Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changed my opinion on this game after investing more time

EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Bottom line, new players stay away.

This game has always been pay2win though the extent may differ from one person's opinion to another. What is essentially terrible about the game is, not only does it have a low population of players for an mmo, it has a very unhelpful community. New players will find it very very hard to gear up towards endgame, as the guilds that can gear you up, dont need you and would rather gear up their alts, and the guilds that are willing to help gear u up, cant really get far in pve. Apart from this, with the low population of players, the price of cash shop items essential to serious gamers goes higher and higher in the auction house due to the fact that less and less players spend on cash shop items. The less of such items in the market, the higher the pricing.

Maybe i should add some extra clarity, to be fair, if you're a casual gamer that doesnt mind not getting anywhere in the game you play, this could give u some hours of fun, if u're a serious gamer, stayyyy farrrrrrrrr awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Well, I have to agree with you on pretty much everything you say. For casual gamers it could be seriously fun for a while, at least until you get to Asee Teph, maybe even longer. But end game is going to disappoint unless you invest heavily in the game. Cash Shop mechanics, forcing you to pay to be able to stay in the game. Instances created to only be feasable with players having level this defensive and level that offensive runes. You don't meet the requirements, then you're not supposed to survive, simple. With each patch they make things harder, forcing higher and higher rune requirements and the prices of these higher runes go up exponentially.

If you're looking for a casual game this could be a really nice one until you get bored of the grind, that is going to come your way eventually. Or until you feel you're no longer enjoying the game without spending more cash than you're willing to part with.

Double xp events do help in giving you a boost to unlock some more quests, but they're not all that frequent.

It's a pretty nice game otherwise. Many players make alts because there really isn't all that much to do at high level, just a few instances each week. The upcoming patch might change things, we'll have to wait and see.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

i forgot where asee-teph is.  I got sutck at Holy lands with no quests to do except for lab 13 ones which noone could help with.  I was only level 21 :(

haha the game's finally live.  i feel sorry for the people who think that's gonna make a difference.  i heard there's a new zone out. lol wth they haven't even fixed the bug in yasker's tower and astral and dead sea last time i checked.