Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA Online, English firstlook/review of classes

lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

Hi guys, I got lucky and had a free 6 hour access to Tera Online on a Korean server and thought I'd make an English review of the way it is so far.

It's sort of my first actual review of the game, so I definitely didn't talk about everything.

The review is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4DtiKzuJMg

I tried to cover the essentials though:

-main classes

-character creation

-graphics

-gameplay

-overall fun

Enjoy!

*For some reason, once I converted the video, the visual quality decreased a little, so I have to figure out how to make it look good again. Once I re-render it, I will post a new link here. If someone knows how to fix that, please let me know. I used FRAPS to record and then adobe premiere to edit and save in Youtube SD Widescreen format...unfortunately it wasn't as good as I hoped.

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

Comments

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I don't use Adobe Premier, but YouTube will convert the video on it's own.  You want to upload the video at the highest resolution possible.  Usually 1080p  if you recorded at full screen or 720p if you recorded at half size in Fraps.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

OP's Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4DtiKzuJMg

BTW: the Elin & High elf were Mystic's.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

Originally posted by stayontarget

OP's Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4DtiKzuJMg

BTW: the Elin & High elf were Mystic's.

lol thanks

not sure what happened there, I thought I posted it:)

• dreahdreah Member Posts: 6

Animations and dynamic of combat is amazing. This is what Rift miss most.

• ioncannonioncannon Member Posts: 30

Thank you for your time making and posting the video.

Originally posted by ioncannon

Thank you for your time making and posting the video.

you're welcome and thanks for watching

I'll be honest, I didn't expect much of Tera when I finished downloading it, but it was surprisingly a lot fun

I played C9 and Vindictus as well, but they felt somewhat limited in their scope and more of an arcade multiplayer game than an MMO.

Tera online is definitely very enjoyable and since the world is not divided into instances, it feels like it's going to be quite a hit.

• bastienobastieno Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by dreah

Animations and dynamic of combat is amazing. This is what Rift miss most.

Yeah its an opinion, and i respect thta, but on other hand a i dont like the eastern aesthetics, so i´ll stick with rift.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by lalartu

Hi guys, I got lucky and had a free 6 hour access to Tera Online on a Korean server and thought I'd make an English review of the way it is so far.

It's sort of my first actual review of the game, so I definitely didn't talk about everything.

The review is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4DtiKzuJMg

I tried to cover the essentials though:

-main classes

-character creation

-graphics

-gameplay

-overall fun

Enjoy!

*For some reason, once I converted the video, the visual quality decreased a little, so I have to figure out how to make it look good again. Once I re-render it, I will post a new link here. If someone knows how to fix that, please let me know. I used FRAPS to record and then adobe premiere to edit and save in Youtube SD Widescreen format...unfortunately it wasn't as good as I hoped.

As far as this being a review, it's terrible, at least do a little research on the game. Also, why did you call the Popori, and I quote, "A hamster / racoon thingy" when you clearly used the panda head type? You do know what a panda is, right? Also, you refered to the Elin as a "young girl with bunny ears" and "bunny girl" when you make your Elin with Fox ears and a fox tail. You know what foxes are, right? At least say they are animal races instead of generalizing them based off premade character models. Your over generalizations of the classes were just as bad. "There are 2 priest types, I donno what the difference between them is", then look it up, genius. As far as this video goes all that was said that meant anything was "the graphics are quite good".

{mod edit}

Popori character is NOT a panda and is based on this Korean character:

There are no pandas in Korea and last time I checked, the closest panda was in southern China,

In Tera, it was changed into a different animal altogether, so not only does it have a long tail (Pandas don't, just so you know) but it does look like a racoon.

Erin is based on a Korean folk legend about a fox-girl but in the game it looks nothing like her {mod edit}

I specifically stated in the description that I knew little about the game before I got it and wanted to compare it to the existing action MMOs like C9 and Vindictus. I did not want to spend hours on researching the game and just wanted to try it and describe what I saw. I believe in the gaming world this is what people call a "firstlook". google it.

I also stated that I didn't care about what anybody thought and it was more of me testing my rig, enjoying my free 6 hours of gameplay and trying out something new. {mod edit}

I'd like to know more!

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

{mod edit} . I never said they were Pandas. The character YOU MADE had a panda head. So, apparently, they can't have panda heads cause there are no pandas in Korea? Hey, there are no elves in Korea either, nor are there Elins, Baraka or any other race then Human. Also, YOU CAN CHANGE THERE TAILS. I capitalized it cause I am sure you could miss it since you missed it in the character creator. Popori can be raccoons, dogs, cats, weasels, bunnies and pandas. Maybe you should actually look around if you're going to bother people with a pointless video.

"Erin is based on a Korean folk legend about a fox-girl but in the game it looks nothing like her {mod edit} I think it's funny that you claim Elins are based on a Korean folk lore that you say looks nothing like what it's based on and again, you messed up, own up to it. You said they were bunny girls and made a fox character. It wouldn't have taken more then 3 seconds to see that they can be multiple animal people.

"I also stated that I didn't care about what anybody thought" - A{mod edit}