Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hulkageddon event prizes for tears - Are they trying to get done for griefing?

13»

Comments

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by Paradigm68

Originally posted by Garkan

Originally posted by JDGalis

Gentlemen,

(Skip to 16minutes, when the gank happens or 19 minutes to the rage is about to get going)

http://soundcloud.com/gcolrenzulu/jdsc-tears

-Dude makes a alt to gank a hulk in same corp,Seriousness ensues-

Another perfect example of a psychotic carebear raging, good link :)

Join a corp just to blow up the corp Hulk. That is class for you, pretty much sums up the playerbase of Eve.

How does that show a lack of class?  Granted its more effort than I'd want to put into blowing up a hulk but it still seems given the context of the game (corporations at war with each other) like a pretty slick move.

Also, assuming for the sake of argument that it is a classless move, how does that person's actions sum up the entire playerbase? Is the playerbase of each game to be judged by the actions of one player?  What about me? I didn't join a corp to blow up a hulk, isn't that classy? Why doesn't that sum  up the playerbase?

First, if you dont see how joining a corp just to blow up a Hulk shows a lack of class (no mention of being in war or anything) then there is no point of me explaining it to you.

As for the second one, I played Eve for quite a while and this kind of behaviour is not uncommon, it happens all the time. Scamming and griefing is just rampant in this game and the main reason I left. It is a game after all and I dont feel playing a game with a bunch of jerks.

A. Common or uncommon I'm sure compared to the total number of players the number of people doing this is small.  There are jerks in  every game.

B. I'm not saying what was done is classy, I'm saying I don't see how it was classless. I don't see how class enters into it at all.  Its essentially a liesure game of pretend. Don't you think you're taking it too seriously to ascribe a class to it at all?  And if you can't explain it, I'm going to assume you just don't like it and irrationally equate things you don't like with being classless.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by CactusJack

Originally posted by CactusJack

Originally posted by Garkan

Gentlemen,

(Skip to 16minutes, when the gank happens or 19 minutes to the rage is about to get going)

Another perfect example of a psychotic carebear raging, good link :)

Join a corp just to blow up the corp Hulk. That is class for you, pretty much sums up the playerbase of Eve.

It's a game. More importantly, the angry guy is threatening him with RL litigation, server IP attacks, years of angry retaliation over what? A hulk? If you listen to it..the guy that made the recording wasn't properly vetted, he and one of his friends were recruited, given access, and no one seemed to care. The poster even stated that he was hoping that they left one of their Orca's out so he could steal it.

To be honest, the poster wasted a valuable opportunity to do some real damage. You don't realize that he could have gotten more of his friends in, completely cleaned them out, offlined their POS's, etc etc..what did he do? Popped a hulk....b/c he was just fooling around.

All the poster has to do is, send these chatlogs to CCP and the player that threatened him could face a RL ban b/c he threatened him OOG. Over a hulk. You crybabies should see what happens when someone collapses an alliance from within, or a dev gets caught helping an ingame alliance..or the other hundreds of scandals.

The OP sent in a link of VOIP chat infiltrating an obvious newb corp, and he taught them a valuable lesson. Him not docking up, which keeps the parent corp from kicking him is just funny. Just ignore him, have everyone put him in their friends list, and everyone set him to red. Easily solved.

Thanks again OP...that is why I love this game.

So what if it is a game? You cannot show class in a game? For example, in tennis there is nothing preventing you to smash right on your opponent, yet most people dont do it because they have class.

Just because you can do something, does not mean you should. But like I said, Eves playerbase is as bad as it gets and this shows both sides really. The jerk that was just "fooling around" and the crazy nut who overreacts when he should not be playing in a game that obviously encourages this kind of behaviour.

So what if it's a game? Are you and people that agree with this viewpoint that easily upset? He popped a hulk..this is the same rhetoric I hear about killing newbs/afk haulers/non scout users at gatecamps. Tears, followed by morality, followed by psychology of said players involved....it never ends. You are paying to be one ONE single server universe. YOU are paying CCP b/c you want that.

I disagree with EvE having the worst playerbase..DF was pretty bad, but tolerable. Any game that allows you to attack other players in an Open PvP enviroment is always going to illicit this response.

Perspective is everything, I guess. I witness people in my field get maimed, killed, horrible things. I come on these forums and listen to a recording of a guy that is threatening years of retaliation over a video game...really?

You know how paramedics know when there are no injuries at the scene of a car crash? The drivers are worried about who's fault it is.

Hey you want to be a cynic, that is your choice. I dont see being in an FFA sandbox MMORPG a license to act like a jerk. Like I said, you can do alot of things in games that are not strictly illegal, does not mean its ok to do it.

As for years of retaliation, yeah that is screwed up. But again what the guy did is just stupid as well, both are idiots imo.

• ZharZhar Member UncommonPosts: 58

Originally posted by evemaster00

One of the features of the current hulkageddon is prizes for the best ganked miner tears. They're enticing players to not only grief random people by blowing them up but also verbally grief them further in hopes of getting "tears" from them. These are CCP's paying players being treated as garbage.

They've pushed things a bit too far this time, with this. Wouldn't you think CCP would do something about the organised griefing attempt? Seems they don't care to uphold the eula.

I would think most hardcore miners would buy a plex with money they get from mining?

Also devs have stated time and time again, EVE is no supposed to be happy glowy lovey-dovey, you are not supposed to be safe...anywhere. High sec with concord is like real life police, they make you feel safe, but if someone wants to hurt you, they will.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

So what if it is a game? You cannot show class in a game? For example, in tennis there is nothing preventing you to smash right on your opponent, yet most people dont do it because they have class.
    Just because you can do something, does not mean you should. But like I said, Eves playerbase is as bad as it gets and this shows both sides really. The jerk that was just "fooling around" and the crazy nut who overreacts when he should not be playing in a game that obviously encourages this kind of behaviour.

I, too, rage hard and threaten my opponents whenever they charge me all my money in monopoly.

Those bastards.

No class.

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

To complain about the mechanics of a game that you pay for is opaque to me. If I subbed to WoW and complained on here about raiding..would you laugh at me? Would you ask me.."why do you pay then?" I'm not saying that their are people that don't purposefully irritate others, but that's everywhere in life..is it not?

What's even more hiliarous, is the guy that lost his hulk...he didn't say anything. The person doing all the RL threats is apparently the corp CEO or someone in a leadership position. So, not only is he responding with what is allowed and within the game rules..player vs player combat, but he is now threatening him in RL.

Where is the outrage over that? Why haven't the people that are defending why this is such an outrage...also condemning this behavior? Someone being "griefed" pulls people to the forums to tell the bad people why EvE is such a cesspool...yet RL threats are ok, I guess.

It's a game people.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• JDGalisJDGalis Member UncommonPosts: 143

Fyi, I lay no claim of being the one doing the griefing. It was an corp m8.

Edit:

SERIOUS BUSINESS IS SERIOUS.

Introducing the best signature ever!

[signature] Best Signature [/signature]

• thepureonethepureone Member Posts: 18

One of the features of the current hulkageddon is prizes for the best ganked miner tears. They're enticing players to not only grief random people by blowing them up but also verbally grief them further in hopes of getting "tears" from them. These are CCP's paying players being treated as garbage.

They've pushed things a bit too far this time, with this. Wouldn't you think CCP would do something about the organised griefing attempt? Seems they don't care to uphold the eula.

hulkaggeon is mainly to cull the herds of high sec miners while it started killing bots its ternd in to a event and puss's miners in to wh and null mineing in high sec is just dumb hulkaggeon never ends just peeksminers will get ganked for the lols haulers that haul bills of assets get kill evry day you lose a hulk thats wot you get for going afk in a belt in high sec (if in low sec you need to leave eve)

• thepureonethepureone Member Posts: 18

just saying i had 2 ice miner kills

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by thepureone
    hulkaggeon is mainly to cull the herds of high sec miners while it started killing bots its ternd in to a event and puss's miners in to wh and null mineing in high sec is just dumb hulkaggeon never ends just peeksminers will get ganked for the lols haulers that haul bills of assets get kill evry day you lose a hulk thats wot you get for going afk in a belt in high sec (if in low sec you need to leave eve)

Can someone translate that into english for me?

• LysarionLysarion Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by batolemaeus
    [blah blah blah]

No. My eyes are bleeding right now >_<'

I'm french, that's why I sometimes mis-use or mis-spell some words... Please don't blame me.
    (but feel free to explain my error if you want =)
    Need an Eve-Online trial invite? PM me your email adress =)

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Lysarion

[blah blah blah]

It's text speak for i'm too lazy to type out every fourth word. I think he's essentially saying...hulkageddon was initially for the large amount of hi sec mining, that happen to include some macros/bots, particularly the AFK ones. He further mentions, that if you play AFK in losec, you need to stop playing EvE. Jibberish reconstruction is something you learn as a parent, or if you date younger women..due to this texting nonsense.

I'm still waiting to here from the Ankh's of the world why RL threats are ok...yet popping a hulk puts someone at the bottom of the evolutionary chain. I tell all the new guys..fit a t1 cruiser(vaga) usually with t1 mods..and give them some distant system. Go there and try and get a few km's or property that belongs to the people that live there.

What happens next? They lose their ships, and learn how important keeping their clones up to date means. People that don't lose ships in EvE I have found have a tendency to regard them in a sentimental way. I think they forget that they are only pixels after all, and they essentially are just tools to perform a function. I mean you don't hear them crying about losing shuttles, is that b/c they were just flying around?

I think it's b/c moving around is something you have to in EvE, but not everyone mines. Mining is a passive, non threatening activity, so to be killed by another player is just heinous to people. As usual, they don't realize mining is an activity that affects the economy, therefore affecting everyone.

I used to look for miners in my hisec mining areas, and attack them with alts, to make them leave. I think this is much more common..so really..alot of players that are getting "griefed" are being killed by fellow bears they know, b/c they want less competition in their belts or less mins on the market where they are.

Of course that would require said 'bear to realize that this horrific and heinous attack actually was aimed at them, and not some mean, psychopathic, mentally unstable, 12 y/o pker. Good thing most don't realize this, so we can keep laughing at them.

Damn I love this game.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Gentlemen,

Looks like the corp doing the raging got kicked from their alliance, i guess name dropping and threatening someone with loads of different alliances over a lost Hulk didn't impress Imperium Alliance.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• JDGalisJDGalis Member UncommonPosts: 143

Hulkageddon is mainly to cull the herd of high sec miners, while it first started to kill bots
    it turned into a event to push miners into wh and nul.l Mineing in high sec is just dumb. Hulkageddon never ends, just peeskie miners will get ganked for the lols. Haulers that haul billions of assets get kill everryday. You lose a hulk? Thats what you get for going afk in a belt in high sec (if in low sec you need to leave eve).

Cleaned up as requested. TL;DR  lol kill miners.

Introducing the best signature ever!

[signature] Best Signature [/signature]

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by Lysarion

[blah blah blah]

LOL!

Keep on rockin'!image

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by cosy

the event have nothing to do whit CCP so they better stay OUT

Nothing to do with CCP other than it's an event being held in the game they own. Yeah CCP better stay out and mind their own business. Oh wait, EVE online is their business.

I lol'd