Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free aint Free

AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 287
Ok, I admit it...I have never played Ryzom before...in fact, I have never even considered it...Until now...that it is free. My main concern is this...just because its free (no money required to play) does not make it free. I do not want to waste my time downloading/installing/playing a game that is going to suck. So....

Does Ryzom suck? I loved Asheron's Call (sandbox style game). I also loved EQ1, EQ2, etc. Just tell me if its worth my time even giving it a shot.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• twstdstrangetwstdstrange Member Posts: 474

We can tell you our opinions all day long, but in the end it's going to be your own that matters the most.

Why don't you just start the download before you go to bed or something. Spend a few minutes on the install, and then a few minutes more on actually playing it.

It's hard to say whether you're going to like it or not if we're not... you.

• tutistutis Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by twstdstrange

We can tell you our opinions all day long, but in the end it's going to be your own that matters the most.

Why don't you just start the download before you go to bed or something. Spend a few minutes on the install, and then a few minutes more on actually playing it.

He is asking for peoples opinions though.  He's given examples of games he likes, and is looking for people who have played and liked those games to give an opinion on it.  That's kinda what these forums are for, to discuss our opinions on games, and other types of discussions about MMOs.

• twstdstrangetwstdstrange Member Posts: 474

Originally posted by tutis

Originally posted by twstdstrange

He is asking for peoples opinions though.  He's given examples of games he likes, and is looking for people who have played and liked those games to give an opinion on it.  That's kinda what these forums are for, to discuss our opinions on games, and other types of discussions about MMOs.

I didn't like it. Didn't keep me interested or entertained really. One of those install-uninstall deals.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

If you're an AC1 fan you might enjoy it a lot, personally I just found it empty of people, but its been awhile since I played it.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Lets you get up to max level of like 175 on individual skills.   If you play sanely that'll take you a very long while.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Some people cant understand my logic here, but I will never play a game that takes place in an open gameworld where you cant jump, and you cant jump in Ryzom.  The other problem is movement.  You cant circle strafe in Ryzom without sacrificing tradition side stafing. which also requires you to hold the mouse burrton down just to straf left and right without turning.  Its very weird but thats the way designers set it up.  I actually think its a bug that has never been addressed.  Those two reasons kept me from ever leaving the starting village though the game looked like it had potential in otther areas.

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47
    I don't like both eq2 (the f2p version at least) or Ryzom. They are quite alike from how graphic looks (an outdated by at least 5 years). I should admit eq2 has way more and diversified content then Ryzom.
  • t2opcatt2opcat Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by alderdale

Some people cant understand my logic here, but I will never play a game that takes place in an open gameworld where you cant jump, and you cant jump in Ryzom.  The other problem is movement.  You cant circle strafe in Ryzom without sacrificing tradition side stafing. which also requires you to hold the mouse burrton down just to straf left and right without turning.  Its very weird but thats the way designers set it up.  I actually think its a bug that has never been addressed.  Those two reasons kept me from ever leaving the starting village though the game looked like it had potential in otther areas.

Your turn key on WASD becomes your strafe key when using the right mouse to steer.

/T2opcat