Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What now?

dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

I started playing WoW in Vanilla, stopped early BC, and have recently a little after Cataclysm. I let my subscription end a month ago in anticipation of a major surgery for which i'm just now recovering enough to play again.

So here's my situation/question:

I leveled an Undead Rogue to 70 and loved every minute of it. I loved looking forward to new abilities/talents, new zones, and most of all that epic flying mount which was every bit as awesome as I thought it would be, but then I couldn't help but stop and wonder "What do I have to look forward to now?"

It seemed that aside from hitting level cap, getting my epic flying mount was the final milestone or goal I had left to acheive. So my question is as stated above - Whats left to look forward to now?

For as long as i've been playing i've always heard people say "The game starts at 60 (or 70, or 80-85 or whatever the level cap was at the time) and for the most part people are telling me that there is a lot of fun to be had in endgame. I'm just wondering what max level players do for fun? I'm seriously asking, no sarcasm here. If it helps my main enjoyment comes out of PvP in any form. (although I enjoy PvE as well :])

(P.S. - Please no smart ass useless comments such as "wow sucks, wow is dead, wow is for noobs/easymode" or any of that crap. Obviously people still play for a reason. If you hate wow then fine but i'm looking for positive responses from people that enjoy this game as much as I do.) Thanks! :)

Comments

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by dyermaker714

I started playing WoW in Vanilla, stopped early BC, and have recently a little after Cataclysm. I let my subscription end a month ago in anticipation of a major surgery for which i'm just now recovering enough to play again.

So here's my situation/question:

I leveled an Undead Rogue to 70 and loved every minute of it. I loved looking forward to new abilities/talents, new zones, and most of all that epic flying mount which was every bit as awesome as I thought it would be, but then I couldn't help but stop and wonder "What do I have to look forward to now?"

It seemed that aside from hitting level cap, getting my epic flying mount was the final milestone or goal I had left to acheive. So my question is as stated above - What do I have to look forward to now?

For as long as I've been playing i've always heard people say "The game starts at 60 (or 70, or 80-85 or whatever the level cap was at the time) and for the most part people are telling me that there is a lot of fun to be had in endgame. I'm just wondering what max level players do for fun? I'm seriously asking, no sarcasm here.

(P.S. - please no smart ass useless comments such as "wow sucks, wow is dead, wow is for noobs/easymode" or any of that crap. Obviously people still play for a reason, if you hate wow then fine but im looking for responses from people that enjoy this game as much as I do.) Thanks! :)

If you're into PvE, you can get your normal dungeon gear, then gear from heroics, then raids.

You can achievement hunt.

Professions.

PvP.

Or just sit in the middle of Org/SW on your mount and /AFK.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Got 2 lvl 85's, Raided, PvP, Crafted. What do i do for fun now?

Rerolled a rogue, expereince capped at 70. Doing BC content again becasue In my opinion that was the best content. more fun so than cata stuff.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I've been playing WoW off and on since open beta, and have raided in all of the expansions. For me, and I know there are many different styles of play, reaching the level cap was about preparation for raiding and serious PvP. This preparation usually comes from item upgrades, which there are plenty of tiers or ilevels to move through until you're actually ready to begin raiding in Cata, but that's what I really enjoy about hitting the cap: building the gear sets and know-how to raid or PvP effectively. Another important factor that makes any MMO more enjoyable, or provides purpose for players seeking one, is to find a friendly guild that allows you to make some friends to enjoy the experience with. To be fair, I'm not sure I would have played WoW as long as I have without the group of people I've been playing with, who make all the difference.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

hell yeah, good guilds make all the difference for sure

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Raid, battlegrounds, arena.