Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to get WoW?

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Sooo I was thinking of getting WoW around April if theres still no launch date for GW2 or SWTOR or TERA...or WoD...Or Secret world...

So yah!! Does anyone know if theres a complete collection thingie with WoW and alll of its expansion packs?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

In any stores that sells games and net shops sells too.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

You can get it off of Battle.net. I think it's like ~$120 for all of them. ALternatively, you could get the battle chest with Vanilla and TBC for $40 (I think, it might be less), and then get digital copies of WotLK and Cata. Which only saves you like $20 I believe. If you don't want to drop that much at once, you could just grab Vanilla for $20, then level to 60, then grab TBC, WotLK, Cata when you're ready for those. You wouldn't be able to play as a Blood Elf or Draeni witrhout TBC, Worgen or Goblin without Cata, and couldn't roll a Death Knight without WotLK.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

x.x 100$ :o

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Castillle

I know. =/ It's a lot to drop on a game at once IMHO. I honestly regret doing it back in december. I had gave my old account away because I quit in early WotLK, then purchased Vanilla-Cata all over again then, and by the middle of February I was bored and had only made it to 73. But that's just me. There's obviously millions of more people that find it more enjoyable. I think it's just me being burned out from the typical "themepark experience".

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

You should check the digital purchase directly from Blizz. I think it is cheaper.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Zolgar

Originally posted by Castillle

I know. =/ It's a lot to drop on a game at once IMHO. I honestly regret doing it back in december. I had gave my old account away because I quit in early WotLK, then purchased Vanilla-Cata all over again then, and by the middle of February I was bored and had only made it to 73. But that's just me. There's obviously millions of more people that find it more enjoyable. I think it's just me being burned out from the typical "themepark experience".

That's why I never give away my accounts :D I know that if I ever wanna come back I will need my account :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I have an old account with vanilla+tbc but...Idk...Its been ages and I forgot the username and password for it and I dont even remember what email it was on -.-  I played allods today and I was like 'OMG I MISS MY WARLOCK IN WOW!'

( o.o)
    (")(")

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by Zolgar

I know. =/ It's a lot to drop on a game at once IMHO.

You don't have to drop it all at once. All you need to start playing is original WoW. The expansions won't be needed until you hit 60, 70, and 80 respectively. Or if you want to roll a Draenei or Blood Elf (need BC),  a Worgen or Goblin (need Cata), or use the archeology profession (need Cata). Other than those, pretty much everything else will be available from levels 1-60.

• GudrunixGudrunix Member Posts: 149

Why even buy it?  Just try out the free ten-day trial.  You should be able to figure out if you have any interest in it fairly quickly.

If you do have an interest, just go for the basic set, only $20.  They completely redesigned the old world, so there is plenty of great content.  All that will be shut out will be a few of the races, and one of the classes, and the content at level 61+ (but that's a long way off).  But most of the race/class combinations are available from the start.  And you won't have to spend another penny until you get close to 60, when you can decide if you want to move on.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Gudrunix

Why even buy it?  Just try out the free ten-day trial.  You should be able to figure out if you have any interest in it fairly quickly.

good advice -- but also a warning

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/

if you upgrade from Trial , it can take up to 3 days (after upgrading)  for your acct to have the trial restrictions lifted for no trading / no AH / no mail / no tells unless you are on persons friends list