Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armor & Races (and sweet vids!)

JamesErnstJamesErnst Member UncommonPosts: 53

So I was watching some youtube vids on Tera and I came across a series of character creation vids.  The videos showed a lot of different armor sets but they all looked specific to each race... which I suppose is nice being that they all have their own style and what not.  I was just wondering if the look of one piece of armor will change when put on by a different race or will each race have a specific pool of gear from which they can wear.   Anyway the facial customization is really nice and I was just hoping that armor sets would be just as versatile. I can't stand how lazy WoW armor sets are.. a big part of the appeal Tera has to me is how pretty it all looks! :) hahah.. I am also really excited to try out the combat system.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rendermax  This guy uploaded a bunch of nice HD battle and character creation vids.

..I remember in EQ gear was specific to certain races and class, which I thought made more sense that what WoW does..

--Gaymer Extraordinaire--

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Those armor pieces that barely cover the private parts of the demon ladies would sure look hilarious on the barakas hehe.

• JamesErnstJamesErnst Member UncommonPosts: 53

Originally posted by Xasapis

Those armor pieces that barely cover the private parts of the demon ladies would sure look hilarious on the barakas hehe.

Right! Hahah I mean they would have to have separate versions of each armor piece for every race/gender it seems.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The armor has a different variation to it depending on what race uses it.   http://tera-online.cc/gallery/renders/rases/

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

another thought about armor.. aside from sharing armor with different races, what about mixing?? I know it makes sense that we would be provided with pictures of armor in nice little sets, but I was trying to imagine mixing some of the pieces and it cant picture it.  The way some of the gear is rendered it just looks like one piece.

http://www.terafans.com/uploads/1277775583/gallery_24_4_3848362.png

looks like shes wearing a body suit! I don't know.. Maybe this is a silly  thought, but I hope that with all the effort put into making such detailed gear us players can be creative with it... I like to look as custom as possible :)

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by JamesErnst

another thought about armor.. aside from sharing armor with different races, what about mixing?? I know it makes sense that we would be provided with pictures of armor in nice little sets, but I was trying to imagine mixing some of the pieces and it cant picture it.  The way some of the gear is rendered it just looks like one piece.

http://www.terafans.com/uploads/1277775583/gallery_24_4_3848362.png

looks like shes wearing a body suit! I don't know.. Maybe this is a silly  thought, but I hope that with all the effort put into making such detailed gear us players can be creative with it... I like to look as custom as possible :)

Armor is split up into 3 different pieces; body, hands, and feet. You can mix items from the sets, and each armor piece will have its own appearance. There are also accessory slots which do not effect your character's appearance.

thanks for the info, where did you read about that?

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by JamesErnst

thanks for the info, where did you read about that?

I don't recall where I first read it (probably an old thread on the official forums), but it is easy enough to see if you watch a stream of a player leveling in the korean client.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

@ Bygeorge:  Did you get an invite yet ?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...