Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Erm...like WoW! (literally!)

Wow, just watched a few gameplay vids of this game. Omg its shocking how much it looks just like WoW. I dont mean the way that gets a "omg, wow isnt the only game that blah blah blah....". I mean, it really looks like it. I actually thought Id clicked on the wrong link. The ui is identical, the characters move and look the same. They have the same cartoony graphics. Utterly appaled that every feature is just a copy. What a con!!

Plus its an item mall. Stay well clear.

Here's a linky of the vid. Look at the map (it IS the same map!! in the bottome right!), the ui in general, the character, the world, the quest list, the gold question marks over npc's. True disgrace. Dont tell me they couldnt have made it look original. 10 minutes and a scrap book and I could come up with something else!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigCisFTW#p/a/u/0/Q4DJaU8UuqI

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Ewwwww auto-walk... I'd never play a game with that feature.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• 190100190100 Member UncommonPosts: 52

It's really not like WoW. It's more like "generic mass produced angelica engine game number 12 meets a bunch of lame wow features that shouldve stayed in wow with added $100 monthly fee to stay competitive"

Rift on the other hand is a blatant WoW clone in pretty much every way, terrible game cloning another terrible game.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

What is with people and WoW clones?

First it was 4Story (which kind of is, but not really)

Then Runes of Magic (again kind of is, but even less so than 4Story)

Then Alganon (was designed to be a blatant WoW clone)

Then Allods (barely, I only saw an inspiration in graphics, and inspiration in two of the races, but thats it)

Then I think I heard Aion once called a WoW clone, don't know why

Then apparently someone here called Rifts a WoW clone, again don't know why

And now Forsaken World is a WoW clone.

I do not see any resembleance between WoW and FW.

If you hate a game so much for "ripping off of WoW", then go back to playing WoW; your lv 85 gnome death knight misses you.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Then Allods (barely, I only saw an inspiration in graphics, and inspiration in two of the races, but thats it)

If you hate a game so much for "ripping off of WoW", then go back to playing WoW; your lv 85 gnome death knight misses you.

People say everyone copies everyone... its our education system not teaching little kids that innovating off a foundation is the smart thing to do.

Plus Forsaken World has better graphics than WoW... ive beta tested it and its really smooth, shiney, and more importantly a PW International game which is farrrr from WoW. WoW is a carebear game and even with Forsaken World nerfing its leveling a little, its still much more challenging than WoW. Plus it has special moves which build up after each kill... somthing that was in Battle Of The Immortals which was a PWI game as well. Theres nothing here from WoW, only stuff from there previous works built more western to grab more players which is a smart thing to do.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Geowash

Originally posted by MadDemon64

People say everyone copies everyone... its our education system not teaching little kids that innovating off a foundation is the smart thing to do.

Plus Forsaken World has better graphics than WoW... ive beta tested it and its really smooth, shiney, and more importantly a PW International game which is farrrr from WoW. WoW is a carebear game and even with Forsaken World nerfing its leveling a little, its still much more challenging than WoW. Plus it has special moves which build up after each kill... somthing that was in Battle Of The Immortals which was a PWI game as well. Theres nothing here from WoW, only stuff from there previous works built more western to grab more players which is a smart thing to do.

Agreed.  Nowhere in WoW are Vampires or Bards.  Sure, both have warriors with giant swords and dwarves with guns, but that is a common staple in fantasy MMOs nowadays.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

What about those talents? A lot of games use similar systems, but most of them don't actually copy the actual icons.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• PanDaZmOOPanDaZmOO Member UncommonPosts: 49

Originally posted by 190100

It's really not like WoW. It's more like "generic mass produced angelica engine game number 12 meets a bunch of lame wow features that shouldve stayed in wow with added $100 monthly fee to stay competitive"

Rift on the other hand is a blatant WoW clone in pretty much every way, terrible game cloning another terrible game.

Really now? RIFT is no where near a WoW copy.. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a terrible game.

• Originally posted by PanDaZmOO

Really now? RIFT is no where near a WoW copy.. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's a terrible game.

yeah....seriously, troll

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by PanDaZmOO

The UI alone is copy and paste. They specifically refer to WoW in their marketing campaign. I think maybe they had WoW in mind at least a LITTLE BIT don't you think?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by PanDaZmOO

The UI alone is copy and paste. They specifically refer to WoW in their marketing campaign. I think maybe they had WoW in mind at least a LITTLE BIT don't you think?

If the UI were copy/paste, there would be ugly gryphons or something surrounding the main talent bar. The UI would be static and you wouldn't be able to rearrange it in the settings for the game...you'd need an addon to do it. You wouldn't be able to assign keybindings by mousing over your ability buttons. Etc.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by AndyPreston

Wow, just watched a few gameplay vids of this game. Omg its shocking how much it looks just like WoW. I dont mean the way that gets a "omg, wow isnt the only game that blah blah blah....". I mean, it really looks like it. I actually thought Id clicked on the wrong link. The ui is identical, the characters move and look the same. They have the same cartoony graphics. Utterly appaled that every feature is just a copy. What a con!!

Plus its an item mall. Stay well clear.

Here's a linky of the vid. Look at the map (it IS the same map!! in the bottome right!), the ui in general, the character, the world, the quest list, the gold question marks over npc's. True disgrace. Dont tell me they couldnt have made it look original. 10 minutes and a scrap book and I could come up with something else!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigCisFTW#p/a/u/0/Q4DJaU8UuqI

if you play it you will notice right away that it doenst look at all like wow....... 

• surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151

wows voices aren't common voices, like the classic sound effect screams. they were made by actors, and they pretty much ripped the sound from them! thiefs!

• yogiftwyogiftw Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by maji

Ewwwww auto-walk... I'd never play a game with that feature.

That thing is optional you dont have to use it if you dont like auto -Routing ... some people actually like autorouting since they just wana do the quest and get it over with it some people dont like it since you dont do much "exploring" choose whichever u want .

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

it's nothing like WoW, not even close.  i actually wish it were more like WoW tbh...

• S00S00S00S00 Member UncommonPosts: 69

NO -  it is Nothing like WoW! 

I am an Abstract sort of Creature
    Who Dislikes any sort of Restraint
    If you try to pigeonhole me
    I Will Break Free!