Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Putting the mods to my lightsaber

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Okay i know thats a play on words, anyway.

Came across this while searching swtor again.

http://darthhater.com/media/gallery/taral-v-developer-walkthrough-dissection/image/3594

If anyone played the original Kotor, you may remember that when you opened a crafted weapon it has slots for you to put items into?

If you don't remember heres a refresher

http://www.wethefew.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/SWKOTR2_workbench_large.jpg

Now apparently according to the picture in the first link and using some fuzzy logic (as i'm extrapolating from what is shown)

It appears that first you can craft your weapon using the skills you know from here

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills

Then using the completed version

use the item you see in the first link

to achieve something similar to what you have in the second link.

Meaning i would guess that you can craft your own weapon, then gather items to slot it with ala kotor

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Without a doubt there will be item modification in game. It should be to more than just the lightsabers as well IMO.

The question will be. Is it a crafting skill? Or can everyone mod their items with slots? Is is a crafting skill to break down items to harvest these mod parts? Can crafted gear only be changed by crafters in their chosen craft?

If there are a lot of options to these item mods. It could make crafting even more interesting. And making players dependent on others for parts would/could make for a better economy. But as always, we have more questions than answers until we get our hands on the game.  

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

I would be highly disappointed if there wasn't "gemming and enchanments". Lets face it these been bread and butter of games for long time and major part of crafting. They are only part in WoW crafting that truly creates trade and works. Hopefully modding will have some way to make items "unique", not just upgrades to existing.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by artemisentr4

Without a doubt there will be item modification in game. It should be to more than just the lightsabers as well IMO.

The question will be. Is it a crafting skill? Or can everyone mod their items with slots? Is is a crafting skill to break down items to harvest these mod parts? Can crafted gear only be changed by crafters in their chosen craft?

If there are a lot of options to these item mods. It could make crafting even more interesting. And making players dependent on others for parts would/could make for a better economy. But as always, we have more questions than answers until we get our hands on the game.  

I suspect everyone will be able to upgrade however the upgrades themself can either be made from crafting or looting. Crafting ones being better than looted (hopefully). Would prefer crafting only but I can see looting as an option.

Thats what i think anyway.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

A little birdie told me this would be the case, that you can mod your lightsaber.

In Bioware we trust!

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

Maybee the Dragon Age Dwarf will be in SWTOR!

Enchantment?.......ENCHANTMENT!!!!!