Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patches?

DoubleDonkeyDoubleDonkey Member Posts: 38
I was told that there will be patches coming like every month and they are $20.00 each... If there are $20.00 patches that are necessary and come around that often then GW isn't free at all. If this si true GW is dead for me. Anyone know any truth about this?

Comments

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by DoubleDonkey
    I was told that there will be patches coming like every month and they are $20.00 each... If there are $20.00 patches that are necessary and come around that often then GW isn't free at all. If this si true GW is dead for me. Anyone know any truth about this?

Did no one teach you to never believe everything you hear?
  • neoshamanneoshaman Member Posts: 17

I'm not sure where you heard that before, but its certainly not true. The patches are free and are automatically streamed into the game itself.

• DoubleDonkeyDoubleDonkey Member Posts: 38

I was told you don't payn for them now, but later on you will.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

I was told you don't payn for them now, but later on you will.

I was told to worship our alien overlords.....Expansions will come later & those you pay for.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

You don't pay for patches. Those are mandatory. You would be SOE if you had to pay for patches. You will have to pay for expansions. Added content via their server will be free, but large-scale updates will be the expansion packs set to release.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

Whoever told you that was clearly a rental fanboy deliberately feeding you misinformation (unless he too had been fed it). In any case: expansions are planned to be released every 6-9 months. These will be known as "chapters". Each chapter is supposed to be as "big" as the first. Expansions will not be free, nor are they with most any other game. PATCHES, are as free as any other patches, but possibly more frequent, and definitely more efficient (thx to streaming).
  • DoubleDonkeyDoubleDonkey Member Posts: 38
    Actually I am rpretty good at mmo's and I wasnt sure whether to go GW or WoW and my friend wanted me to go WoW to play with him and help him out and I brought up the free months with GW so he just BSed me.. I only PvP and I'm going GW for sure.