Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smugglers unite!!!

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Ever since they first released info on the smuggler class, I have set my eyes on it!

Srsly!  Im going to be one bad@$$ smugglers.  Favorite move = Stealth + kick to nuts + shot gun to face (I read long time ago that scoundrel gets access to some kind of shot gun like gun)

So yah...Who else wants to use the smuggler class??

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• while smuggler won't be my main(i'm leaning more towards trooper for that) i will definetely make a smuggler alt if for no other reason than the story and there dialogue responses(esp after hearing about one of the smugglers responses that was used in taral v flashpoint at pax).

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

I am thinking about going the way of the smuggler as a main. Just for the story and the many possiblities of a suggler attitude while questing. Both in the personal story and having options that no other class will have during group story dialogue. I don't see many other classes having the change to run off with a NPC for some "alone time" during a group quest.

It will be my first alt if I don't go with the smuggler at launch. It just looks to be too much fun as a class.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I always planned on going smuggler first,  I have one friend who I'll be playing with who I'm sure will be a Jedi,  and another I think who's leaning towards the trooper,  but from the moment I saw the smuggler use the cover system I knew that would be the class I play.

I also figured they'd be one of the most fun to play down a neutral path, which is how I like to play most games like this.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I'm sure for those that always loved this class it will be nice to finally play a Star Wars MMORPG that lets smugglers actually smuggle. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Originally posted by artemisentr4

I am thinking about going the way of the smuggler as a main. Just for the story and the many possiblities of a suggler attitude while questing. Both in the personal story and having options that no other class will have during group story dialogue. I don't see many other classes having the change to run off with a NPC for some "alone time" during a group quest.

It will be my first alt if I don't go with the smuggler at launch. It just looks to be too much fun as a class.

actually during the developer meet and greet at pax east it was stated that the smuggler will have the most romance arcs but the imperial agent will have the most sexual options(like james bond).  but dont expect something like mass effect, just expect alot of fade to blacks. ;)

http://darthhater.com/2011/03/13/developer-meet-and-greet-live-blog/

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by gaou

while smuggler won't be my main(i'm leaning more towards trooper for that) i will definetely make a smuggler alt if for no other reason than the story and there dialogue responses(esp after hearing about one of the smugglers responses that was used in taral v flashpoint at pax).

What was this option. I remember watching one of the Taral V videos on youtube and everyone laughed when the smuggler chose an option but i couldn't hear what they said. Do you know?

• Originally posted by Jimmy562

while smuggler won't be my main(i'm leaning more towards trooper for that) i will definetely make a smuggler alt if for no other reason than the story and there dialogue responses(esp after hearing about one of the smugglers responses that was used in taral v flashpoint at pax).

What was this option. I remember watching one of the Taral V videos on youtube and everyone laughed when the smuggler chose an option but i couldn't hear what they said. Do you know?

basically at where the flashpoint demo ends, they are talking to the yoda guy, the smuggler says something like: "You know we could go on to the rest of this fortress if you would just stop talking. You are the worst back seat driver ever."

at about 4:30 of this podcast you can hear them talk about it:  http://moseisleyradio.com/2011/03/16/mer-episode-34-darthtoroaskacorelliansyndicast/

its musco from torocast(if anyone follows any of the fansites) talking about how that ended up being his favorite part of the demo.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by artemisentr4

actually during the developer meet and greet at pax east it was stated that the smuggler will have the most romance arcs but the imperial agent will have the most sexual options(like james bond).  but dont expect something like mass effect, just expect alot of fade to blacks. ;)

http://darthhater.com/2011/03/13/developer-meet-and-greet-live-blog/

I didn't expect in a MMO to see more than just suggestion and innuendo. But just to see a player run off with a NPC during a group quest would be great.

And yes, I would expect the IA to be much more serious and aggressive than the smuggler with relationships. James bond vs Han Solo or Lando in relationships. The Smuggler will be more sly and humorous. It all sounds fun  to me.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore