Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how many subs does WoW have now?

It was 12.5 mil, but now I highly doubt it's that high... Everything is DEAD. All the servers are always empty, I can never find people except for it org, etc... It's all dead. Ever since cata and rift, a lot of people have left, so how many subs does WoW CURRENTLY have?

Comments

• NaxriusNaxrius Member Posts: 62

Well I don't know what server your on but WoW is still gaining subscribers, not losing them. And my server is packed with people.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Over 9000

• CrowInvictusCrowInvictus Member Posts: 3

Sub doesn't nesserarilly mean playing. I'm guessing most people get the 3 or 6 month package. Cata come out 4 months ago. Rift came out his month. THey might have lost some of the 3 month suscribers who lost interest after Cata (but signed up for Cata.) WE won;t see the causlties for those that left for Rift until atleast April 1st. and then July 1st. and finally October 1 st.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by xiiH4v0kiix

It was 12.5 mil, but now I highly doubt it's that high... Everything is DEAD. All the servers are always empty, I can never find people except for it org, etc... It's all dead. Ever since cata and rift, a lot of people have left, so how many subs does WoW CURRENTLY have?

Ohh, they still have plenty of subs.

WoW has more or less de-evolved into a lobby game. 70%-80% of the players just sits in Org or SW and waits for instances to pop'.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Originally posted by Hokie

WoW has more or less de-evolved into a lobby game. 70%-80% of the players just sits in Org or SW and waits for instances to pop'.

Lol your kidding right so this mmo is not realy a mmo anymore just some kind of lobby game to have quick match like CS?

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

None it's totaly empty now all ppl left it all ,servers has Green totaly empty tag on them now......... i think they gna close the game in a week or so .......... it was a very pugy game any way ...............

ok back to my Druid now

• Skeeter870Skeeter870 Member Posts: 75

Going by WarcraftRealms it has roughly 4.5mil US/EU subs.

So, for 12mil there'd have to be 8 mil Chinese playing.

Yeah, right.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

So, is this a troll post or are you actually serious?

Eleanor Rigby.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

.....and the 'factual' basis for all of your comments is?

If it is all just purely personal experience then i would have to say that my personal experience is very different. Although the mid-level zones (50-70) seem quiet at the moment, most of the lower and upper zones are still pretty busy and my guild is just on the brink of hitting 500 members, well up from approx 370 at Cata launch.

The influx, couple of months of high subs and then drop off is no big surprise, it happens at every expansion launch and it will happen again at the next 'big' expansion patch. So called 'hardcore' gamers drop in, burn out on content and then drop out complaining about 'lack of content' until the next big patch and the cycle starts all over again.

To be perfectly honest, i could care less these days whether WoW had 12.5Mill or 2Mill as long as it is still running and even if it lost half it's subs tomorrow it would still be bigger than any other Western Pay to play MMO. In a way it would be a good thing for another MMO to have a kick at Blizzards door as no-one would argue that any company with serious competition will push itself that bit harder

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• ElduzoElduzo Member Posts: 11

Over 9000!

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

We got a thread for all the Rift vs WoW vs War etc. !

Can we get a similar thread for WoW where all the people can predict their gloom and doom, and sub numbers, and how it is gonna die etc.?

I am getting sick of reading these threads when I come here to read about the game! It is really hard to ignore it when half the first page is fileld with threads like this.

Originally posted by Treekodar

So, is this a troll post or are you actually serious?

This is a troll post just like any other thread related to the topics I've mentioned. Reported for that ^_^

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

WoW has been like this for some time now. I dont think subs have gone down its just that almost everthing can be done from OG/IF and with all the phasing going on while leveling the world does idd seem empty. And that for me is a huge negative, playing an MMORPG I want to see ppl around me in the world. But as for subs, its probably around where its been for that last year or so. Perhaps a few hundred thousand dropped to Rift and while that's money lost for blizzard its not really a big deal when purely counting subs. Can it be a show of things to come what with huge upcoming releases? Too early to tell ofc, and I cba speculating. And dont twist this into a prediction of a wow-killer plz if you want to be taken seriously.

• ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71

Troll.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

number of subs never go down always rising < thats what blizzard telling us :D

but they count accounts that loged for 1 hour or are inactive for few months or more

they count all subs

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

A: It was never 12.5 million. That was marketing hype for kids to latch onto and  throw all over the internet.

B: WoWcensus(?) puts it at 4.5 million worldwide. 

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Originally posted by Turdinator

A: It was never 12.5 million. That was marketing hype for kids to latch onto and  throw all over the internet.

Since when were 3rd-party sites ever accurate?

Eleanor Rigby.

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

Originally posted by Treekodar

Since when were 3rd-party sites ever accurate?

Since a few days ago. Didn't you get the memo?

• Skeeter870Skeeter870 Member Posts: 75

Yeah there will be a reasonable margin of error going by WOWCensus, but averaging the US/EU servers and using that as a "ballpark" figure for the unlisted/polled servers STILL isn't going to put it at 12.5mil active accounts. (Let alone the idea that there could possibly be a 400% margin of error)

12mil created since release?

Sure, that I can see, with 6mil+ being Chinese.

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by Skeeter870

Yeah there will be a reasonable margin of error going by WOWCensus, but averaging the US/EU servers and using that as a "ballpark" figure for the unlisted/polled servers STILL isn't going to put it at 12.5mil active accounts. (Let alone the idea that there could possibly be a 400% margin of error)

12mil created since release?

Sure, that I can see, with 6mil+ being Chinese.

Why ban gold sellers when they can boast about their "subscribers" now?

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

oh sorry, 4 players unsubed just now...

11.908.906 then.

Now serious, how could anyone know about those numbers ? Just the company that holds the game, blizzard in this case.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Depends how you classify SUBS.. loads of WoW players likely have multiple accounts, for example there's one guy somewhere in world i was reading about that has 8 active accounts or more. But no one takes these things into consideration though, the top number is fact and thats that these days.

• pny14534pny14534 Member Posts: 9

WoWcensus doesn't track China players.   The 12+ million figure included China accounts, which use a different business model (and generate less cash flow than NA/EU accounts.)

I will not be surprised if NA/EU accounts have fallen sharply since Cata release.   The Q1 report to stockholders (in April?) may shed some light on this.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Quite honestly, their is still no MMO out there that has as many accounts as WoW so who really cares?

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• SkeeterxiSkeeterxi Member Posts: 265

Originally posted by Evasia

Originally posted by Hokie

Lol your kidding right so this mmo is not realy a mmo anymore just some kind of lobby game to have quick match like CS?

Pretty much. People just hang out in town and wait for a battleground, arena, or dungeon queue to pop. After you hit level cap the world is pretty much only used for gathering mats or doing dailies.

• pny14534pny14534 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by marquisk2

Why ban gold sellers when they can boast about their "subscribers" now?

Some of the botters will buy a new account.   Since active accounts include any accounts active in the last 30 days, if they ban botters just before the end of a fiscal quarter, they can artifically boost the active sub number for that quarter's report.

Q1 ends March 31.   Interesting, no?