Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i think my time has passed on this game

odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

i think im gonna quit DC ..im done doing duos / raids ..i have 3 30s and sick of pvp..the people are really bad in pvp and doesnt make it fun at all..most of the time they just roll out or fly away from a fight...theres never nothing to do at night when the younger crowd hits the bed for work / school ...they need more powers and better char creation imo ..and soe says they ae going to have a monthly event every month like this new valentines day thing that came out weeks after vals day lol ...i just cant play this anylonger unless they raise the lvl cap / new powers / better char creation ...and people are saying "just wait till they come out with the green lantern exp." ...who really cares..i for one dont see how / why they would even do it..theres already a huge quest line for green lantern in the game..but i guess being comic heros they can do w/e  they want at anytime..seems silly and just a quick buck from soe...yes this game was great and fresh when it came out..but no longer. i just hope they can use this game to make even better games to come...btw im on ps3 if anyone was wondering..and the ps3 has horrible issues STILL ..like rendering / freezeing and constant bugs..the interface is a nightmare ..when you press start..its hella slow to popup and use / to switch to what tab you want..its really bad ..and no its not just my ps3..my son has a ps3 and DC and his does the same thing and the same issues..i cant speak for pc but the ps3 DC is flushing down the turd bowl fast..so thats 60$ per game + two 3 month plans = 180$ flushed down the crapper and we prolly cant even get a trade in on the game seeing you need a key to play it...DAM U SOE ..U GOT MY AGAIN!

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

The green lantern expansion is supposed to allow you to become a green lantern (or yellow lantern), and theres supposed to be a big long storyline talking about how that came to be and the reasons for it.

As for the PS3,  can't really say what things are like on there as I don't play on the PS3 anymore.  On the PC you still have exploits, some hackers, and other balance issues to deal with,  I would only suspect it to be somewhat less prevalent on the PS3.    

When I played on the PS3 in beta I did hit a few performance issues,  but mainly to do with the menus rather then hitching going throughout the world. Load times were pretty bad too though.

You wont' be able to trade in the game, thats for sure.  Why you bought 2 3 months subs, I can't really say.. I love the game and had many months in beta,  was close to certain that I would be playing the game for a few months and still only went month to month, and I'm happy I did seeing as how this last patch fixed issues but created many others.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by maskedweasel

The green lantern expansion is supposed to allow you to become a green lantern (or yellow lantern), and theres supposed to be a big long storyline talking about how that came to be and the reasons for it.

As for the PS3,  can't really say what things are like on there as I don't play on the PS3 anymore.  On the PC you still have exploits, some hackers, and other balance issues to deal with,  I would only suspect it to be somewhat less prevalent on the PS3.    

When I played on the PS3 in beta I did hit a few performance issues,  but mainly to do with the menus rather then hitching going throughout the world. Load times were pretty bad too though.

You wont' be able to trade in the game, thats for sure.  Why you bought 2 3 months subs, I can't really say.. I love the game and had many months in beta,  was close to certain that I would be playing the game for a few months and still only went month to month, and I'm happy I did seeing as how this last patch fixed issues but created many others.

2 3 month subs ..1 fer my son and 1 fer me...but ya at this point the problems are out weighing any kind of new content / eyecandy they are going to put out there atm and i dont see my self being happy with this title till something is done..but then again im talking about SOE lol

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Scambug

Same here, once you get passed the 1st month (2 weeks if you play alot) of fun you quickly realize this is just one big pile of turd, like most other SOE titles.

The servers are already starting to die and the game isn't even 2 months old...

it was a great new way to play a new type of mmo when it was released..but now its meh" ..i guess its back to the same ol same ol fps on ps3 lol ..or untill they release the new f.fantasy on ps3 cuz mmo's are sucking hardcore on pc atm..nothing good at all...keeping fingers crossed for gw2

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I enjoyed my first month of DCUO.  I may go back to it in the summer when I have more time.  It was a good game, but not a great one, and I enjoyed the fast pace.  It just really needs to fix the communication and grouping issues.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by maskedweasel

The problem with this is gonna be the same thing that happened with Wraith.  Everyone is gonne stop playing whatever they have been and the whole server will be full of Will and Fear soldiers.  It''ll take a month or two for everythign to kinda of even out.   I wish SOE the best of luck with DCUO, but that bor has already sailed for me.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

It's a good game but it's a single player game with a bit of multiplayer content. Who in their right mind is going to pay a sub to continue to play it?  If I was Sony I would do a quick u-turn and go the route of Global Agenda, go free to play and implement some sort of store later on down the line.  This hasn't got any depth to charge a monthly fee and even if you like the game there isn't anything to do after the initial 30 days.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by fallenlords

It's a good game but it's a single player game with a bit of multiplayer content. Who in their right mind is going to pay a sub to continue to play it?  If I was Sony I would do a quick u-turn and go the route of Global Agenda, go free to play and implement some sort of store later on down the line.  This hasn't got any depth to charge a monthly fee and even if you like the game there isn't anything to do after the initial 30 days.

The store is already planned - they wanted sub + store. They've told people that for some time.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by TUX426

The store is already planned - they wanted sub + store. They've told people that for some time.

But I would focus on a store model and drop the sub for the time being.  It doesn't have the depth for it to be sub based. Unless they are banking on getting lots of subs from the PS3 crowd, but I would imagine as a user base it is even more fickle than PC users. Crysis 2 hits soon and I can see that putting a major dent in the server pops on both platforms.