Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are these idiots obsessed with the death of WoW?

Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

I'm going buy GW2 and play it, regardless of whether WoW is doing brilliant or has completely seized to exist.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

Comments

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

There are those who, for some unknown reason, believe that there can only be one popular or successful game in existence at any one time.  And in some sort of bizarre Highlander inspired frenzy, any games that wish to have even the most miniscule chance of being succesful have to rise up and slay World of Warcraft by decapitation.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Shoju

There are those who, for some unknown reason, believe that there can only be one popular or successful game in existence at any one time.  And in some sort of bizarre Highlander inspired frenzy, any games that wish to have even the most miniscule chance of being succesful have to rise up and slay World of Warcraft by decapitation.

I get to be Ramirez!

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

There can only be one.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I don't know about you but I am obsessed with leeching WoW...

This is not a game.

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

Originally posted by Talthanys

Originally posted by Shoju

I get to be Ramirez!

Ah yes, the Scottish Spaniard. 

Honestly, I don't understand anyone's obsession with WoW in any form, it is just not a game that some how inspires passion from me, enither hate nor love. 

I do wish more games would get on the figureprints band wagon though. 

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

what's wow??

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by Pigozz

what's wow??

They mean as in WoW they haven't had a shower in a long time and are unhygenically smellie.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

I agree, not sure why WoW makes so many people angry.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Pigozz

what's wow??

Wow is an expression that people say when they are struck with awe.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

I'm obsessed with the death of the subscription.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

What, no "I am Spartacus!" sequence of events? I guess it's to do with your wording, OP, I reckon nobody fancies yelling "I am the Idiot!" :P

On a more serious note, I don't think many people are obsessed, per se, I'd say it's more like many can't resist taking a shot when opportunity knocks. :)

To me, the more successful MMOs we have, the better.

• cointermcointerm Member Posts: 47

There's a term used within the MMO community, and we all know it: "the WoW-Killer".

Most of us have played WoW at one point or another. Many of us stick with it, simply because there's nothing better out there. We WANT a WoW-killer, because, after awhile, it gets annoying that NO company is able  to improve on a 6-year-old game.

When you hear people dissing WoW, it really has nothing to do with WoW....usually it's people placing their faith on the next "holy grail" of MMOs......which, in reality, are exact replicas of WoW, with added bells and whistles (AoC, WAR, Aion).

Here, in the GW2 forums....we're hoping THIS is the Holy Grail...the real WoW-killer. In the end, it doesn't really matter economically; the game is free. From my perspective, though, I have full confidence that this game will change viewpoints on MMOs. Companies won't have to worry about Blizzard, anymore.....they'll have to worry about Anet release dates.

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by cointerm

There's a term used within the MMO community, and we all know it: "the WoW-Killer".

Most of us have played WoW at one point or another. Many of us stick with it, simply because there's nothing better out there. We WANT a WoW-killer, because, after awhile, it gets annoying that NO company is able  to improve on a 6-year-old game.

When you hear people dissing WoW, it really has nothing to do with WoW....usually it's people placing their faith on the next "holy grail" of MMOs......which, in reality, are exact replicas of WoW, with added bells and whistles (AoC, WAR, Aion).

Here, in the GW2 forums....we're hoping THIS is the Holy Grail...the real WoW-killer. In the end, it doesn't really matter economically; the game is free. From my perspective, though, I have full confidence that this game will change viewpoints on MMOs. Companies won't have to worry about Blizzard, anymore.....they'll have to worry about Anet release dates.

Have Anet said that GW2 will use the same payment model as GW?  I only played GW very briefly, not really my cup of tea, but I always liked the payment model and GW2 is shaping up to be a much different beast than its predecessor.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Dnomsed

Originally posted by cointerm

Have Anet said that GW2 will use the same payment model as GW?  I only played GW very briefly, not really my cup of tea, but I always liked the payment model and GW2 is shaping up to be a much different beast than its predecessor.

No subscription fee.

Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars 2?

Nope. Like the original Guild Wars, there will be no subscription fee for Guild Wars 2. You just buy the game and play it online without paying a monthly fee.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#four

This discussion has been closed.