Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre made group

12345679»

Comments

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149

I'm thinking of giving this game a try. I won't be able to get much game time in this week, but I'm hoping to get the game downloaded and patched by next week. Additionally I'm Australian so my playtimes are a bit wonky from an American perspective.

That said I'd like a newbie guild which will have people to chat and group up with if available. I know the OP said this won't be a guild, but is there a chat channel or something I could hook into when I load up just to see if anyone is around and even remotely in my level bracket?

I'm interested in seeing this game for what it really is, rather than the lonely newbie experience so many solo players describe.

MUNDO!!

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

We have decided to take a holiday break for a few weeks and pick back up again in early Jan.  Day of the week and time should not change.  have a good holiday season everyone and I hope to see everyone in game soon.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Originally posted by Amarok44

I'm thinking of giving this game a try. I won't be able to get much game time in this week, but I'm hoping to get the game downloaded and patched by next week. Additionally I'm Australian so my playtimes are a bit wonky from an American perspective.

That said I'd like a newbie guild which will have people to chat and group up with if available. I know the OP said this won't be a guild, but is there a chat channel or something I could hook into when I load up just to see if anyone is around and even remotely in my level bracket?

I'm interested in seeing this game for what it really is, rather than the lonely newbie experience so many solo players describe.

I looked on the official Vanguard forums last night and there is a guild called Impact that is a newb guild.  Their site states they are very low level heavy.  You can find their post on the SOE vanguard forums and they have a website. 

Vanguard site post:  clicky clicky

their website:  clicky clicky

I do not anything about them so your guess is as good as mine.  I think I might try them out soon.  It reads they ahve 50 toons between 10-19 and 26 between 20-29.  That seems like enough to find a decent group; however, who knows how many are active and if the guild is any good. 

If you find a guild that is helpful to low levels you should post it here. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

i missed out on this :(

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• BaiameBaiame Member UncommonPosts: 143

Joining the group?  What level are you?  We are only lvl 15 or so atm.  We've been looking for a tank.  I have a DK but he's lvl 22.  We should be starting back up again here in the next few weeks.  Let us know if you'd like to join.   

We need to decide if we are starting up on the 3rd or the 10th.  I leveld a pally to 13, right now, so I can take over as a tank if we need. 

--John Ruskin

I'm good for the 3rd.  I'm headed back to BFE for work starting the 4th so internet will be slow after that.  Let me know if the 3rd works for you guys. 

*Edit*

Looks like I goofed on my dates there.  I'll be on tonight but it will be late.  I'll be on around 8 or so central time.  If I don't see you guys then, I'll be on next Tuesday at the normal time.

I will be on tonight too.  See you there.

--John Ruskin

Sorry I missed you guys tonight.  I'll be around this weekend...otherwise, I'll be on Tuesday night.

We were talking about redoing our classes to try and get a better group synergy.  I guess what we wanted to know was if you wanted to move your DK in or not?  I think we are resigned to the fate of having a 3 person group and not a 5 or 6 anymore and might try to make it a bit easier. 

--John Ruskin

Yea, sounds good to me.  I have a 22 DK, 13 Cleric, 33 Necro, 45 Druid.  Let me know which works for the group.  I'm up for grouping any of them.

CZ, I sent Aly an in game message earlier about this.  I'll be on with my cleric.  lvl 14 named Dump Truck   See you all Tuesday night.

Originally posted by Baiame

CZ, I sent Aly an in game message earlier about this.  I'll be on with my cleric.  lvl 14 named Dump Truck   See you all Tuesday night.

Hey, if Tuesday is bad for you I think we can switch to a different night.

--John Ruskin

• AutofireXIIIAutofireXIII Member Posts: 35

Hi guys!

I read here once/twice a day but don't have an account, finally decided to make one just for this topic! hehe. Usually stay away from accounts as it chews up too much time. Just have to manage it.

I have a low level Disciple i'm really into, but havn't played in about 2 months.  I'm mmo-less atm and kinda want something fun to play with again.. kind of sick of current mmo's. I live in the UK however, and have professional exams until wednesday next week. After that however, I'll have a week off to catch up.

My biggest gripe about vanguard is the lack of people to play with. Would be good to get invovled, even if it's with only 1-2 others. My best friend is wanting to come back and play his druid also (who is about level 13 or so right now).

Let me know!

Autofire

Originally posted by AutofireXIII

Hi guys!

I read here once/twice a day but don't have an account, finally decided to make one just for this topic! hehe. Usually stay away from accounts as it chews up too much time. Just have to manage it.

I have a low level Disciple i'm really into, but havn't played in about 2 months.  I'm mmo-less atm and kinda want something fun to play with again.. kind of sick of current mmo's. I live in the UK however, and have professional exams until wednesday next week. After that however, I'll have a week off to catch up.

My biggest gripe about vanguard is the lack of people to play with. Would be good to get invovled, even if it's with only 1-2 others. My best friend is wanting to come back and play his druid also (who is about level 13 or so right now).

Let me know!

If the times will me matchup we should be ok.  Right now we are Tuesday at 8:30 EST.  I am not sure what that is for you.  I think you are + 5, so 1:30 AM.  I am not sure how you feel about that.  We play for about 2 and half hours.  Right now we are all level 15ish.  Although we may be reowrkong the group so our levels are a bit lower. 

--John Ruskin

Originally posted by MMOman101

Hey, if Tuesday is bad for you I think we can switch to a different night.

Tuesday should still work for me.  I'll see you guys in a few days at 7:30 cst.  I'll start off on Dump Truck and rotate to Epi if I don't see you guys on around that time. 

Hey, CZ and Aly.  Wha would you guys think of Sunday nights for VG?

Hey, CZ and Aly.  Wha would you guys think of Sunday nights for VG?

will you be on tonight.  i think i am ok with sunday.  I am up for almost anything.  We can talk about it tonight.

--John Ruskin

Yes, I will be on tonight.  Work has picked up.  I can play longer on Sundays.  I'll see you guys in a bit.

Valentines day........I will be there next week.  We are having today. 

--John Ruskin

Ah, just got in.  Sorry, Aly, if I missed you.  Ended up coming home today.  Long drive.  I'll be on and off this week if you guys are around. 

CZ/Aly - I'm having tech problems today with VG.  I updated my video drivers on my AMD 4890 and blah, no more VG.  I'll looking into rolling back but SOE is saying to rollback to drivers from 2009.  I'll try to get it fixed but count me out tonight. 

CZ/Aly - I'm having tech problems today with VG.  I updated my video drivers on my AMD 4890 and blah, no more VG.  I'll looking into rolling back but SOE is saying to rollback to drivers from 2009.  I'll try to get it fixed but count me out tonight. 

It is all good.  It is just me anyway.  later man.

--John Ruskin

I will not be on tonight.  Not the best evening. 

--John Ruskin

No problem.  Hope your day gets better.  I'm not sure I'll be renewing VG this month.  I might renew when I start traveling again for work.  I've had a blast the past few months but this video card driver issue is pretty silly.  Let me know if you start any other game and I'll give it a shot with you.  Like I said, I might resub when I'm traveling with my laptop but for now, I'm refusing to roll back my desktop video drivers.  Take it easy!