Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, I tried the CU and LOVE IT!

arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

I have been playing SWG since beta but stopped for a few months to try out WoW.

I decided to log in and see what all the fuss was about concerning the CU and personally I think it was a good move by SOE.

All armour types now have a purpose (about time), I can now solo things that before needed doctor buffs, the new vehicles are nice too.  Combat feels more balanced (no pun intended) and generally I am having more fun than before, which is the important thing.

I can appreciate that this is just my opinion but I cant help but feel that alot of people have gone a little bit over the top with regards to their reactions of the CU.  Sure the game feels totally different but as stated earlier, I think its for the better.

So come on people, approach the new sytem with an open mind.   

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Glad your enjoying the changes. I as well have been enjoying the game with the new system and I haven't had to wait in a buff line since. I still am having a hard time figuring out why they felt the need to add combat levels, but overall it was a fair redo of the combat system.

However, the Combat Balance needs alot of balancing still. They overbalanced some classes. There are alot of issues to be worked out yet but I can't say I want the old system back either. I just wish they would quit adding more to the game and start fixing all the issues they currently have. The last patch we had they saved a ton of fixed up and crammed them in all at once and it brought back a fair amount of bugs that were already fixed from the CU. And knowing how long it takes the Dev team for SWG to get around to fixing things we could be dealing with these bugs for awhile yet unfortuntely. I mostly don't let it put a damper on my fun though. ::::28::

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World