Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - CryEngine2 MMORPG to rule the world?

12346»

Comments

• heheyhehey Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by ryuga81

EDIT: WTH is the thing with races divided into factions? i thought this game was supposed to be a sandbox O.o

In the long run the factions your stuck with in the begining of the game dont mean anything because they arent neccesarily permanent. Players can leave them and later have the ability to form their own factions where race wont matter (unless they want it to). The original continent will be player controlled and almost empty of NPC (except for the ones that players choose to put into their player built cities and castles) anyway and thats where most of the sandbox will take place.

"I will Turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by Manasu

Well, actually this is funny...Oficially they have announced CryEgnine2 to be the graphics machine that ArcheAge will use,although this video states that CryEngine3 will be used..eh...I guess a misconception.

this video does not mean, that they will use CryEngine3 at launch, it just shows, that they tinkered with CryEngine3 already.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by Xasapis

I got a question for the OP. Why is he claiming that the game uses cryengine 2, when Crytek is showcasing the game with cryengine 3?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711210

Fast forward the video at the 2mins timer.

Hello, well the game does use cryengine 2, and there was no official statement, on that the game will use CryEngine3. Tho it might be possible for them to transfer to cryengine3. But again. No official announcement.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

After watching videos of what Archeage has to offer to players i can say one thing.......... Cause this is not just about sandbox or themepark..It combines best elements of both genres into 1..Both fans of theme and sand will join it.....

If and WHEN Archeage Launches in Europe i predict some serious shit incoming to blizzard's head...

• FlanteusFlanteus Member UncommonPosts: 31

wow! my imaginary mmo is close to become reality!
    this is a house being built http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameIntros/5 looks cool
    and there is labor work where you can assign npc to craft for you when you offline! this means crafting will be deep and rich.

I'm huge crafting fan and this is look very promising, is there any more info about crafting? sorry most links give me 404 errors

Originally posted by Flanteus

wow! my imaginary mmo is close to become reality!

this is a house being built http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameIntros/5 looks cool

and there is labor work where you can assign npc to craft for you when you offline! this means crafting will be deep and rich.

I'm huge crafting fan and this is look very promising, is there any more info about crafting? sorry most links give me 404 errors

Hey, dont worry, we are currently changing our hosting

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Lyulfe

Originally posted by Agoden

So it'll fail because no one can run it >.

Huge and justified concern. They also seem to be promising an awful lot, better be able to back it up,

After looking at the youtube video's and the boat battles i'am not concerned one bit of the game play.. And since my computer ran AION + EvE on full settings with flying colors i'am not concerned about running this game either.. I hope by the time it comes out ill be useing a new machine anyways as this one is getting close to 2 years old.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I have seen too many of these games get over hyped and when you get to play them it is a huge let down.

I would not annoint this game with success until we get to actually play it.  

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Oh, and i havn't really seen anything on this games payment plan.. I'am praying it is a monthly sub game, can anyone confirm? I'd hate to not play this game just because its f2p but i have lost my faith in f2p.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by Ozmodan

I have seen too many of these games get over hyped and when you get to play them it is a huge let down.

Μmmm,too many of these games? What do you mean....ArcheAge is one of the very few games,if not the only one, that has a huge budget behind it (~60 million $),a great and very famous Developer and developing team,it uses for the first time in the history of MMOs CryEngine 2,maybe it will be CryEngine 3, and also it is aiming to be a sandbox MMO.Hence all the unique and UO influenced features that J.Song claims to have.I haven't seen such a project for many years.

Although, it is gonna succeed? We don't and we can't know till this game is released.Are we uber hyped and then we may have an epic let down? Propably...Though what we can be sure about, is that ArcheAge is not one of that "many games."

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • heheyhehey Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Oh, and i havn't really seen anything on this games payment plan.. I'am praying it is a monthly sub game, can anyone confirm? I'd hate to not play this game just because its f2p but i have lost my faith in f2p.

Youl see a lot of people on the net clain its f2p, but thats bullshit.

The last time Jake Song mentioned payment in any interviews he said they were still looking at all the options, as in they havent decided yet.

"I will Turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

As far as I know this is the first one with a big budget and decent dev team. Not some over ambitious small scale fail project in the making that we've seen too much of.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

But its 2011 why can't nobody run games like this?

Keep holding on there ancient xp rig to poor to buy new one or huge failor by microsoft with vista and now all stick to xp and won't take the step and get a win7 rig?

Or damn consoles are main developers platform and PC is dying becouse of this.

Are gamers even realy fans of game spent few hundred dollars every 6years thats what its worth for them and becouse PC constantly up grades they think i buy console and im set for next 7 years for on 300dollars cheap bastards:P

Maybe complexity of PC becouse i know most can't handle a pc like install or build or behave on internet clicking every damn link they see go to every damn site and get millions of worms, virusses and spam emails every week lol

Piracy maybe killing off pc?

Its sad that in 2011 most can't even run DX10 on there pc let alone DX11 :(

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Neloth

As far as I know this is the first one with a big budget and decent dev team. Not some over ambitious small scale fail project in the making that we've seen too much of.

I hope that is the case, too many times already i've been let down by games that were over hyped and didnt live up to their promises, and after looking at this game, im really hoping that this game does deliver, it has more going for it imo, than games like rift etc..but then i've always preferred sandbox games to themeparks. If this game really does deliver, then chances are i'll be buying it image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Evasia

But its 2011 why can't nobody run games like this?

Keep holding on there ancient xp rig to poor to buy new one or huge failor by microsoft with vista and now all stick to xp and won't take the step and get a win7 rig?

Or damn consoles are main developers platform and PC is dying becouse of this.

Are gamers even realy fans of game spent few hundred dollars every 6years thats what its worth for them and becouse PC constantly up grades they think i buy console and im set for next 7 years for on 300dollars cheap bastards:P

Maybe complexity of PC becouse i know most can't handle a pc like install or build or behave on internet clicking every damn link they see go to every damn site and get millions of worms, virusses and spam emails every week lol

Piracy maybe killing off pc?

Its sad that in 2011 most can't even run DX10 on there pc let alone DX11 :(

DX10 never really took off, the only real successor to DX9 is going to be DX11,  but that doesnt mean that DX9 won't be supported for a good while yet,  More computers run windows xp than they do windows 7 (forget windows vista, that was a none runner from the start) what i would like to see, really is more support for none microsoft OS, and before everyone jumps all over the various incarnations of Linux, just remember that google chrome OS is going to be available at some point, as for consoles, meh.. their not even current tech, so running even a half decent MMO on a console is out of the question, and what they have to do to a game to get it to run on a PS3 just doesnt bear thinking about..   but for the record, i have an xp rig that can run all current games, at highest resolution, even at 1650x1080 ... its really more about the hardware, the software, or in this case, the OS, is relatively unimportant. (but if your planning on using a SSD then you need to have windows 7, or.. linux/ubuntu )  ... image

• LordPsychodiLordPsychodi Member Posts: 101

I don't think it will come close to being anything more than a lineage 3, and lineage 2 shows probably every single dysfunction in MMOs to some degree, which is needless to say not uplifting. I wish there was more to it than that, but unless it can toss away the grindfest of old , it will be a very poor sandboix with mediocre darkfall like sub numbers in the western world and a smash hit in other further  releases like in korea, japan and china (if applicable)

Originally posted by LordPsychodi

I don't think it will come close to being anything more than a lineage 3, and lineage 2 shows probably every single dysfunction in MMOs to some degree, which is needless to say not uplifting. I wish there was more to it than that, but unless it can toss away the grindfest of old , it will be a very poor sandboix with mediocre darkfall like sub numbers in the western world and a smash hit in other further  releases like in korea, japan and china (if applicable)

And remains my favorite MMO, which i play for 7 years.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I also loved L2, probably my #2 favorite game. So I would venture to say they did a lot right and I hope Archeage ends up being released in NA because it looks to have a lot of what I want in a game.

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

If you people are basing these wild assumptions on crysis, then I weap for your ignorant uninformed souls (

Base your experience on crysis warhead..which actually had an optimized graphics engine, ie a much broader range of computers could play it successfully, and then then maybe I'll listen to your complaints.  

Generalizing something because you don't understand it is pretty meh.  It's also worth noting that to get a pc able to run the crysis 2 engine in modern day, takes what 5-600 dollars of upgrades?  I know waitresses who make that in less than a week.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by SonikFlash

If you people are basing these wild assumptions on crysis, then I weap for your ignorant uninformed souls (

Base your experience on crysis warhead..which actually had an optimized graphics engine, ie a much broader range of computers could play it successfully, and then then maybe I'll listen to your complaints.  

Generalizing something because you don't understand it is pretty meh.  It's also worth noting that to get a pc able to run the crysis 2 engine in modern day, takes what 5-600 dollars of upgrades?  I know waitresses who make that in less than a week.

than that waistress makes a-llot of money. Most people have that to spend each month ;)

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Crysis was great because it had an original gameplay and stunning production values to back up it's graphical prowess. This just looks like another medieval dungeon crawl with slow battling and a miniscule amount of voice acting. If I wanted great graphics and boring gameplay I could go back to Final Fantasy XIV.

Originally posted by Vryheid

Crysis was great because it had an original gameplay and stunning production values to back up it's graphical prowess. This just looks like another medieval dungeon crawl with slow battling and a miniscule amount of voice acting. If I wanted great graphics and boring gameplay I could go back to Final Fantasy XIV.

Thanks for making my day. There is always an idiot around the corner.