Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congress is about to ban VOIP

doom27nycdoom27nyc Member Posts: 6

Hey peeps, today something extremely scandalous is going over the internet, if any of you is subscribed to a website by the name of demandprogress.com and you follow the wiki leaks... You are probably aware that the US congress is about to ban Skype, Blackberry and other voice over internet services.... The so called VoIP and so on...

Apparently they are going to do this as a safety measure because the government is afraid that terrorist and other criminals groups all around the world plan their evil doings over Skype and other things over the internet voice systems... Why is the government concern about this??? Because the internet communication systems don’t let the government Wiretap the line and hear you…

Here is when things get a bit more complicated; the companies behind these programs now need to implement certain hidden functions in their programs that will run at the background of our computers allowing the government to hear what we say over Skype, Blackberry and probably Team Speak, Ventrilo, Mumble and other in-game voice systems…

Now gaming is going to be affected, because this new technologies are going to cause a lot of trouble until they get stabilized, not to mention that someone can hack this new wiretapping ability and allow someone from the enemy guild to hear your voice chat without you knowing it…

Who knows if after doing this, they start pushing developers into adding Wiretapping capabilities into messenger and online games, that will hinder the gaming performance and will increase the production costs of games… I know they are going to do this for safety, but too much safety can be your own nightmare too lol! I don’t want to pay 20 bucks per month because now it cost more money to keep the wiretapping abilities up…

That will be something that will affect everyone all around the world, if you think that living in UK or in Germany is no big deal because you are not going to be affected by this new stunt move… Then think twice because if you get into a ventrilo system with the ability to be wiretapped without letting you know, there is a possibility that some punk is hacking this wiretapping functionality and gets into your vent channel and hear everything you and your companions say about the game and then use it against you…

OH!!! One other thing, what if this so called hackers also use this wiretapping cabalities to get your Credit Card information and other private and sensitive stuff about you... The last thing that people is going to care is about getting spied in the game, because now they are going to be spied for real!!!!

If what I mentioned above happened.. omg! The media industry now has two evil enemies, Piracy and Exploited Wiretapping… This is not cool!!!!! Companies already expend a lot of money in a lost war against piracy when it comes to safety features like SecuROM, now they need to expend a couple millions per title to keep their game safe from wiretapping hackers and cross team spies…

I know that the US Congress is doing this because terrorists have a safe heaven when it comes to skype and other voice systems but at the same time this will break things up all over the world if certain people exploit what the US government is asking for… Wiretapping…

This internet site has more details about this

act.demandprogress.org/sign/calea/

Comments

• gc.migsgc.migs Member Posts: 17

Well here in my country congress has nothing better to do but to sit down and talk smack to one another.

• dalekimdalekim Member Posts: 7

Screw them!! their just wasting tax payers money why not address big issues like oil price hike? not voip sheessshhh that freaks me up.

• RevshawnRevshawn Member Posts: 4

Wow. How gay is that?