Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been thinking of trying it, have a few Q's..

Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

I've been thinking heavily about getting this game. You see for me, it depends on what type of game that will get me into PvP. When I play fantasy type games, I can't get into PvP. But when it comes to shooter games, I love PvP. I've played EQ1, currently playing WoW and EQ2. I'm already bored of WoW but still having fun with EQ2. If I decide to leave WoW I may get EVE but will still play EQ2. So here are my questions, bare with me...

1.Would EVE run well on my system? Its a AMD64, Athlon 3000, 1 gig of ram, 16x DVD-Rom, 128mb ASUS video Card.

2.How many servers are there?

3.Are there both pvp and pve servers?

4.Can you only kill other players or can you do missions to earn money, ect..

5.Whats the level cap?

6.Are there any expansions to get?

7.How long has the game been out?

8.Are there any game cards to get? Or is it free?

Well I think thats it for now. If I come up with more questions I'll post them.

Comments

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by Takata5

I've been thinking heavily about getting this game. You see for me, it depends on what type of game that will get me into PvP. When I play fantasy type games, I can't get into PvP. But when it comes to shooter games, I love PvP. I've played EQ1, currently playing WoW and EQ2. I'm already bored of WoW but still having fun with EQ2. If I decide to leave WoW I may get EVE but will still play EQ2. So here are my questions, bare with me...
    1.Would EVE run well on my system? Its a AMD64, Athlon 3000, 1 gig of ram, 16x DVD-Rom, 128mb ASUS video Card.
    2.How many servers are there?
    3.Are there both pvp and pve servers?
    4.Can you only kill other players or can you do missions to earn money, ect..
    5.Whats the level cap?
    6.Are there any expansions to get?
    7.How long has the game been out?
    8.Are there any game cards to get? Or is it free?
    Well I think thats it for now. If I come up with more questions I'll post them.

1.  Yes, you'd be fine.

2.  1

3.  EVE is technically open pvp, however, there are security ratings of systems.  Ranging from 1.0 to 0.0.  In 1.0, CONCORD, the police, are all over whoever attacks another player.  In 0.0, no police.

4.  You can destroy other players ships and pick up some random stuff from their hold, and you can "pod" them after you destroy their ship.  Podding them destroys their clone which can cause skill loss if their clone isn't good enough.

5.  No levels.  EVE is entirely skill based.  You log in, set a skill to train and it trains in real time while you're playing and even when you're offline.

6.  No paid expansions, just install the game and DL any updates.

7.  The game came out 2 years and some change ago.

8.  You can buy time cards on the games website if you wish or pay by credit card.  There are some other payment options as well.  The game is not free.

There is a free trial though!

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.