Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warcraft- What a waste of your life. A cynical viewpoint

Cataclysm achieved this for me and many i know. Here's my viewpoint

New Zones- copy and paste of previous content. Not much effort went in there. After the glorious burning crusade zones things went downhill. Main problem is the questing has changed. You simply bounce around the map following the papertrail of questlines not really caring about each area.

Quests are dull- OK they always have been in WOW but every new zone was simply kill mobs then after 6 or so questlines you get to kill the superboss dumbed down immensely.

Dungeons- Great levelling up to 85 going thru old content etc but the moment u hit 85 you hit the repetitive stage of PVE. And some of the dungeons like the Vortex Pinnacle are simply boring. The thought of going thru them everyday makes me feel ill. Even then u sit in SW for hours on end waiting to get a group. What a waste of a life. Plus what does PVE actually achieve in the long run??? So u get better gear, and??? As for raiding you have to have a jobless existence to get anywhere.

Guilds- Now full of diehard geeks/kids who will spit the dummy out at the slightest mistake you make. Pull an easy mob if your DPS and they will lynch you for it. Do i really want to spend my time playing with this sort of person? Nope

PVP- Grinding to get the same gear day in day out. BG again is full of kids screaming at you to stop zerging the middle. Its simply one big button bash when in combat as there's so many 'get out of jail' cards for all classes that its usually better to 'stick in the gang' and pick em off. You can't get any decent weopons so you simply are forced to do the arena or play with some 'auction house' crap.

Arena- Again its a button bashing panic. Firing off dps/ trinket macros and hoping you get the edge on the opponents. Then you meet the same Overpowered teams every few games. Your dps doesn't even dent them. Your score goes down. Great have to wait another few weeks to get that weopon. Without it i can't compete with these teams. More subscription fees for nothing.

Endgame- Log in at night. Sit on my mount high above Stormwind with all the other lemmings doing absolutely nothing. Maybe i'll get lucky and get into a dungeon in an hour. Shall i check the auction house for the 1000000th time? great i just sold some iron ore for 20g.  Maybe i can do an achievement instead. At least then i'll feel like i'm doing something.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

Comments

• MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Quests are dull- OK they always have been in WOW but every new zone was simply kill mobs then after 6 or so questlines you get to kill the superboss dumbed down immensely.

Sorry but i totally disagree with this statment. You only have to try the new quest chain in Redridge mountians to understand. I honestly thought that putting all the quests into one quest chain was stupid at first, but after completing the quest chain in Redridge I can understand why they have done it.

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

They have done it simply to keep the momentum going on the levelling grind. Bouncing from quest to quest means you don't become stuck thus making the game more appealing to the masses.

If you can offer any other explanation then i'm all ears. Maybe you can't smell the coffee either lol.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

It does indeed seem like the OP need to move on, every one get bruned out at one point or another and the OP seems to have hit his/her point of break.

Personally i like the new "papetrail" quests as they have a more livid storytelling aspect to it, The new zones are nice but then again it is only soo much you can do with Azeroth.

As for the guild stuff... that is like saying that just because you got one bad meal in one resturabnt, all the resturants in the WORLD are bad and give crap service.

But the thing that gives me  the most "burnt-out" wibe is that you complain about the grind... .. .

So my top tip is to try out other games/hobbies, no point in doing something you can not enjoy

This have been a good conversation

• theforzetheforze Member Posts: 38

The OP got it spot on the only thing is, i could of told him WoW's flaws years ago :)

For me it got boring fast, its so linear & tidious, as well as being full of obnoxious little

gear snobish children, the community is poor vs older games or sandox style...

no wait... it's just WoW it's nothing to do with being a themepark.

The sooner it dies the better for everyone tbh as all dev studios are bashing out WoW clones,

the suits see the cash that WoW makes & they want a slice of the action... simple

but this prevents any new innovation & is making the MMO market stale!!!

Move on m8 & find a better usage of time... i did :)

The Deathstar destroyed planets...SOE destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Yeah OP it's time to move on or even take a break from MMOs alltogether as many things You wrote about are generic to theme park MMOs.

Questing - in WoW in old areas was indeed dull. But with chainquests actually have story behind and make some sense, this was a good move and truly needed revamp. Other MMOs do it too(i.e. LOTRO) and usually players are happy about changes. Kill 10 rats quests are in any other MMO - LOTRO, Runes of Magic, Rift...so You won't escape from those.

Dungeons - You obviously are bored with PvE end game. Won't find anything elsewhere, except old LFG system on local chat. Aka You'll sit in some generic zone and type waiting for group.

Guilds - try finding a good one. Hardcore guilds offering all raiding mean hardcore rules. You don't more than 4 folks to do all instances in game, cept raids. But in general You'll find other MMOs better in this department.

Endgame - same as in other games, but with crosserver auto lfg. You'll only find very same in other games. Aka doing achievements and spamming lfg while waiting at AH.

So either try out sandboxed MMOs like EVE or just take a break as You won't find anything different elsewhere.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Video games achieved this for me and many i know. Here's my viewpoint

New Zones- copy and paste of previous content. Not much effort went in there. After the glorious burning crusade zones things went downhill. Main problem is the questing has changed. You simply bounce around the map following the papertrail of questlines not really caring about each area.

Video games- Great levelling up to 85 going thru old content etc but the moment u hit 85 you hit the repetitive stage of video games. And some of the dungeons like the Vortex Pinnacle are simply boring. The thought of going thru them everyday makes me feel ill. Even then u sit in SW for hours on end waiting to get a group (try the dungeon finder?). What a waste of a life. Plus what does video games actually achieve in the long run??? So u get better gear, and??? As for raiding you have to have a jobless existence to get anywhere.

Video games- Now full of diehard geeks/kids who will spit the dummy out at the slightest mistake you make. Pull an easy mob if your DPS and they will lynch you for it. Do i really want to spend my time playing with this sort of person? Nope

Video games- Grinding to get the same gear day in day out. video games again is full of kids screaming at you to stop zerging the middle. Its simply one big button bash when in combat as there's so many 'get out of jail' cards for all classes that its usually better to 'stick in the gang' and pick em off. You can't get any decent weopons so you simply are forced to do the arena or play with some 'auction house' crap.

Video games- Again its a button bashing panic. Firing off dps/ trinket macros and hoping you get the edge on the opponents. Then you meet the same Overpowered teams every few games. Your dps doesn't even dent them. Your score goes down. Great have to wait another few weeks to get that weopon. Without it i can't compete with these teams. More subscription fees for nothing.

Video games- Log in at night. Sit on my mount high above Stormwind with all the other lemmings doing absolutely nothing. Maybe i'll get lucky and get into a dungeon in an hour. Shall i check the auction house for the 1000000th time? great i just sold some iron ore for 20g.  Maybe i can do an achievement instead. At least then i'll feel like i'm doing something.

Seriously, all I read was "I regret playing this game because I spent so many hours and I'm not the #1 player in the universe."  Pretty much everything you complained about applies to many, if not all, other video games.  Huge waste of time with no accomplishment?  Yup. video games.  Screaming children calling you names?  Sounds pretty standard for multiplayer... at least in WoW you don't get the same level of racist/homophobic nerdrage.  Button mashing panic... I'm guessing you're too young to have played Street Fighter in the arcade, or any action game for that matter?  And as for getting bored over time... name one single-player game you could play longer than WoW without getting bored.

Video games are all a waste of your life... most of us just find the ones we enjoy instead of complaining about the ones we don't.