Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transformers MMO being Developed by jagex? (Runescape devs)

ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

HASBRO AND JAGEX ENTER STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT TO CREATE NEW TRANSFORMERS ONLINE GAME

Iconic AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS Set to Battle Online in 2012

PAWTUCKET, R.I. - March 14, 2011 - Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) announced today that it has signed a strategic development agreement with Jagex Limited to jointly create a new online game based on the globally iconic TRANSFORMERS brand. Under the agreement, the two companies are slated to launch the TRANSFORMERS online game in 2012 in North America, Latin America, Europe, New Zealand and Australia.

Jagex, based in the United Kingdom, is one of the largest independent game developers and publishers in the world with a dedicated global user base of millions playing its more than 40 online games. The company's flagship game, RuneScape, is the world's most popular free-to-play MMOG.

“Hasbro's decision to align with Jagex speaks to the quality of their award-winning development and publishing team that boasts an outstanding track record of delivering innovative and fun online games capable of reaching millions of gamers across the globe,” said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Gaming and Media at Hasbro. “We are extremely excited to create a dream team that combines TRANSFORMERS brand stewards with Jagex development experts to deliver an epic TRANSFORMERS gaming experience to fans in 2012.”

“TRANSFORMERS is one of the most iconic brands in the world and we are delighted to team up with Hasbro in order to bring our shared vision to reality,” said Mark Gerhard, CEO at Jagex Games Studio. “There is a huge appetite for an online TRANSFORMERS game and we will utilize every bit of our development and publishing expertise to deliver a dynamic and action-packed game that TRANSFORMERS fans will find irresistible.”

Well, thats kinda dissapoining imo..

Oh well, hopefully hasbro puts alot of money into it and it can become a good game. Dont know if this is old news or not!

Source: http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2011/03/transformers-mmo.html

Or you can find the sources there :)

Currently Playing Path of Exile

Comments

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Why is it a disapointment Runescape is a great mmorpg better then most out there Just cause the graphics are not  amazing means anything

Jagex is a great company and they still listen to there community

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

I dont mind the graphics, i did try the game and i never liked it. There are alot of other better companys they could have chosen imo, but we will see how it turns out, might be good! What im afraid of is that they are aiming for the kids audience so we get something like Marvel Squad online or that kid MMO SoE made, hopefully it will be a supscription MMO, something like Transformers: War for cybertron style combat with open world etc and aimed for a semi mature audience.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Nah i hope they make it a mature transformers like there upcoming Mmorpg caleld StellarDawn  its suppose to be targetd at Mature older players.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• MatheodamonMatheodamon Member Posts: 26

Really? iwonder how it looks like.. anyway i'll just wait until it was released :D 

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Out in 2012? 1-2 year development time? There's no way you can have anything interesting out in less than 2 years, are they racing the end of the world or what, with this release plan?

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

It can probably be a cool game. Transformers by itself is already cool. Making it into an MMO might be a good one since who would not love to see your character transforming into another type of machine?

My only concern here is that I'm not so much a fan of games that are based on some popular show, anime, movie, or whatnot. I dunno. Many of them failed (DCUO is probably one of the few exceptions) so I'm not too optimistic about this. :p

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• MatheodamonMatheodamon Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Kuinn

Out in 2012? 1-2 year development time? There's no way you can have anything interesting out in less than 2 years, are they racing the end of the world or what, with this release plan?

Lols, you believin that it's really an end of the world on 2012? hihihihih 

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by Matheodamon

Havent you heard? :(

On a more serious note, I believe it will be the end for the transformers game if it's released so soon, unless it's something very very simple, maybe it's one of those kids mmo's.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by Matheodamon

Havent you heard? :(

On a more serious note, I believe it will be the end for the transformers game if it's released so soon, unless it's something very very simple, maybe it's one of those kids mmo's.

Yea, thats what im afraid of, this short development time can only mean they are making a very basic kids MMO, or hasbro has put that deadline and they have no idea how long it takes too make a decent MMO. We will find out eventually tough.

One would think with all the money they are making from the Transformers Franchise they would atleast throw some money into it and make a really good subscription based MMO for "adults" (atleast 13+ and not 13 and younger..)

• MordeathMordeath Member Posts: 131

I always like the calm demeanor of the guy fighing the dragon at the door who politely asks you to assist as the goblins behind him are looting.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Mordeath

I always like the calm demeanor of the guy fighing the dragon at the door who politely asks you to assist as the goblins behind him are looting.

Well, there's really no need to get pushy, you know?