Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoying WoW Again

X3NIAX3NIA Member Posts: 3

Let me start by saying me and a friend played WoW from release day to s6 of WoTLK. We went from completely awful players to seasoned veterans who made Gladiator 3 seasons in a row.

As time went on we did worse and worse things

-Bought gold

-Bought/sold accounts

-Botted battlegrounds (we both agreed level / farm botting is absolutely horrible, though)

2ish years later we're picking the game back up as we both have stable jobs and are out of schooling... We've decided to do the following.

1: Level WHATEVER class / race we want. No reading strategies or arenajunkies or following PvP blogs. Level WHAT YOU WANT.

2: Level PROFESSIONS as you go, take your time through leveling to enjoy areas and read quests. NO GRINDING.

3: No outside help. No reading guides or quest addons.. no "Help from china" be it gold, accounts or leveling.

So far we've been playing 2 days and loving it. I'm a Tauren Druid (I always liked moonkins but gave up back in vanilla on them) and he is leveling a Blood Elf paladin.. I suggest you guys try it, so far we're re-discovering that noobie fun we used to have... ESPECIALLY with the new questing areas.

Bonus points if you roll on an RP server which tends to offer a bit more fun in the leveling experience IMO.

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

That's because you're playing a dr00d! Druid has been my main class during my entire stay at WoW from release till a few months into wrath and several more months at the end of wrath. Every other class is so boring compared to my so very awesome druid :)

However, I have played WoW for so long that I doubt I can play it again and have so much fun :( I have been through all the zones a gazillion times. I don't know what they did with Cata but I doubt they can make it feel fresh for me. I mean I have all ten classes what can I roll :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

3-22-2011
    Dear Diary,
    Its been 2 whole days since I started playing WoW again and I must say Im really enjoying the game again! My friend and I are just taking our time leveling up and stoppong to smell the roses so to speak hehehe :P Maybe Blizz finally got it right after all these years :)

3-29-2011
    Dear Diary,
    Level 85 already! Woohoo! Where did the time go. It was a blast! Cant believe its only been a week! Well lets start up these heroics and maybe some 2v2 arenas for old times sake hehehe :P

3-30-2011
    Dear Diary,
    They ought to just sell weekly subs because thats about all the time you need before you realize youre on the same old treadmill. We might roll new toons but its kind of depressing knowing that when youre done leveling all that awaits is a giant grind for different currencies you cash in for the same gear everyone else has had for months. OH well, it was a fun week hehehe :P

• WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

How? They didn't even make new skins in the new expansion. Lazy bastards. I gave it a shot with a 10-day. Got my DK to 85 and played some lowbies I had abandoned. Same old, same old. =(

Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

Props to the OP, I am also a recent resubscriber and am totally enjoying the game for the same reasons. I don't care what ppl say WoW is fun as F**k. =]

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Foomerang

3-22-2011

Dear Diary,

Its been 2 whole days since I started playing WoW again and I must say Im really enjoying the game again! My friend and I are just taking our time leveling up and stoppong to smell the roses so to speak hehehe :P Maybe Blizz finally got it right after all these years :)

3-29-2011

Dear Diary,

Level 85 already! Woohoo! Where did the time go. It was a blast! Cant believe its only been a week! Well lets start up these heroics and maybe some 2v2 arenas for old times sake hehehe :P

3-30-2011

Dear Diary,

They ought to just sell weekly subs because thats about all the time you need before you realize youre on the same old treadmill. We might roll new toons but its kind of depressing knowing that when youre done leveling all that awaits is a giant grind for different currencies you cash in for the same gear everyone else has had for months. OH well, it was a fun week hehehe :P

Good for you. You have developed the very handy skill of clairvoyance. Just wondering if you were a psychology doctor as well. Then your reputable assumptions will be irrefutable.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• purplorpurplor Member Posts: 2

I just had a month off, played some rift, but missed the social interaction provided by trade chat.  Despite what people say, there is nothing like trade chat in Org!  Good to me home!

Searchable Wow Gem Database at http://www.wowjeweller.com