Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bounty Hunters: Can we post real player bounties?

2»

Comments

• sectonsecton Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by rashhero

What reason would be needed to put a bounty on someone? Because they were trolling in chat? Running around C-net in nothing but underwear or they took your kill(npc) or maybe even killed you (which would imply an open world PvP option. Though lets be honest, if its a flag you can throw on to be PvP anywhere or even if you're just in a PvP battleground and you die, you really have no reason to throw a bounty on someone.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering what jusification can you use to put bounties on people and how to control it with in game mechanics so its not exploited, which it would be.

Because it's fun.

I like the idea of a bounty system where players don't place bounties. Instead, something through the game mechanic deems whether a player has done enough to make him notorious enough to have a bounty.

Bounty hunters would then see this guy on a pool/bounty list on a datapad and be able to accept the contract. The pay on the players head would be valued accordingly to the notoriety of the players actions.

I don't think the bounty system should be tied with personal story either, so if it were implemented. It would have to deal with a mechanic relating to other players or something regarding the open world. As you said though, in a themepark game it is hard to find a good enough reason while still keeping the game balanced.

mmm pizza