Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 State of Aion Online

ChaosProdigyChaosProdigy Member Posts: 45

Was wondering how Aion Online is doing now in 2011 after the expansion and after the server mergers? I played back in 2009-2010 and was thinking of giving it a try again.

Im more of a pvp player .

Comments

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361
    Since they made the charms free now, I say it's doing better than ever.

Edit: I lol'ed.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Originally posted by AlysenMinase

What Charms ?!? O.o

AION is pretty stable right now and another expansion is coming real soon. Though this one will be added in pieces to the Game with the biggest piece coming in around september or so.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Are you talking about Allods? This is Aion.

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Aion is doing great in Asia, obviously. As for the Western market, imo, it's good. I jump on every few months to play for about a month. I always jump back-n-forth between MMOs. I take my time playing MMOs so I don't care if I hit the endgame, I enjoy variety. But (and i wish the haters would just at least admit this) the game is quite stable and is a really good MMO for its type, again imo, but I dunno if NCsoft can get those burned back into it. The population is not that bad, either. I've never had an issue of waiting a long time to find a group, it's been quite easy and fast. I still see people roaming around the game never feels empty to me, it doesnt seem top heaving and I still see peeps in starting zones and upwards in levels. The game is in a good state. This game, Fallen Earth, and Darkfall all seem to get hate and people are allowed his or her own opinion(s) but those games are quite good, imo. Always had fun in them, they're just different types of mmos then your typical WoW i guess you can say. 

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by Panther2103

Are you talking about Allods? This is Aion.

agreed. Though both start with an A and have 2 syllables each, lol....I keep trying to get Allods to finish updating but it keeps dropping, unsure why....But I wanna check it out, too, since the charms are free. If the game launched and the charms + in-game store prices were dropped off the bat the Western Market would be njoying it more, i believe. Man...why am I having difficulty explaing tonight? oh ya...tired and too much studying...

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by ChaosProdigy

Was wondering how Aion Online is doing now in 2011 after the expansion and after the server mergers? I played back in 2009-2010 and was thinking of giving it a try again.

why dont you ask this Aion forum?

• ChaosProdigyChaosProdigy Member Posts: 45
    Noob question: how do i find the game specific sub forums? When i click forums it doesnt show specific game subforums...
  • xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

Noob question: how do i find the game specific sub forums? When i click forums it doesnt show specific game subforums...

go to the game list, pick your game, then go to that game's forum.

Or if you look on the lower part of the left column you will see it has the alphabetical list shrunken down for games, click from there.

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• ChaosProdigyChaosProdigy Member Posts: 45

any more feedback on state of this game?

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

any more feedback on state of this game?

What do you want to know? From the point of view of a player, its doing well. Plenty of people playing and even late I am still able to find groups for dungeons. I would say its going great and they are planning on adding more with the new patch.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

I heard 2.5 will have some pvp stuff added so people can gain AP a little more easily.  I'm back and enjoying the game more than ever.  Vaizel server if you are Elyos looking for a challenge!  

• TheCalamityTheCalamity Member UncommonPosts: 58

Honestly, as a person whose played aion from the CB till now, the games population is kinda dwindling. I see almost no new faces, and many of the old ones are long gone. It may just be because I'm an elyos on vaizel, but whatever. If I don't que for C-dregion within 5 minutes of it popping, i usually wait 40min-2hours or I just don't get in. Finding groups in the past month or 2 has really become a hassle. If I want to do BT or DP, i usually have to take an hour+ of time shouting in lfg to get a group, and by then it usually is scrapped. I LOVE the game, but it needs more people...and the way ncsoft runs things, its just bad and I really don't see how they are going to get a massive amount of players back to the game

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

I think this thread is more perspective than anything else. I play late night early morning and have no problems getting DP/THEO/Udas. But I'm also a cleric....so if your a dps it may be a problem. Plus most people try not to pug...so you might have to have a good legion to do anything. All I know is it appears to be doing well.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

i'm on telemachus and its all hussle and bussle. Yes sure its not rammed as a game is on release, but its certainly not short of players on my server.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by coxyroxy

i'm on telemachus and its all hussle and bussle. Yes sure its not rammed as a game is on release, but its certainly not short of players on my server.

playin tele too and have to agree with u..the only thing i have to complain about is the lack of asmos in ingg..common guys come over and let me kick ya arses :O

• KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by binary_0011

why dont you ask this Aion forum?

This is the Aion forum.

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198

Have they fixed / changed already the camera snap back while moving ?

This may sound dumb but that was the main reason I quit the game 2 times. I can get over it in PvE but in PvP its a real no go (at least for me), how the heck can I target someone behind me as a caster for kiting, its not possible therefore just frustrating and no fun in PvP.

A bit more PvP content for all lvls would be also good, maybe something like BGs for low lvls or something. Abyss sounds good but in reality it isnt for low lvls :/.

• NeoPlasmaXNeoPlasmaX Member Posts: 79

I haven't played since around October of 2010.  And I can say, it was pretty dead during that time.   There wasn't enough drive to get out and take forts but when it did happen, it still brought back some fun times.

The reason I quit, Aion had put debuffs in lower end zones to stop pvp in rifting.  I find it quite stupid since the game was advertised as a pvp game.  Look at all the original videos and it's people fighting (Elyos Vs. Asmo scenes).    Dunno why but after the game came to the NA/EU, they put in super strong guards, towns could no longer be camped or raided, zones were cut off by your level, new zones had no rifts, and then after the 2.0 expansion, the new zone of Balaurea was just so filled with mobs, you couldn't do any PvP cause if you ran into someone, it was you against the enemy with 5-10 mobs also all over you.

So essentially, this is what happened.  People just stood around the game.  The PvE was weak and nerfed and too much a grind.  (No telling how many DP runs I did and was 1 short from a full set that it just made me rage.)  Twinking was killed by the debuffs they put on the players when the rifted over.  They would have like a 80% or 40% dmg reduction shield basically on enemy players when you rifted to their zones.   

Quite frankly, the better fix for lower end rifting zones would have been to have enemy players not shown as attackable until they attack you.  Lift the level restrictions of rifts so any level and can travel through them and this would allow us to do old quests and such we were stuck and unable to do once you got a certain level. Plus lower level players wouldn't have been griefed by higher level players or twinked out players rifting over.

Basically, when you got to L55, you were a prisoner to two small zones in Balaurea.  Which to me, killed it even more.  There was nothing to do.  And very few really wanted to roll alts because the leveling all over again in that game even though was boosted, still was a long trip with few quests and only 2 solo dungeons added in (which were fun the first couple times.)

So unless Aion makes a substancial difference in their next patches, I don't think I would bother.  I loved the game when I played it in China before it came to the NA/EU.  There was few restrictions in rifting.  Max level you could still go to Eltnen or Morhiem or wherever you wanted.  There was no Fenris/Miragent quest line that killed the progression of armor in the game.  There was no Theo/Brus where high levels would hide out.  There was no guards walking around in zones that people couldn guard hump that would one shot enemies.  There was no instances that rewarded you Abyss Points (all your pvp gear was gotten with PvP not PvE.)  

To me they had it right in v.1.1 and had very high hopes for the game.  Then westenization of it totally messed it up and think even the die hard Aion fans like me that played it in China before it even came to NA/EU were disappointed by the westernized changes.  So what happened?  They shut the door on their loyal fans and they couldn't please the WoW westernized audience.  So both left and killed the game fast. 

Hopefully they realize this in future games and don't make those mistakes again.

If anyone is still playing and getting seeing the new updates, please post and let us know how it's coming about. 

I noticed on the website they did yet ANOTHER server merger.  When I left there was 5 servers still up for the NA. They went from 5 servers down to 2.  That's not a good sign.

I heard in Korea, the game actually doesn't have much of the westernization changes.  That it plays differently.

They still have like 40 servers up.   I think maybe they should have just ported it over direct without nerfing stuff and it probably would have recieved a lot better.  Cause honestly, I'd rather it have been a great PvP game than a half-assed PvE game with no PvP like it was.  I would still be playing it if that was the case.

Originally posted by TheCalamity

Honestly, as a person whose played aion from the CB till now, the games population is kinda dwindling. I see almost no new faces, and many of the old ones are long gone. It may just be because I'm an elyos on vaizel, but whatever. If I don't que for C-dregion within 5 minutes of it popping, i usually wait 40min-2hours or I just don't get in. Finding groups in the past month or 2 has really become a hassle. If I want to do BT or DP, i usually have to take an hour+ of time shouting in lfg to get a group, and by then it usually is scrapped. I LOVE the game, but it needs more people...and the way ncsoft runs things, its just bad and I really don't see how they are going to get a massive amount of players back to the game

This said, I have to give props to their LFG tool.    Probably one of the best I've seen in any game.

I hate how many games try to force you into options.  This tool never did.  It had you enter like 1 option and was to enter a comment.  In this comment you could put anything  "L50 Dredge"   or  "LFG Morhiem Grind"  etc.  Then it would list out in a bulletin board fashion when you opened it up.   It even had a Search at the top so you could put like "DP" in it and it would list every post with DP only.  You could sort by level or enter a range of levels.  It was exactly what an LFG tool should be.  Simple yet powerful.  Too bad there wasn't enough groups in the game usually to have to use the Search function. 

I think future games should take note to Aion's LFG tool (cough Blizz cough).  This is all the power you need.

• MayadevaMayadeva Member Posts: 21

I left Aion about 2 months ago, after playing continuosly from beta. On pve side is still impossibe to get groups for BT or DP (major instances) and drops are nothing. On pvp side, at least on Telemachus Elyos side, I know that sieges are pretty nice and balaurea too...but how long will last this time?

But I won't come back. Maybe with 2.5, with new instances, and if something changes with drops and craft. Is a very frustrating game, and pretty boring at endgame, especially in pve side. But also a lot of "pvpers" left....always same problem for me: they don't care very much of western customers.

Originally posted by Mayadeva

I left Aion about 2 months ago, after playing continuosly from beta. On pve side is still impossibe to get groups for BT or DP (major instances) and drops are nothing. On pvp side, at least on Telemachus Elyos side, I know that sieges are pretty nice and balaurea too...but how long will last this time?

But I won't come back. Maybe with 2.5, with new instances, and if something changes with drops and craft. Is a very frustrating game, and pretty boring at endgame, especially in pve side. But also a lot of "pvpers" left....always same problem for me: they don't care very much of western customers.

ehm wut?

u had problems to find grps for bt on tele-server? which side were u playin?

i dont know about asmos but on elyos side u can find about 5-10 bt grps in lfg window on almost every time of the day.

dp is kinda harder but if u would start a grp on your own i promise u would find enough ppl ;)

• MayadevaMayadeva Member Posts: 21

ehm wut?

i dont know about asmos but on elyos side u can find about 5-10 bt grps in lfg window on almost every time of the day.

dp is kinda harder but if u would start a grp on your own i promise u would find enough ppl ;)

Yeh all 10 looking for tank and/or cleric ;) (elyos side btw)

Is not easy for me leaving a game after 18 months of hardcore playing..but really, at the end was boring, and a bit frustrating.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

ehm wut?

Is not easy for me leaving a game after 18 months of hardcore playing..but really, at the end was boring, and a bit frustrating.

I took a break just as AoB came out.  I had spent a year staying up way too late and needed to recharge.  I've been back a while now and, of course, wondering why I left.  If I decided to roll a new character I would choose Cleric for quick groups.  Glads can main tank but Chanters cannot main heal for very long so Clerics are always needed.  Plus they are pretty brutal in PvP.

Just not worth my time anymore.

ehm wut?

ern not realy..

when did u played last time?

what u say is just nonsense. u can get grps for bt with every class.

here just a ss from 30 min ago http://img231.imageshack.us/i/aion0006yz.jpg/

as u see there are enough grps lookin for more then clerics and tanks ;)