Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zero Punctuation excoraited DCU

SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Member UncommonPosts: 59

And rightfully so frankly. These spoonfed/easy mode MMOs are a baine on the genre. If this was any plane old super hero MMO and didn't have the DC in front of the name it would have been 100X worse than the ultimate failure it already is.

Comments

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Yahtzee ripping apart an MMO? Unthinkable!

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

It's not that he's really against MMO's or Multiplayer, It's just that so often their shallowly done, being an mmo is no excuse for repetitive mindless content, you think you can get away with it because others have.  

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by SonikFlash

It's not that he's really against MMO's or Multiplayer, It's just that so often their shallowly done, being an mmo is no excuse for repetitive mindless content, you think you can get away with it because others have.  

Wow! Very well said and completely correct.

WoW took things players liked in 'other' MMOs and improved it. They also took things players didn't like and either removed or improved them. Too many companies these days either fail to or forget about the 'improve' part of that and instead go for 'emulate'.

• SpytedSpyted Member Posts: 108

As far as I am concerned the combat, environment, and Ip conviction underpinning DCUO is better than any other mmo and most single player games. It is quite legitimate to criticise the game for things it didn't do or has still to do, more content and more non combat activities but in several areas DCUO does improve markedly on what else is out there....after the unimaginitive messes of Champions Online, Aion, STO, Rift DCUO comes across as one of the only recent release that has any real right to justify its existence imo.

• Master-NalaMaster-Nala Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by Naqaj

Yahtzee ripping apart an MMO? Unthinkable!

Like most Yahtzee reviews, there's a core truth to what he says, just exaggerated for comedic effect.  I think he was too hard on DCUO, but many of his criticism are sound.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

DOWN WITH THE "MUMORPUGERS"!!!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Dear OP,

You are the first person in a long time to force me to Google a word definition.

Thank you.

R,

Skeaser

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

If I want brutal honesty about a game, I watch zero punctuation, he's usually right even if he exaggerates a bit.

Usually if he complains about something that would also piss you off, that's a sign that the game is bad. Just remember to take it with a grain of salt.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The few times I've listened to one of these reviews I spend half the time trying to figure out what the fuck he said because the recording has been sped up.  The minor bits of humor I have heard isn't worth the hassle of trying to interpret what he's saying.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by grunty

The few times I've listened to one of these reviews I spend half the time trying to figure out what the fuck he said because the recording has been sped up.  The minor bits of humor I have heard isn't worth the hassle of trying to interpret what he's saying.

Sounds like a problem on your end rather than his. There's absolutely no difficulty whatsoever in making out what he's saying, unless English isn't your main language possibly.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I like the guys reviews, they usually make me laugh, this one was bad tho.

It was just hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate and more hate the whole way through.

I love DCUO, its fun as hell, it has its problems and im not sure ill continue my sub but i dont feel ive wasted any money on it at all.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

You could not bother to post a bloody link?

Here it is for those who want to check out the review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2757-DC-Universe-Online