Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Transformers Online Game in the Works

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jagex has announced that it has reached an agreement with Hasbro to create a new online Transformers game based on the wildly popular property. The game is scheduled for release in 2012. There is no news about exactly what type of game it will be but be sure that we'll keep you posted as more information becomes available.

“TRANSFORMERS is one of the most iconic brands in the world and we are delighted to team up with Hasbro in order to bring our shared vision to reality,” said Mark Gerhard, CEO at Jagex Games Studio. “There is a huge appetite for an online TRANSFORMERS game and we will utilize every bit of our development and publishing expertise to deliver a dynamic and action-packed game that TRANSFORMERS fans will find irresistible.”

Source: Email press release

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AtPlayAtPlay Member Posts: 23

Wow...a WHOLE year for development?

• jkuempeljkuempel Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by AtPlay

Likely it was in development before the announcement was made.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Jagex is a browser based MMO developer. Another serie gone to helll to the easy score greed of people that should be banned for life from games. This is gonna be a terrible game, free 2 play but being verry expensive with the webshop if you wanna enjoy the big part of the game. A year in development says enough.

@jkuempel, don't be naif, no studio is investing money in making a licenced game before the licence is in the pocket. Making a game cost allot money, so you don't start something until you have permision of a licence.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Damn... how many terrible licensed MMOs do people want to make before they saturate the market. We got Battlestar Galatica Online, the Dr. Who MMO and now this. What do they expect to make with a years of development? But I guess they had to cut their cost somewhere, since they're using a popular IP.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

ew image

well, it makes sense. Just like when a popular movie comes out every body and their uncle tries to cash in on that success by making a similar movie.

I can't see how this will be any good except maybe to die hard transformer fans.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RymosRymos Member CommonPosts: 58

Mecha mmos never really was "IN"

This'll prolly crash n burn

If only blizzard had the IP :(

If only blizzard had EVERY ip

Trion would be a good candidate too

• macburlmacburl Member Posts: 11

Hey, Jagex did a fairly good job with RuneScape. I know you probably hate me for saying that, but honestly, it's a well done game, and still fun! (it has gotten worse over the past few years.) It'll probably be free2play, with NO item mall, and then a membership option, as they did with RuneScape.

I'm excited to see where it goes, it has potential to be a good game.

Signature
    (optional)

BBML Allowed
    500 characters max

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Hasbro could've done so much better than jagex!

--
    Michael

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

They think hey popular IP many fans $$$ so mmo next step and next disaster in the make lol.

Made by people who just see money thats all.

I realy doub it have a development of 1 year but who knows these days nothing amaze me anymore.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• ChickGeekChickGeek Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by jkuempel

Likely it was in development before the announcement was made.

That would not be technically OR legally possible. Have you been rised under a rock? It's copyrighted world, no one does a project on someone else's property unless being told it's okay first or being a StarCraft 2 fan.

if it's a browser-based game, a year in development looks pretty realistic to me.

Online Games in Girl's Eyes
    http://chickgeekgames.blogspot.com

• ChickGeekChickGeek Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by macburl

Hey, Jagex did a fairly good job with RuneScape. I know you probably hate me for saying that, but honestly, it's a well done game, and still fun! (it has gotten worse over the past few years.) It'll probably be free2play, with NO item mall, and then a membership option, as they did with RuneScape.

I'm excited to see where it goes, it has potential to be a good game.

i don't see how a free2play model can fit in without its item mall part, it's what makes it "free2play", that they don't have a subscription. IMHO they'll totally do the item mall, and everyone will be buying car paints in there.

Online Games in Girl's Eyes
    http://chickgeekgames.blogspot.com

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

I guess this is why they "scrapped" MechScape/Stellar Dawn. They're doing a bit of re-skinning the space robots and calling it "Transformers".

The one time I saw a video of it, it was really just RuneScape with some silly robots. This is going to be utterly awful.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I hope we can choose whatever we want to tranform from and to, I want to have a transforming George Foreman Grill that shoots flaming grease balls at enemies.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• elmaster20elmaster20 Member Posts: 2

Wow Awsome!!!

• PadoPado Member UncommonPosts: 21

Its probably already in development. Also dont be surprised if it got postponed.

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

I LOVE TRANSFORMER .      i have transformer stuff in my house.  hope they capture the transformer ...   

• FoxkounFoxkoun Member Posts: 96

I'm pleased with 90% of War for Cybertron, so if they manage to improve on it, without butt****ing it then I'll take a look.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

please oh please oh please have realtime transformation animation like the console game had!!!!!! who needs mounts! I AM the mount WOOT!

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    to those saying copyright  this and that well thats  where "gobots " and the like come in you make a game with  generic robots that transform   on a   robotic planet  then if you get the license its not hard to make it cybertron