Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (NEW) journey into Mortal Online

1235»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

OK.. so Lahuzer logs in.. says hello.. and the server goes into "offline mode" where I can talk and move around but no one is connected:

I mean.. you CANNOT make this stuff up.    GG my friend.   You did your best to sell a poor product, but I called you on it.  The proof is in the pudding.  The server cannot possibly ONLY crash when I play.  Contrary to popular belief I do not have secret powers.   Bad server is bad.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

OK.. so Lahuzer logs in.. says hello.. and the server goes into "offline mode" where I can talk and move around but no one is connected:

I mean.. you CANNOT make this stuff up.    GG my friend.   You did your best to sell a poor product, but I called you on it.  The proof is in the pudding.  The server cannot possibly ONLY crash when I play.  Contrary to popular belief I do not have secret powers.   Bad server is bad.

Well I stood there for almost 3 hours without any problems, but yes, the server ain´t as stable as it should be, I never claimed anything else, but once it´s up, I sure didn´t have any problems. Usually you can take a pissbrake, make a sandwish, kiss your GF or BF for that matter, and then come back swinging.

• Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

You should of frapsed me pushing the afk guy into a corner and not being able to hit him 20 times out of 30.  Not even handle hits.

As per GM Discord just now in IRC they are "Keeping it down" to work on the server.  No ETA on reboot.

"We are dealing with our attacker right now.  It will come back up when we finish"

Apparently this is related to the hacker/attacker that was discussed in the thread here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/309372/pictures-of-hackers-in-MO-.html

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Didn't username say the dude was already banned and it was patched out?  Damn it is too easy to hack SV code.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

As per GM Discord just now in IRC they are "Keeping it down" to work on the server.  No ETA on reboot.

"We are dealing with our attacker right now.  It will come back up when we finish"

Apparently this is related to the hacker/attacker that was discussed in the thread here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/309372/pictures-of-hackers-in-MO-.html

Yeah, I just read that as well. So if it´s not you using your powers, someone else is, and I sure as hell understand them taking it down while they try to sort it out. It´s peeps like that, that wanna exploit a game, that can ruin a game. Let´s hope they can fix it, so us normal players can play the game. I will go make my GF happy now. But I´m still up for frapping a showdown or whatever. Tomorrow I work late and will finish midnight my time. So I can be online aprox. 2 hours from when I write this message.

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by UnseelieCour

12 hour donwload and patch isn''t that bad for a 32gb game. If you're really sincere about exposing Mortal Online for the fraud it is, it would be helpful to quantify your porblems a little more. You're supposed to work in IT, right?

Aside from the blank error message, which you as well as I know is of little use to anyone outside of SV anyway, and the icons being moved around your desktop (which I believe is a graphics driver issue with Windows that normally appears after you close a maximised window of some sort , especially a wrapper window for a directX application), what exact problems are you having? You lowered everything to the lowest settings. Did you have them on the highest before? It would be really good to have such statements quantified with this sort of information and supplemented with the specs of your rig - it would give the potential player a much better understanding of problems s/he may face.

I'm skeptical of your screenshot, however. I travel all around Nave (Mortal Online's world) and Fabernum is by far the busiest place in the game. I can't think of any time of the day such a shot could be taken and I play at all hours (I have to squeeze my time in when I can, being in full-time and shifted employment). The server just went up and you were first in? Again, quantifying statements is of great help in warning the potential defrauded away from this steaming pile of a game.

Mechanics you don't like - I can live with that. I do remember the time you positively gushed over them, however. Discovered they're not actually for you? That's cool.

And to the new player:

Why not try it for yourself? Mortal Online is a fantastic experience - some people get bored quickly and some have been playing for over a year (beta included). But I can't think of many who didn't at least get a month of enjoyment out of it and you're getting 2 weeks for free. I do recommend downloading/patching client before you get the trial, but that goes without saying across the whole mmorpg industry.

For heaven's sake, what more detail do you need? He's telling you exactly what happened when he tried to install and run the trial....

Originally posted by Lazerus666

1.  Was not talking to you.

2. I have been playing again since the free trial.  Remember we had the long convo about me exploiting the noob flag.

3. Lay off the weed brah.

1. I was the one that was gonna frap. Not Slap...

2. Let me qutoe you from yesterday "The only reason I am ploiting the game right now is because I am not playing it".

3. I smell a ban burning in that pipe.

Originally posted by Lahuzer

2. I have been playing again since the free trial.  Remember we had the long convo about me exploiting the noob flag.

2. Let me qutoe you from yesterday "The only reason I am ploiting the game right now is because I am not paying for it".

Fixed.

Oh and tell the rest of Acolytes, especially Mycke I said whats up.  I hear most of you are taking a break.  Like I said alot.  If MO is such a good game why do guilds leave enmasse??  

2. Let me qutoe you from yesterday "The only reason I am ploiting the game right now is because I am not paying for it".

Fixed.

Oh and tell the rest of Acolytes, especially Mycke I said whats up.  I hear most of you are taking a break.  Like I said alot.  If MO is such a good game why do guilds leave enmasse??  

Me and Mycke have many things in common. One of them are that you shouldn´t feed trolls. So I won´t give you more food after this. But feel  free to visit our keep ingame. I´ll even let you in myself... And there I can feed ya some arrows.

Ill come on over but it will be hard to feed me arrows I am yellow remember.  Also I do love Mycke I had many arguements about the state of MO.  But he finally started seeing the light and started posting critiques to SV and even he started to get his posts deleted.  And I would never call Mycke a troll his posts were very constructive.  {mod edit}

Do not worry I did not think you were going to actually answer the question.  "If the game is so good why do guilds leave enmasse."

Fixed.

Me and Mycke have many things in common. One of them are that you shouldn´t feed trolls. So I won´t give you more food after this. But feel  free to visit our keep ingame. I´ll even let you in myself... And there I can feed ya some arrows.

Ill come on over but it will be hard to feed me arrows I am yellow remember.  Also I do love Mycke I had many arguements about the state of MO.  But he finally started seeing the light and started posting critiques to SV and even he started to get his posts deleted.  And I would never call Mycke a troll his posts were very constructive.  But if even a fanboys constructive critiques are getting deleted.......  And if you do not feed trolls. (not saying I am one)  You sir are a buffet.

Do not worry I did not think you were going to actually answer the question.  "If the game is so good why do guilds leave enmasse."

Here comes some cookies for ya... Aco haven´t left MO. The CHAOS alliance is still very much alive. Some have taken a brake, but are subbed and will come back. I speak to these guys almost every day. Mycke has had some post deleted, and he has spoken to Henric himself about it, and he´s cool with it. Many things was said in anger after the event that had  the "TOP-keep" being seiged by risars etc. SV sure learned something from that day. So don´t try to put words into my mouth since you have no clue on what´s going on with the players in Aco etc.

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Haha! Thank you for the clarification! Seems like some on theese boards are doing everything in there power to make it look bad lol! There are loads of guilds/alliances left, I also play/talk to them every day!

{mod edit}

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please remember to stick to the thread topic. The poster was documenting his time in game, so if you would like to discuss aspects of the game or populations, please do so in the open threads or start new ones and don't derail this one. Thanks.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• PoopBucketPoopBucket Member Posts: 66

Have you any more in game experiences Slap or is this thread dead now?   HAs anyone else tried the trial and have any experiences to share?

Originally posted by PoopBucket

Have you any more in game experiences Slap or is this thread dead now?   HAs anyone else tried the trial and have any experiences to share?

I last tried on Sunday evening but the server went down for an hour +  just as Lahuzer joined me.  He was going to video our time together.  Perhaps I might try one last time before the trial ends if they ever can keep the server up.

PS: If anyone wants to share their own experiences please feel free to make a new thread.

My trial has ended.  I was unable to coincide any playtime with server uptime since my last post.  Anyhow.  Perhaps I will take another look at the game a few months down the line (although it looks like SWTOR is heating up and no matter how bad it turns out I will HAVE to give that one a look).  For now though, I would be hard pressed to recommend this game to anyone.  The trial IS free however, so if you find yourself bored with a day or so to download and install then go for it.  At least it won't cost you anything.

I hope the nearly 5000 viewers of this thread fouund it usefull and perhaps some time in the future there will be another such thread.  As a great man once said "There are always... possibilities"