Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday update for March 25th

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Here is Friday's update for March 25th, this time it's the jedi knight armor progression. Enjoy

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/jedi-knight-progression

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by whilan

Here is Friday's update for March 25th, this time it's the jedi knight armor progression. Enjoy

Wonder why they have not done the Sith Inquisitor class trailer yet?

In Bioware we trust!

• sJenksFTWsJenksFTW Member Posts: 63

Looking good so far! I actually like the drastic differences in heavy and light armor based on the AC.

Have Played: FFXI, WoW, Aion, DCUO
    Waiting For: TSW, World of Darkness, SWTOR
    Currently Playing: KOTOR
    Tried: Matrix Online, Rift, Xsyon, LOTRO, EVE, Guild Wars

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Probaply said somewhere but these armor sets, how are we getting them? Are they personal quest rewards or drops? I wonder if that last armor is T1 raid set, hmm probaply not.

• Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by whilan

Wonder why they have not done the Sith Inquisitor class trailer yet?

last couple class updates have been spaced out about 2 months time between them so maybe will get SI at the end of april. assuming of course they have a schedule for it.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

i watched the video, remind me of He-Man when he raised his light saber

" I got the power" !

• Originally posted by Sasami

Probaply said somewhere but these armor sets, how are we getting them? Are they personal quest rewards or drops? I wonder if that last armor is T1 raid set, hmm probaply not.

entire sets? unknown but gear can be obtained thru both quests and drops

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by Sasami

I think there will be a ton of armor sets, the dev videos showed a bunch of them on a white board it there were a vast array for each class.

In Bioware we trust!

• Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by Sasami

I think there will be a ton of armor sets, the dev videos showed a bunch of them on a white board it there were a vast array for each class.

yea they have said they have a football field length hallway covered in gear set pics

Edit:

for some more expamples of armor heres the designing the light side vid http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/designing-light-side  about 2:20

and for the sith side http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/designing-dark-side  about 1:28

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

Wow, this sucks, the game's not even out yet and they are already showing us what the armour sets look like? Can't they just wait until people play the game and let them find out what the armour is like when they get there... isn't that part of the fun of a game finding out cool new stuff as you go?

• Sourd420Sourd420 Member Posts: 63

Couldnt help, but think to myself. Are they  showing the progress video on a Sub par PC? or the Graphics/Animations are not getting better which some here claim to be happening.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by binary_0011

" I got the power" !

"I have the power"  image

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Originally posted by binary_0011

" I got the power" !

"I have the power"  image

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Looks good. I'm also waiting in anticipation for the SI video. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

Anyone else notice that the light sabers showed progression as well? His light sabers had blue crystals on the hilts on the last teir of each advanced class. 

Wondering if they are new or modified sabers. 

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• i think they were just different sabers but they have eluded to be able to mod them but whether that means its appearance will change or just its stats will, i dont know

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by kegtap

Anyone else notice that the light sabers showed progression as well? His light sabers had blue crystals on the hilts on the last teir of each advanced class. 

We have seen that there will be at least 3 mod areas on a lightsaber. You can change the crystal to change the color and other items for different stats. We don't know how it is done, but on Darthhater and other sites. You can see screenshots of the mods.

We know it is done in KOTOR, so it should also be done in TOR. I would think that many weapons will have some kind of mod slots to change stats.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by artemisentr4

We have seen that there will be at least 3 mod areas on a lightsaber. You can change the crystal to change the color and other items for different stats. We don't know how it is done, but on Darthhater and other sites. You can see screenshots of the mods.

We know it is done in KOTOR, so it should also be done in TOR. I would think that many weapons will have some kind of mod slots to change stats.

They actually already said there was a way to mod the lightsabers.  It was in the whole "Love Story" mission arc where you could turn in the Jedi Lovers or not turn them in exchange for a better crystal for your lightsaber.  Now if there will be ways to do "After Market" upgrades or not, no idea.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by artemisentr4

They actually already said there was a way to mod the lightsabers.  It was in the whole "Love Story" mission arc where you could turn in the Jedi Lovers or not turn them in exchange for a better crystal for your lightsaber.  Now if there will be ways to do "After Market" upgrades or not, no idea.

Here is the thread linking to the picture of a mod from the darth hater page:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/thread/311126/Putting-the-mods-to-my-lightsaber.html

It's the first link. I go on about what i think it will be about but thats me just trying to make an educated guess.  The first link is the one you want.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.