Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about eye of the north

TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

So, I have Guild Wars Nightfall and i'm thinking about buying eye of the north, but I heard there is a difference between buying eotn and factions

I never bought "Guild Wars" as a standalone. I went right to nightfall, does that matter?

scribble scribble scribble

Comments

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

I think this from the official FAQ answers you m8.

Do I need to own a copy of one of the previous Guild Wars campaigns in order to play Guild Wars: Eye of the North?

Yes, because Eye of the North is an expansion rather than a new campaign—and because it is intended for your high-level characters—you need to own at least one of the Guild Wars campaigns—Guild Wars (the original campaign), Guild Wars Factions, or Guild Wars Nightfall—in order to play Guild Wars: Eye of the North. However, you do not need to complete any of the previous campaigns to play GW:EN.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by Antaran

I think this from the official FAQ answers you m8.

Do I need to own a copy of one of the previous Guild Wars campaigns in order to play Guild Wars: Eye of the North?

Yes, because Eye of the North is an expansion rather than a new campaign—and because it is intended for your high-level characters—you need to own at least one of the Guild Wars campaigns—Guild Wars (the original campaign), Guild Wars Factions, or Guild Wars Nightfall—in order to play Guild Wars: Eye of the North. However, you do not need to complete any of the previous campaigns to play GW:EN.

Thanks ^^

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

If you only have Nightfall, it's probably still worth getting Prophecies & Factions. Apart from the gear and items in each, it fleshes out the story line. Eye of the North is the end link in the chain, so to speak, and each of the episodes feed into it in some way (I won't give away spoilers in case you have't read up on it). EotN definately follows after each of the episodes as well, so doing it first and then the episodes would put out the story line somewhat (not a big deal, to be fair though).

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by SalmonMan

If you only have Nightfall, it's probably still worth getting Prophecies & Factions. Apart from the gear and items in each, it fleshes out the story line. Eye of the North is the end link in the chain, so to speak, and each of the episodes feed into it in some way (I won't give away spoilers in case you have't read up on it). EotN definately follows after each of the episodes as well, so doing it first and then the episodes would put out the story line somewhat (not a big deal, to be fair though).

Completley forgot :P I guess i'll buy some sort of pack. Think they're selling a "mix yourself" pack at one of the stores here :D Thanks for reminding me ;)