Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Pilot headed to 0.0

2»

Comments

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Originally posted by fivoroth

Thanks. I've decided to take up mining for the moment. I read the advanced mining guide on evelopedia and decided to start training for caldari frigates and later on caldari cruisers as according the article they seem to be the best starting ships for mining.

My race is gallente is it okay for me to train for other races' ships so early on ?

You can do whatever you want.  I know plenty of people with training in multiple race's ships.  You're only limited by what you actually take the time to train.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by fivoroth

Thanks. I've decided to take up mining for the moment. I read the advanced mining guide on evelopedia and decided to start training for caldari frigates and later on caldari cruisers as according the article they seem to be the best starting ships for mining.

My race is gallente is it okay for me to train for other races' ships so early on ?

Given the current state of Gallante ships and weapons, I would say that it's not only OK, but an extremely good idea.

May I ask why you want to do mining? It's very easy, but also probably the worst-paid and least exciting of all EVE professions.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by Malcanis

Originally posted by helthros

Thanks a lot for the replies people. So mapping out and spatial awareness are the first things I intend to map out.

The thing I've been worried about primarily off the bat is sustaining myself. I just recently purchased a BC (hurricane). I was originally doing armor tanking but my councilor told me that I would be better off doing shield tanking. This isn't too bad since I have some decent shield tanking skills but it has definitely set me back a little bit.

I'm under the impression that ratting and plexing will be my main source of income. Some of the guys made it sound like there is really good isk to be made during downtime (we live on the fronts) which would be good because right now I feel like my income is slightly better than paltry doing lvl 3 missions.

The shield tanking fit I got from the corp is allowing me to blow through lvl 3 missions with relative ease so I'm hoping that will translate to being able to rat.

Thanks for the heads up with the skillbooks I went out and bought what I could afford. The Corp is supposed to have great logistics and yes my first jump freight from the staging area to our sovereign area is free.

One thing as minmitar I haven't been able to figure out, for PvP - Do I  want to do auto cannons or artillery?

I'm excited to get into the mix of it all. I hope picking up tackling and flying an interceptor won't be too bad. Are there any fundamental videos on the matter? Some litlte nuggets of information for starting PvP as a tackler?

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I'm super excited to finally get into the mix.

Belt ratting is way easier than missioning. The biggest belt spawn you will encounter is 3 BS and 3 BCs. Unless you're in very good space, though, anomalies and plexes are where the real ISK is, and you'll want a beefier ship tan a cane to do the good ones (Havens are about equivelent to a level 4 mission, Sanctums about equivalent to a very big L4 (Ring Sanctums) or somewhat more (Station Sanctums))

You'll probably be able to Havens if you team up with another player. You're not going to be able to do Sanctums for a while. I cant remember what the anomaly under Havens is, but those will be perfect for you. There probably wont be much competition for them either - the ISK whores only care about Havens & Sanctums.

AGREED!

Keep on rockin'!image