Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elin race censored/westernized.

Comments

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

I can't see this as a bad thing at all.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

It looks like a young girl.  I don't see anything wrong with putting more clothes on her.  Maybe a pedobear would have issues with the change.  Here is an image for comparison that I found by doing a quick Google search.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

-"I am glad to see how passionate you guys are, so I wanted to clarify my statement about the elin, however I am afraid the answer is pretty underwhelming. The only planned change for the elin is that we will be adding colored tights to a few of the armor models. That's it, most of the armor models won't even change. While this change is worked on we have disabled the race from the upcoming Community Play Event but I assure you the elin will be back and playable by our live service. We will also be adding cool new content surrounding the elin and their history to the website, so look for that coming soon."

Who cares, people are over reacting to this. So their adding tights to cover the the bottoms of elins that look like seven year old children...who cares. Why would anyone want to pay attention to that in the first place, I don't get it.

edit- the change is great btw, because it's not like western audiences wouldn't bitch about this, i dont know why people are surprised.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Different world cultures, different cultural standards. Corporations attempting to insure profits accross that world.

China doesn't like skeletal avatars, Blizzard fixes that.

Europe doesn't like child-like avatars wearing little clothing, Bluehole Studios fixes that.

Working as intended.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Xenx656Xenx656 Member UncommonPosts: 55

They took out the ears also?!?! im gonna guess the tail is also gone?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by jadedlevir

edit- the change is great btw, because it's not like western audiences wouldn't bitch about this, i dont know why people are surprised.

I agree, I think it looks better also.  This probably has less to do about what people want and more about what the ESRB wants.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Originally posted by Xenx656

Might as well throw a veil over their face while they're at it, it's to child-like for video games.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=7ab4862bcce10a9afb0cbaada4fe4285&t=15162

No bare legs, no purchase.

Yeah, I have to agree with the others, That first picture that was posted above looks like a sexualized child.

This is only a good thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

While I agree that the new clothes are good, I think any kind of censorship in itself is a bad thing. If it's acceptable in the part of the world where art's original creators live, then it should be acceptable in western countries where cultural diversity in encouraged.

Originally posted by Xenx656

Those should still be in at least for NA version. 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• XenorusXenorus Member Posts: 37

I think a lot of the concern from this will stem from the prospect of censorship taking over. I would say a lot of people are going to be concerned by the wider picture. "If they can change this, then what else can censors get changed in the game?"

To be fair, I would be slightly concerned if someone important to me saw me playing a game which *appeared* to feature a semi naked 7 year old, and had no idea about the game etc, because that could lead to a difficult situation. In this case, I think the full cover up is a bit much, it looks kinda weird to be honest. They shoulda gone with shorts or something. Its not like knees and shins are sexually appealing body parts.

Other than this, I think covering the women in games up a bit more makes sense from an actual armor perspective. Covering only your chest and ass with armor makes you a simple kill. Despite this, if they decided this was "showing too much" and said it needed censored. Id fight it all the way, because once they get one change made, the prepare to open the floodgates.

www.noobwarfare.com - Marching to war against the morons of the world.

What's weird is you can watch spongebob walk around in his underware on the cartoon channel and that is totally good to go.......go figure :/

• theinvadertheinvader Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Xenorus

They shoulda gone with shorts or something. Its not like knees and shins are sexually appealing body parts.

*Cough*

What? Never met a guy with a shin fetish before?

Originally posted by stayontarget

What's weird is you can watch spongebob walk around in his underware on the cartoon channel and that is totally good to go.......go figure :/

WHAT? They're showing a nude sponge on children's television? The outrage!

Always read the small print.

Originally posted by Robokapp

the number of molested virtual girls is indeed alarming and the virtual rights community should never stand for this.

/facepalm

Duly noted, you have no problem seeing sexualized little girls. Not everyone in every place shares your open mindedness on this topic and for the most part feel that children (or anything representing a child) never be sexualized.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Originally posted by theinvader

Originally posted by Xenorus

They shoulda gone with shorts or something. Its not like knees and shins are sexually appealing body parts.

*Cough*

What? Never met a guy with a shin fetish before?

WHAT? They're showing a nude sponge on children's television? The outrage!

I agree with Xenorus, shorts would have been fine as opposed to the bikini bottom.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=7ab4862bcce10a9afb0cbaada4fe4285&t=15162

GOOD!

Im hoping that silly race to be removed entirely but probably that wont happen...

I mean WTH is it with this anime style to show teen girls in provocative clothing? It is disgusting if you ask me.

• scottnsscottns Member UncommonPosts: 231

Looks like you'll have to find a new game to wack off too...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by syntax42

It looks like a young girl.  I don't see anything wrong with putting more clothes on her.  Maybe a pedobear would have issues with the change.  Here is an image for comparison that I found by doing a quick Google search.

eventhough the image to the left looks sexy, it actually looks better with tights on, most mmos now try to make lil girl races look like brothel hoes lol, devs are forgetting about cool sets of armors and now they create crap and make hoes, lol whats going on with devs lately, are they the pedobears u mentioned? or want to bring em from the street to the game? lol

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Hopefully they'll give the thong armor to the nice buff boys this time :D?  Seriously though...this shouldn't even be newsworthy!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Sovrath

the number of molested virtual girls is indeed alarming and the virtual rights community should never stand for this.

/facepalm

Duly noted, you have no problem seeing sexualized little girls. Not everyone in every place shares your open mindedness on this topic and for the most part feel that children (or anything representing a child) never be sexualized.

I understand. but I also think of why...and it's because its harmful to the child. But in this case the child does not exist...so without a victim there's  no crime.

If they chose to gave their young race a real armor set from the start...the kind of armor someone would actually wear in combat not in a strip club...I'd have no problem. But having it edited for the West to me is insulting. It tells me that we're seen (and rightfully so) as uncapable to handle the full effect the artists are trying to send with the artstyle.

paintings, songs, movies and any other artistical expressions should never be censored imo. I dont think the message of the artist can properly be communicated through censorship.

After being born on the east of the Wall, I've seen enough censorship for a lifetime.

Peadophility is a crime, even if it is fictualized. Atleast in most countries. And it should never, ever be ok just because it is art or whatever.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Spongebob does not look like a 7-year-old girl.  He's a sponge.  They could make him nude as long as they don't draw reproductive organs.  Its like drawing animals nude.  Ever watch cartoons like Bugs Bunny, Looney Tunes, Ren & Stimpy, or basically anything pre-1995 with animals in it?

Too many people get offended by any form of censorship.  When it is used to protect children, it is definitely justified to censor it.  When it is used on adult content that only adults are supposed to be able to view, then you have the right to be offended.  Stop crying about an image of a child being given more clothes.  Would you really allow your daughter to wear something like that to school?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by syntax42

Spongebob does not look like a 7-year-old girl.  He's a sponge. 

i had to lol at this LOL

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Different treatments, huh?

I guess they're just doing some prevention against a possible lawsuit because someone supposedly turned a pedophile by playing online games.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Sovrath

/facepalm

I understand. but I also think of why...and it's because its harmful to the child. But in this case the child does not exist...so without a victim there's  no crime.

If they chose to gave their young race a real armor set from the start...the kind of armor someone would actually wear in combat not in a strip club...I'd have no problem. But having it edited for the West to me is insulting. It tells me that we're seen (and rightfully so) as uncapable to handle the full effect the artists are trying to send with the artstyle.

paintings, songs, movies and any other artistical expressions should never be censored imo. I dont think the message of the artist can properly be communicated through censorship.

After being born on the east of the Wall, I've seen enough censorship for a lifetime.

I see some of your points in this post regarding censorship, but there comes a time where they need to draw the line and I think this is one of those times. I don't feel it ruins the artistic expression at all, simply by adding more clothes. Don't get me wrong I am no prude or anything, but in this case I feel censorship does have it's place. I have absolutely no issue with any other race in Tera.

• theinvadertheinvader Member UncommonPosts: 240

SW:TOR has nude Wookies as well. The sheer perversity!

Always read the small print.

This discussion has been closed.