Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Dungeon Combat Video

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

This is a video showing a duo group of a Mystic with a pet grouped with a Priest. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VYXmLh1o0Q

Comments

• SkeeterxiSkeeterxi Member Posts: 265

I can understand why others would like it but it isn't for me.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Looks like a typical current gen MMORPG to me. Same as WoW, Rift, Allods Online, Alganon and the like. Graphics are good but not jaw-dropping. Music and sound effects seem to be ok as well. Mob AI is dumb as always (mobs standing around, waiting to get slaughtered, while you kill their buddies 2m next to them). And the animations are as always a bit odd as well. A 5 ton monster hits a 60kg player with full force, and that character doesn't even flinch (not talking about flying through the room and gettnig smashed against a wall).

It's like another sub at subways. Tastes ok, is sometimes nice to eat, but you can live well without it too and it's not much different from the others.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I love the action-oriented combat where you have to dodge and aim, but this looks rather slow-paced actually.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Looked... kinda boring, TBH. Sorry, I  just don't see what the big deal is about this game.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

A lvl10 instance being soloed by a Mystic,  The other one is an NPC Priest.  This is the final quest you got to do inorder to leave the island of dawn.  Probably not going to be the most exciting dungeon around considering it's level.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by maji

Looks like a typical current gen MMORPG to me. Same as WoW, Rift, Allods Online, Alganon and the like. Graphics are good but not jaw-dropping. Music and sound effects seem to be ok as well. Mob AI is dumb as always (mobs standing around, waiting to get slaughtered, while you kill their buddies 2m next to them). And the animations are as always a bit odd as well. A 5 ton monster hits a 60kg player with full force, and that character doesn't even flinch (not talking about flying through the room and gettnig smashed against a wall).

It's like another sub at subways. Tastes ok, is sometimes nice to eat, but you can live well without it too and it's not much different from the others.

You haven't read up on the combat for Tera if you say it's the same as WoW, Rift etc. Totally different there. (read up on it)

The Mob AI comment is a bit silly.. did you either want to pull the whole room and your toon dies or pull the whole room and easilly AOE them down like they were made of paper?

Kind of the same thing with the 5 tons monster comment.. did you want it to just rip your toon in half and its over?

No matter how advanced mmo's get.. there is still going to be an element of them being a game and not real (you know.. the lightning out of the fingers type stuff). Kinda of pointless to point those outs as faults to any game really.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by Alot

I love the action-oriented combat where you have to dodge and aim, but this looks rather slow-paced actually.

Name me an MMO that is not slow paced at level 10.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by Abdar

Originally posted by maji

You haven't read up on the combat for Tera if you say it's the same as WoW, Rift etc. Totally different there. (read up on it)

The Mob AI comment is a bit silly.. did you either want to pull the whole room and your toon dies or pull the whole room and easilly AOE them down like they were made of paper?

Kind of the same thing with the 5 tons monster comment.. did you want it to just rip your toon in half and its over?

That's true, I haven't done much research about the game. So I might be wrong. But when someone says "look at this and tell me your opinion", then I believe I can do so without doing research first.  *shrugs*

About the AI: I'd have to think more about how I'd want it to react instead. That doesn't change my opinion though, that it looks somewhat silly, if you have a large room full of theoretically intelligent humanoid creatures, which stand there in stupor, and don't react unless you bump into them, even if you kill their buddies right next to them. Of course I had played MMORPGs where it also works that way, and I had fun. It still looks dumb and makes no sense at all.

Ant about the animation thing: good question. I mean, of course you can say that your character is exceptionally strong and tough. That doesn't change though that if your character gets hit by a fist weighting a ton, just the mass should be enough to move your character, simply because your character is normally not rooted or glued to the ground. Ideally, I'd want my character to stagger at least, or prepare for the impact or anything like that, and not just simply ignore the gigantic fist coming down at him, as if it wouldn't exist. Of course, it's in all (or nearly all probably) MMORPGs this way, because changing the current standard would cost money. But, as with the AI, it still looks silly.

And yeah, in general I agree that an unrealistic game that is fun is better than a realistic one that bores you to hell. Doesn't change my opinion about the current-gen MMOs handling combat in a stupid way, and that I'm sure that sooner or later this will improve.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The real appeal of this game for me is the boss fights.

Monster Hunter combat in an mmo? A little hard to believe, but its there in the videos..I guess i'll find out if it's any fun when the game is out.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Tbh, I must experience a game as a whole to really have an opinion.

I always have compassion with the monsters. Always many "heroes" are slapping on one "monster", who did nothing but live in some cave. With such a strong body, it would likely one-hit the girl in the video, if it were real. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Well the grphx are really nice but I'm not a fan of the art style. The combat with the reticle is reminiscent of spellborn; I'd have to play in order to have an opinion on that.
  • Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Otakun

Originally posted by Alot

Name me an MMO that is not slow paced at level 10.

I've gotta agree with Alot... there's nothing particularly wrong with Tera's combat, since it puts an interesting spin on the holy trinity style of combat in MMOs. Just that this particular vid was boring. I watched 2mins of these priest doing an instance and got bored, so I found a more interesrting vid to watch myself.

So if you ever want to pimp out a game you're anticipating/playing, then try to give people a good impression.

• mickeykikohmickeykikoh Member Posts: 29

I tried this game once and it's actually cool it's just that I soo busy today and i can't continue to play