Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 fans?

EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

So how many of us are following this game? I, so far, enjoy the approach they're taking regarding sieges (L2 style, with a set date on weekends instead of just a daily thing) and the pvp system. That's where the similarities end perhaps, but I think those 2 are the most notorius L2 features, the ones that mantained the fanbase longer, and I'm glad I'm seeing it again.

Also, Jake Song being the man behind the first lineage is encouraging, because I feel too many things were lost from L1 to L2, the first versions of Lineage were pretty well designed, grindy, yet addictive, and that daily entertainment is unique to the first of the saga.

I'm considerably hyped for this game even though I kinda stopped playing MMOs, let's hope it turns out as I expect!

Comments

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

played lineage 2 for 6 years, and counting.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Played L2 since CB until recently, really looking forward to this game, other similarities are also perhaps the fact that any class can equip anything which I think is great, I have heard some rumours ( correct me if I am wrong ) of player ran shops which is something I do really enjoy.

Hopefully towns will also be more elaborate and player run with the castle being the center point fo the territory but with regular player built houses and shops all around it.

One of the things I am reallty looking forward to see how it pans out is the planting trees feature, I think it will be interesting from a territory perspective the landscape changing and forest coming up here and there.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Yeah well, I guess though the wear whatever you want thing isn't something I miss mainly because, at least when I played L2, cookie cutter builds were all you'd see, casters in dark crystal, healers and archers in majestic, tanks with nightmare, etc, almost nobody used that feature other than when everyone had a draconic bow for pvp.

With archeage, however, I think it might be a better version of it, mainly because the class system is much more versatile, so in the end you will at least be able to define which gear works better on you, and you'll even be capable of adapting your skills to your gear, instead of doing it the other way around. I imagine myself playing as a caster and getting an awesome sword, and how that'd make me consider changing my skill build :P Can't figure out, however, how they'll approach the loot system, random or greed/need? Guess some people know this already but I haven't had time to look into everything, but i guess greed/need would be a nightmare.

About the fauna, I really want to see the map shaping feature in action and how they manage it, afaik you can only build in certain areas right? I guess some people will indeed be into that and create forests to protect guild hideouts :D sounds awesome, maybe im idealizing here though.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by Ephimero

Yeah well, I guess though the wear whatever you want thing isn't something I miss mainly because, at least when I played L2, cookie cutter builds were all you'd see, casters in dark crystal, healers and archers in majestic, tanks with nightmare, etc, almost nobody used that feature other than when everyone had a draconic bow for pvp.

With archeage, however, I think it might be a better version of it, mainly because the class system is much more versatile, so in the end you will at least be able to define which gear works better on you, and you'll even be capable of adapting your skills to your gear, instead of doing it the other way around. I imagine myself playing as a caster and getting an awesome sword, and how that'd make me consider changing my skill build :P Can't figure out, however, how they'll approach the loot system, random or greed/need? Guess some people know this already but I haven't had time to look into everything, but i guess greed/need would be a nightmare.

About the fauna, I really want to see the map shaping feature in action and how they manage it, afaik you can only build in certain areas right? I guess some people will indeed be into that and create forests to protect guild hideouts :D sounds awesome, maybe im idealizing here though.

You are right nobody used that feature recently, during prelude however it was quite big, gear was rare and tbh if I remember correctly there were no penalties apart from you not gaining the bonuses, so you would get casters in heavy armor pieces, I remember our BD running around in robes to keep more dances up. In c2 daggers ran around in Heavy Armor cause the p.def made the difference.

But all in all I do agree with you it will be a much better system in ArcheAge.

I cant agree more with the Fauna, I really want the world to change, I dont really want stupid terraforming ala Xsyon, but forests just coming up and changing the landscape sounds awesome, this combined with seasons! Also they have mentioned no fast travelling so boats, horses will be really important which gives this game the potential to become very good for ppl who like me like exploring.

• KrulosKrulos Member Posts: 68

I hope they take as many features from Lineage 2 they can. So far ive heard they will use the enchanment system...loved that. Dont know about item % drop chances from mobs, yet. I hope its once in a blue moon as in Lineage =)  I love Giran trading hehe. AH's are boring and no challenge and not very social...plz leave it out devs =)

• YamiVegetaYamiVegeta Member Posts: 15

5 years Lineage2 player as well. And looking at ArcheAge, seems to be very promising.

That's right! It wasn't me who was wrong. It was the world!

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Originally posted by Krulos

I hope they take as many features from Lineage 2 they can. So far ive heard they will use the enchanment system...loved that. Dont know about item % drop chances from mobs, yet. I hope its once in a blue moon as in Lineage =)  I love Giran trading hehe. AH's are boring and no challenge and not very social...plz leave it out devs =)

Problem with that is all the farmers will go nuts about the game and simply destroy it just like they did with Lineage 2. Which sucks because I enjoy trading, selling and all that alot.

But I rather have a game with less player driven economy. So farmers and twats that buy "gold" can go shove a sharp metal object up their ass or whatever it is they do when they don't ruin other players game experience.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Played Lineage 2 since Taiwan Open Beta in 2003. Played long in Gustin and Teon. Quitted in march 20087 and havent touced anymore lineage 2. im watiting since than for a new good lineage 2 successor.

• HewraHewra Member UncommonPosts: 24

indeed.

nice to see some l2 influence in a mmo.