Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game FFA?

BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173

I know it has factions, but I haven't been able to confirm if the pvp is FFA or not. Is it?

Comments

• BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173

150 views and no one is able to answer this question... really?

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360

Can't answer you really. Those of us in NA cannot get in to this title.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Yes, the PVP is FFA in the so called "open world" sectors. There is, however, little point in attacking your own faction. No role play  reasons to do so, and there is no loot either from ganking players.

If you feel there is never enough pew pew, I recommend joining the Genides. They seemed to be a bit outnumbered in the Open Beta, so a Genide will always find planty of opponents image

I want those NA servers!!!!!!

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

No mate you don't. Seriously.

scary reply there....

• BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173

So this is not a f2p eve with fps combat... for shame! Oh well.

• emolithemolith Member Posts: 29

You don't lose anything when your ship is destroyed, not even the cargo, you instantly respawn.

Anyone can destroy anyone at anytime, even your own race in safezones.

The game is boring, with no ranking, no point to pvp, small instanced world. - don't waste your time.

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

So, just to be clear, no big open universe where you can fly around taking on missions or trading elite/freelancer like?

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Originally posted by OBK1

So, just to be clear, no big open universe where you can fly around taking on missions or trading elite/freelancer like?

Hmmm , i am downloading the game now. This is what i thought the game would be all about, missions / trading / exploring / pvp .. from the sounds of it i am going to be disappointed.

• FoxBoyZeroFoxBoyZero Member Posts: 10

Will it not be what you think ... yes, will you be disappointed ... no. It's not exactly the mmo version of a single player space sim, but rather space sim and MMORPG merged  (in a way that bests EVE anyday). The story grabed me at the beginning. It has many of the features MMORPGs Have (Trading, Crafting, PVP, Questing. ect). It aslo has many space sim features (First person view with cockpit, Twitch combat, Able to move in all directions, Docking ect).  Gameplay is incredible compared to other mmo's (inlcuding one's that also have twitch combat like Fantasy Earth 0 and Chronicles of spellborn) Graphics are (If you care about graphics) EXTREMELY HIGH END (as in a 64 bit HP pavilion with windows 7 can only handle slightly better than medium.....unless that was my connection). The cutscenes are awsome. If you still just want a mmo version of a space sim allegiance online is still playable (however probably underpopulated due to this site marks it as cancelled when it's kept allive by volunteers). If just want to play a space sim with other people  Evochron legends has multiplayer.

PS: oh this was not the first page hmmmmm.....this is a responce to sibs question.

<<FBZ>>

• razzashrazzash Member UncommonPosts: 31

The problem is, that after the epilogue the only thing to do is grinding at the moment. You can play the same missions over and over again (even though plowing through them with party is a breeze), or try doing quests in pvp infested areas, but that's about it. Crafting is buggy, and sometimes just refuses to work.

As for PvP... level and gear means win. If you encounter a player a mere 3 lvl higher than you, chances are he has double your hp, and dishes triple the amount of your damage.

• professerprofesser Member Posts: 102

*game client download finishes*

Guess I shoulda read first