Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the difficulty with purchase?

wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Being an old beta tester and 5 year player of AC I still have not found really if im honest a mmo that is as fun and amusing Asherons Call..

Trouble is I go get trial to make sure things all fine on pc etc and yeah u can use VISA great :D I put it in sorry card not blah blah.. bull really its  been used on even SOE and they used to be damn fussy also ....

so now cant even trial it, I notice when checking out payment info it states "visa credit or debit cards" but when ur actually trying to enter the details it only has text reading "credit card"

shame...

Comments

• DreyzzynDreyzzyn Member Posts: 40

credit is essentially a debit. always interchanged these.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

yes it is a debit but as said using on say sony onines site it states same thing "credit card required, master, american exp, visa etc" and it works fine on there ..

I was speaking to a few people in an irc room earlier they said they had same trouble just did not like the visa card they had. so interchanging or not on the meaning of the word "debit" in relation to credit or std visa seems to need a bit more info on the site about it.

Im guessing they cant add other methods due to the game not being downloaded enough these days to warrant the costs of setting up such..

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

theres something wrong with this 14 days trial too,i tried to get into it yesterday and still no activation info(key) anywhere.

i made 2 more email accounts just to be sure and nada,they wont send anything.

Generation P

inboil, contact their tech support to get a key. I had the same problem.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Might have something to do with their billing system. Some credit cards don't work with their billing system (even though they work with every other companies billing system).

Originally posted by Dreyzzyn

inboil, contact their tech support to get a key. I had the same problem.

i tried to contact account support but i cant because i dont have account info from them ,if i want to contact them i cant,i contacted ingame support or something and it takes 1-3 days from them to answer ,and i cant be sure what they will answer,in my nightmares they will say" you must contact account support" hehee,but i will get back to this later,now i bought FFXI from steam and it was a lot  easier than getting into this 14 days trial :<

Generation P

• popalxpopalx Member UncommonPosts: 90

Originally posted by inBOIL

theres something wrong with this 14 days trial too,i tried to get into it yesterday and still no activation info(key) anywhere.

I have the same problem and I can't use the support page, since a new ticket requires an account name, etc.

So any news about this problem ?

I'm a member of Coloholics Anonymous.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Originally posted by popalx

I have the same problem and I can't use the support page, since a new ticket requires an account name, etc.

So any news about this problem ?

I thought I would take a little trip down memory lane, but NO.

The irony that you need a key code to make a new account, but you need an account to submit a trouble ticket o_0

you can make a turbine account without a key

To create a Turbine Account, enter your Product Key in the Product Key field above.

this is impossible mission ,,and no answer from support yet :/

"edit" 22.2 i got the key from them now,but,now im filling my account details and blim blam blum getting aggro here.

+++The username: XXXXXXX, has been reserved for 10 minutes while you complete the create account process. If you do not complete the process within this time frame, or close the browser, you may be required to select a new username+++

then

*The system was unable to create your account at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.   [err: 30003]

**The system was unable to update your account at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again.   [err: -2

***Your session data was lost or has timed out due to inactivity. Please restart the process. We apologize for any inconvenience.    [err: 20003]

this is insane. byebye turbine ,forever.

Generation P

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Strange, I haven't run into this and I use a Visa debit card for this (and everything else).

Have you tried calling them to see if they could fix the issue for you?

• scottnsscottns Member UncommonPosts: 231

To create a Turbine Account, enter your Product Key in the Product Key field above.

this is impossible mission ,,and no answer from support yet :/

"edit" 22.2 i got the key from them now,but,now im filling my account details and blim blam blum getting aggro here.

+++The username: XXXXXXX, has been reserved for 10 minutes while you complete the create account process. If you do not complete the process within this time frame, or close the browser, you may be required to select a new username+++

then

*The system was unable to create your account at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.   [err: 30003]

**The system was unable to update your account at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again.   [err: -2

***Your session data was lost or has timed out due to inactivity. Please restart the process. We apologize for any inconvenience.    [err: 20003]

this is insane. byebye turbine ,forever.

I had the same issue trying to re-sub to lotro. I just called and gave the info on the phone and all is working now. Call 1-781-407-4020 for support.

• VaenVaen Member Posts: 140

You gave the credit card info on the phone, huh? Doesn't sound very secure to me. I've been struggling with same issue, and it's really annoying, as AC is one of the very few games I'd like to familiarize myself with.