Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WORLD OF WARCRAFT ADDICTION

2»

Comments

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by punchline
    GET FRIENDS!

I have friends. However, they come in the form of Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, and Humans!

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636
    Come back and post here if u still play in 3 years... THEN you are addicted... :)
  • webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

Go to school.

You might like learn how to like use the written like word like.

----------------------------------
    Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard
    ----------------------------------

• semioldguysemioldguy Member Posts: 5
    It is mainly limited to just playing on the weekends for me. Being a full time college student and maintaining a job limits my playtime during the weekdays. On the weekends though, I get lots of playing in. I would say that I get about twenty hours of play in during each two-day weekend, and about half of that is on World of Warcraft (the other half being on other MMOs).
  • gamingdudegamingdude Member Posts: 179

hmm, I play like, 4 hours a day, or less sometimes more

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by dekron

Originally posted by Vercades

Originally posted by TheEasterlin

STILL ADDICTED. CANT LEAVE COMPUTER. EYES GOING BAD. USED TO BE 20/20. Now I am wearing 200degree glasses. TOO FUN. 3 Lv 60 characters.

Haha, that sounds a bit exaggerated there but, all you need to do is turn down the contrast/brightness of your computer lower then the factory standards and you can play WoW to your hearts content, most people that wear glasses is cause of genetics or exposure to sunlight or w/e too long, a computer as far as I know only makes you see flashes of light that aren't there alot its really a common thing.

Actually there are studies showing that long term daily exposure to CRT monitors can create diminished vision, and in rare cases cause cataracts.  The radiation from CRT moniotors is the culprit of this problem.  The studies are not complete, but this is the direction they are going.  If you plan on playing hours and hours a day, then get an LCD monitor.  

As for the genetics thing, that just isn't true.  No one in my family wears glasses (except reading glasses that my 75 yo grandfather bought from Walmart).  I have 2 brothers.  Neither of them really use computers other than to work, check email, and browse the www for a bit.  I on the other hand spend at least 10 hours a day on the computer either gaming, programming, working, browsing, email, playing with the kids, etc.  I must wear glasses. I have gone through 2 different strengths in 5 years. Now my vision isn't horrible or anything, but enough to wear signs and books are blurry.

LCD just uses less power then CTR doesn't necessarily mean less radiation.  And yes genetics is a prime example of people that wear eye glasses my whole family has glasses or uses some form of eye glasses since many generations ago.  Sure you can get cataracts from looking at the monitor if its on full blast brighter then a freakin light bulb. 

I've actaully maintained my eye sight from looking at a computer screen, I went to get new glasses they checked my old records and said nothings really changed cept you need lenses.  That pain in your eye's you get from watching tv or a monitor too long is from glare, I got anti glare lenses and as far as I know it works like a charm.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I play when i can and since moving to the day shift it kind of hard to put in more then 2 hours a day on weekdays but i do play lots of time during the weekend.

Am i addicted to mmorpg?probably.But i am more addicted to the thought of losing my house and car due to been sackedimage

• Shai'tanShai'tan Member Posts: 78
    60 h... in 1 week...
  • drewddrewd Member Posts: 238

You and 2 million other people

• TheEasterlinTheEasterlin Member Posts: 75
    Im getting over this addiction probably. I am like in rehab. My comp gets locked up by my friends because they think im cracked up and some sort of wierdo which i probably am. BUT I STILL PLAY LIKE 60 HOURS A WEEK.
    How do you make your monitor less bad for your eyes? ... man my eyes burn
  • MrDinklberryMrDinklberry Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Shai'tan
    60 h... in 1 week...

didnt belive it, then i pulled out the ol' calculator, u only have to play 2 and a half hours a day for 7 days for that...........................i think lol

P.S. im not very good with math....

Give a jackass an education and you get a smartass...

Hmmm WoW is still fun for me =D how many players does wow have? i think its around 2million right?

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by TheEasterlin
    What do u think of WoW?

Police: Your entire family hs been murderd

The Easterlin: Yes but did they take my WoW disks?

Police: The hell i just told you your entire family died... but yeah he took those too

TheEasterlin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

thats what I think.

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

Some of you guys need a good CRT. I went trinitron and I'm never going back.

My eyes used to water after 2 hrs of gaming, less sometimes. THey would turn red and get irritated. It sucked, even though I would just use eyedrops and keep playing haha.

Anyway, my trinitron allows me to put in 4+ hours and a few times more than that with no eye strain that I can tell. Of course I try to look away every 10-20 minutes for a bit to rest my eyes.

Anyway, the addiction will wear off. As long as you don't lose your job or your girlfriend over it, you'll get over it eventually. It is summer though. Grill out. Go boating. Play volleyball or hackeysack or something. Seriously. Two years ago under the spell of a planar raiding guild in EQ I was singing a different story, but I'm all better now. Luckily no game has come out since with the same 6+ hr/night daily raiding requirement. And I hope none ever does again. I swear I lost about 8 months to that game heh. Had fun though, and didn't lose any limbs, friends, or jobs, so I'm good.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by LoStCaUz3

I mainly play on the weekends and I hardly have time over the weekdays.
    I wouldn't say I was addicted because I don't really have that kind of personality. I play for a good deal of time when I get the chance, though.

Most addicts don't see thier addictions.  I think the 600+ hours of playing WoW classifies you as an addict. 

I am not judging you as I know this from personal experienced when I played EQ1 for hours on end and I didnt think I was addicted.  Just playing a game I enjoyed very much.  I would play and don't even notice the time that passed that day.  But oh boy my wife sure did.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by j-monster
    Originally posted by TheEasterlin What do u think of WoW?
    Police: Your entire family hs been murderd
    The Easterlin: Yes but did they take my WoW disks?
    Police: The hell i just told you your entire family died... but yeah he took those too
    TheEasterlin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    thats what I think.

WoW doesnt require CDs to play, just to install. I dont see why he would freak out over that.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there