)

and i must agree that those 300years... and darknes within... it can be only him ;)

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” Dr.Seuss

• kado2kado2 Member Posts: 80

Part of me hopes she will be in it!

Retired: EVE, SWG, STO, EQ2, Ryzom, AO, LotRO, FFXI
    Currently Awaiting: SWTOR, TSW, ArcheAge

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by kado2

Part of me hopes she will be in it!

I am sure Revan will be in one form or another. This is the sort of element that excites me about SWTOR all the new cannon; Bioware created and Lucas Arts created.

I really hope that with all of this effort Bioware /Lucas Arts have put in here that they could come up with the odd film or two out of this we may have something much more exciting than episode 1-3.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158